F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

F Pace Infotainment failure

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2023, 11:37 AM
Received 53 Likes on 18 Posts
Default F Pace Infotainment failure

Hi, we've got a 2018 2.0 (250bhp) Petrol Portfolio which we've been very pleased with but are having the occasional failure of of the Infotainment system. When it fails we have no radio, phone connection or any touchscreen function at all and just have a Jaguar logo or a blank screen displayed. If left switched off for a while, next time it is switched on it seems to work ok but this failure is getting more frequent. Has anybody else experienced this or have any idea what may be going on?

Old 01-20-2023, 03:12 PM
Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Let me praise you on having what I feel is the BEST, most "true'Jaguar" veresion of the F-Pace they ever made. The later the year, the weaker the model became in driving spirit, and eventually the more posh and froo-froo the interior became too.
The 2018 "drives like a Jag, Governor!!"

But the infotainment unit is NOT made by Jaguar, it's procured under contract by a 3rd-party Provider (like MOST car maker's vehicles we know), and no matter how much Jaguar is trusting it not to fail, you can get stuck with a unit that came from the Provider with a glitch in it, and it will need to be "re-powered", Software Rebooted, or yanked and replaced from the dashboard. There isn't anything YOU as a DIY-er can do to achieve the 2nd or 3rd fix I mentioned. But the first fix, "re-power", you can try yourself.
I have a US model, so I can't guide you to which fuse panel feeds the infotainment package. In my manual it's referred to as the Audio Head nuit, and there were actually TWO separate panels, each with a fuse I had to pull.
Pulling them both out wiped the Nav, the sound system, and touchscreen all. I don't recall for certain, but I believe it also disconnected my GPS link to my InControl tracker website (I had to re-register the vehicle on my Account all over again) which is why I only recall doing this ONCE in six years and never again. But it did no damage to the infotainment system, and it MAY shake the cobweb out of your unit.
The other two solutions,... obviously cost money, a trip to the professional Jag service center, and has been known to cause a new famous problem with your Meridian speakers.

Someone with the English market version will have to talk you through locating your fuses, though.