F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Has anyone been able to tune their 2023 SVR?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2022, 12:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Has anyone been able to tune their 2023 SVR?

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum as I recently picked up a 2023 SVR the other week. Gotta say I'm loving the car! However, I am already itching for more power, haha.

I contacted Stuart at Velocity AP, but he informed me that they have been unable to read the ECU for 2023 model year. He did suggest that I bring my car to one of their partner tuners (I'm in central Cali) to see if they could read mine. He said he wasn't sure if their was a specific VIN cutoff, or if all 2023 models have the new encryption. Only thing is it's a solid 3 hour drive one way. Definitely hoping to make the trip within the next couple of months if I can get to it. But, has anyone had any success with tuning their 23 SVR at all?

Here was another response I got when I submitted a general Inquiry to Velocity AP;
Unfortunately, we don’t currently believe we will be able to flash your ECU – the 2023’s we have come across so far all have some new Bosch encryption/security that our tool suppliers have not yet been able to bypass.

Loving all the info from the forum so far! Lot's to learn about on this car.

Old 01-03-2023, 04:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Congrats on the new SVR - that's terrific! Why the need for more power - just for the fun, or do you track it? I'd have thought it would be tyre traction-limited in typical driving conditions?

Question - did you special order or buy 'off the lot'? And what was negotiation like on price? I'm considering a new F Pace SVR - seem to be a lot of new 2023 models available on dealer lots, but I might need to order to get the colors and options I want. Wondering what current lead time is like and whether much ability to negotiate price now that vehicle availability seems to have settled out a bit.

What color did you get? Post some pictures!

Old 01-04-2023, 03:41 PM

Thanks! I do have some buddies who take their cars to the track. I may join them for one here soon. However, I don't really plan on tracking it often. So I guess you could say it would be just for the fun haha. I suppose I am just comparing it to my neighbors trackhawk, and my other friends hellcat. The Jag is quick, but just doesn't feel comparable to either one of those.

As far as traction, I haven't had any issues even in the all season tires. I bought a Draggy to see how it performed stock and even with traction control off, and launch mode engaged, I didn't even get a chirp from the tires. See screenshots below:

First run in the SVR

I actually bought mine used with ~2,800 miles on it. It was the GM's company car for a dealer out in Illinois (I'm in CA). So I bought it based on pictures alone and had it shipped out here. Couldn't find Black with Black leather interior locally at the time and so I looked elsewhere. Original MSRP was just north of 103k, with all the options. It was listed at 95. I ended up getting it for 100k Out the Door Shipped. I was able to negotiate down to ~90k, When you throw on CA taxes and registration, adds about 10%. and then shipping was around $1,600. So all in all I feel like I did okay. The car market seems to be getting cheaper as the days go on, so you may be able to get better than that.

I'm embarrassed to say, I haven't really taken many photos of it at all. It's been raining out here in CA for nearly 2 weeks with no end in sight on the forecast. I'm hoping to get it properly detailed before getting some good pictures of it. But here are some when they were loading it on the truck, and a poor one I snapped when it arrived haha. Will definitely post some when I get it shined up.

I think I answered everything, haha. Definitely let me know if you have any other questions!

Old 01-09-2023, 11:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Looks great. Congrats. And 13k under msrp for a few thousand miles seems like a good deal

Enjoy and happy driving!

Old 06-05-2023, 01:27 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by danlillibridge
Thanks! I do have some buddies who take their cars to the track. I may join them for one here soon. However, I don't really plan on tracking it often. So I guess you could say it would be just for the fun haha. I suppose I am just comparing it to my neighbors trackhawk, and my other friends hellcat. The Jag is quick, but just doesn't feel comparable to either one of those.

As far as traction, I haven't had any issues even in the all season tires. I bought a Draggy to see how it performed stock and even with traction control off, and launch mode engaged, I didn't even get a chirp from the tires. See screenshots below:

First run in the SVR

I actually bought mine used with ~2,800 miles on it. It was the GM's company car for a dealer out in Illinois (I'm in CA). So I bought it based on pictures alone and had it shipped out here. Couldn't find Black with Black leather interior locally at the time and so I looked elsewhere. Original MSRP was just north of 103k, with all the options. It was listed at 95. I ended up getting it for 100k Out the Door Shipped. I was able to negotiate down to ~90k, When you throw on CA taxes and registration, adds about 10%. and then shipping was around $1,600. So all in all I feel like I did okay. The car market seems to be getting cheaper as the days go on, so you may be able to get better than that.

I'm embarrassed to say, I haven't really taken many photos of it at all. It's been raining out here in CA for nearly 2 weeks with no end in sight on the forecast. I'm hoping to get it properly detailed before getting some good pictures of it. But here are some when they were loading it on the truck, and a poor one I snapped when it arrived haha. Will definitely post some when I get it shined up.

I think I answered everything, haha. Definitely let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi, I have the same SVR like you, black santorini with red interiors, and I really enjoing it

But there is 2 problems:

my SVR has not the small spoiler in the back. Reseller said tha it was an optional ...??

The second problem is that I can't perform a dynamic launch at all, and I tried several times without results.

Can you do it with your SVR?

Old 06-05-2023, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by spegor
Hi, I have the same SVR like you, black santorini with red interiors, and I really enjoing it

But there is 2 problems:

my SVR has not the small spoiler in the back. Reseller said tha it was an optional ...??

The second problem is that I can't perform a dynamic launch at all, and I tried several times without results.

Can you do it with your SVR?
as far is I know the spoiler was standard on the SVR. I just looked at my spec sheet and it’s not listed as an option. Which means it should be standard. You may need to contact the dealer about that.

mine does dynamic launch no problem. You need to make sure you are:

1. Dynamic mode

2. Traction control disabled, mine seems to work with or without it on. But I usually disable it for good measure.

3. MUST be in Sport shift in automatic only. (Manual mode with the paddles will not work for dynamic launch)

4. One foot FIRMLY on the brake, you really gotta hold that brake down hard or it will lurch.

5. Your other foot full throttle (car will only let the RPMs climb to ~2k. Once it’s sitting at 2k rpm for a second or two, just completely let off the brake with the other foot and off you go.

6. you should see “dynamic launch activated” on the speedo while you are accelerating (not the HUD).

Hope this helps!

Old 06-07-2023, 04:51 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by danlillibridge
as far is I know the spoiler was standard on the SVR. I just looked at my spec sheet and it’s not listed as an option. Which means it should be standard. You may need to contact the dealer about that.

mine does dynamic launch no problem. You need to make sure you are:

1. Dynamic mode

2. Traction control disabled, mine seems to work with or without it on. But I usually disable it for good measure.

3. MUST be in Sport shift in automatic only. (Manual mode with the paddles will not work for dynamic launch)

4. One foot FIRMLY on the brake, you really gotta hold that brake down hard or it will lurch.

5. Your other foot full throttle (car will only let the RPMs climb to ~2k. Once it’s sitting at 2k rpm for a second or two, just completely let off the brake with the other foot and off you go.

6. you should see “dynamic launch activated” on the speedo while you are accelerating (not the HUD).

Hope this helps!
Ok Thanks, I will try with more strenght

I sent you a PM