F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

How long do repairs typically take

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2023, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry How long do repairs typically take

I took my 2022 F-pace into the shop two weeks ago. The problems were that the screen for the moon roof was defective and the car would not accept any audio commands. I believe the fixed the sunscreen quickly. But after two weeks I still don't have my vehicle back and they still don't know what is wrong. I've only owned the vehicle for a few months, but I have owned lots of cars and none of them have been in the shop like this one has. Is this car an anomaly or do I need to get used to not having a car one month out of the year? I am so bummed.

Phil

Old 10-05-2023, 07:01 PM
Banned
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I was just watching a Pine Hollow Diagnostics video and from what I gather service quality varies a lot from dealer to dealer. I fast forwarded to the part that'd interest you:

Old 10-05-2023, 08:06 PM
Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

It all depends on the Dealer. There are some Dealers that can't get things right. Did you get a loaner car? Are there anymore JLR Dealers in your area? If there is/are? Change Dealer, perhaps the other ones can do a much better job.

Last edited by 2018XF25T; 10-05-2023 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-05-2023, 10:08 PM

Okay, that's scary

Old 10-05-2023, 10:09 PM

No loaner, they left me twisting in the wind. I do have an option (thought its about 150 miles away) of getting to another dealer. That may be the way to go. Thanks.

Old 10-06-2023, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by pmricci
No loaner, they left me twisting in the wind. I do have an option (thought its about 150 miles away) of getting to another dealer. That may be the way to go. Thanks.
What kind of a Dealer is that? No loaner and you should because your Jag is still under warranty.
Here in Houston alone, there are 4 JLR Delaers , 6 actually but the other 2 are more than 60 miles away. The nearest 2 JLRs are 30 minutes and 45 minutes away from my house. My favorite JLR which is the nearest,1) call for an appointment, 2) once I get there, they'll do it right away and 3) I get the car the same day.

My 2018 4 cylinder XF seldom had problem during it's warranty period. After the warranty expired and onwards, it never had a problem and very dependable. Not bragging, though, I do all the routine maintenance myself..

One thing I like to point out, the newer Jags don't like a weak battery. It will give you all sort of indications that will drive you crazy. One reason is, with all these masive technology inside these cars there are electronics all are hungry of power coming from the battery. If not used for 2 weeks or driven only for less than 4 miles a day connect to a battery maintainer. A lot of forum members here recommend C-Tec. I have a Deltran Battery Tender Jr which works just fine.

If the car does "click and no start" even though the battery is more than 12.6v, buy a new one. My XF uses size H7 AGM battery, and I believe yours too. Don't go to Walmart and buy their H7 AGM. Your worst nightmare is when the battery goes bad during the warranty period and if it's out of stock, it's really out of stock "for months" (none in their distrubution center) you'll never going to get a replacement battery . I got mine at NTB (Interstate Battery) a little more $$$ than Walmart's but always in stock. Autozone, O'Reilly's, NAPA and other parts stores carries H7 AGM batteries as well

Good luck

Last edited by 2018XF25T; 10-06-2023 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-06-2023, 04:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2018XF25T
Here in Houston alone, there are 4 JLR Delaers.
Which one do you recommend/use? I bought my SVR at Jaguar West in Katy after the Clear Lake guys tried to sell me a demo with 1800 miles on it as new, for full MSRP. I'm thinking of using the one in North Houston on I-45 for service though as it's the closest to me here in New Caney. But I'm willing to drive to #4 if it's better. TIA!

Old 10-06-2023, 08:04 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by Crito
Which one do you recommend/use? I bought my SVR at Jaguar West in Katy after the Clear Lake guys tried to sell me a demo with 1800 miles on it as new, for full MSRP. I'm thinking of using the one in North Houston on I-45 for service though as it's the closest to me here in New Caney. But I'm willing to drive to #4 if it's better. TIA!
First try the one nearest to you since you're paying nothing for the service and parts. If you are not satisfied with them, go to another JLR.
Good Luck

During the warranty I always go to:
Land Rover Houston Central (overlooking Aston Martin Dealership on the other side of the road)
7025 Old Katy Rd. Houston, Tx 77024 ·
(855) 983-9801

If you don't want the Dealership when the warranty expires, go to:
Champions Jaguar Service (Indy Shop)
11926 Cutten Rd. Houston, Tcx 77076
(281) 586-7700

Last edited by 2018XF25T; 10-06-2023 at 08:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
RA102823 (10-06-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,120 Likes on 703 Posts

How many actual Jaguar dealers are left in Houston? I'm in Fort Worth and my two closest dealers closed earlier this year. Not going to pursue selling the new, astonomically-priced electric Jaguars. My local dealer told me the LR side of the house will still do Jaguar warranty repairs but they're too swamped to service out of warranty Jaguars and are referring most to a local indy who was already swamped. He's really good, just overloaded. Takes a long time just to get an appointment. Wondering if Houston is experiencing the same with dealers closing.

Old 10-06-2023, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by pdupler
How many actual Jaguar dealers are left in Houston? I'm in Fort Worth and my two closest dealers closed earlier this year. Not going to pursue selling the new, astonomically-priced electric Jaguars. My local dealer told me the LR side of the house will still do Jaguar warranty repairs but they're too swamped to service out of warranty Jaguars and are referring most to a local indy who was already swamped. He's really good, just overloaded. Takes a long time just to get an appointment. Wondering if Houston is experiencing the same with dealers closing.
Glad you pointed that out. Last that I've known there were 6, 2 years ago, I googled now there are 5 of them. Hmmm, I wondered what happened to the other 1. LR/RR loosing their sales I believe due to their expensive newer models, top of the line ($100K+). But, the used car market for LL/RR and Jaguar (F-Pace, the only model putting Jaguar in business) are doing well in Houston. Brand new sales not-so. A lot here wants the RR and LR Defender but "most" can only afford used car prices. I can call Houston the SUV capital of Texas (too many SUVs of different brands on the road). I don't know about Dallas/FW, though.

Last edited by 2018XF25T; 10-06-2023 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-06-2023, 01:25 PM
Veteran Member

Might want to actually visit each and confirm if there is a physical presence. Google still pulls up a website for Autobahn Jaguar, but they are not really there. The building was vacated on April 1st. Clicking further into their website, they have zero new Jaguars in inventory (they haven't in over a year), just takes you to a contact page. The used car inventory button takes you to their Land Rover dealer's inventory page across the street and there are no used Jaguars in stock there either. I haven't been to Park Place dealership, but my indy told me he went by a few weeks ago and they'd taken down the Jaguar leaper from the building.

Last edited by pdupler; 10-06-2023 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-06-2023, 02:54 PM

Correct. I've nver been to any JLR dealerships since the warranty service of 2021 and that is in JLR Houston Central since I've been doing the routine maintnenance myself. Whenver I go to Katy Mills, I've passed by, JLR Katy Freeway, and yes, I've seen a lot of new F-Paces and LR/RR parked in front of the Dealer. Still some more at the back parking lot.
The one I have is an XF with a 2.0T Ingenium which is quite impressive. Trouble free, but still on my routine maintenance watch. My only concern are the electronics, such as the fancy air ventillation auto open/close and the Up&Down rotary gear shifter knob which are bound to be inoperable in the future. I'm not a fan using all the electronics cababilities built in to this car, could be the reason why I'm not getting any problems yet on this car.

Last edited by 2018XF25T; 10-06-2023 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-06-2023, 03:25 PM
Banned

I guess I'll drive by North Houston Jaguar this weekend and have a look. I want to order some accessories anyways like the extra rubber mat for the rear seat backs and maybe the roof rails and cargo box. I also found a minor defect in some of the weatherstripping around one of the rear windows that should probably be addressed but doesn't look like it'll leak so no biggie. In fact, other that the guys out west totally swirl marking up my $8450 paint and scratching up all the black trim pieces too, that's the only issue I have with the vehicle.

I'm also going to be looking into maybe getting the software I need myself, https://techroute66.com/ currently has this deal:

Quite frankly, the less other people touch my car the better.

Old 10-06-2023, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,426 Likes on 1,906 Posts

I purchased my 2014 XJR used from Park Place in the DFW area. That was 6+ years ago. I recently got an E-Mail from them informing me they were no longer a Jaguar dealer.

Old 10-06-2023, 04:53 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Crito
Quite frankly, the less other people touch my car the better.
I'm with you there absolutely. Older Jaguars in particular should only be driven by do-it-yourselfers, and only be DIY'ers who have more than one vehicle (or more than two Jaguars). I try to fix everything that I can myself but when I needed a big job done fast I was relying on my indy. Now with scheduling appointments two months out, I've been driving the "rescue Honda" a lot more than I'd like this past year and or trying to ignore dash lights for seemingly eons (I know the tire pressure is fine, but it still gnaws at me). I'd thought about getting the software and cable for the old X250 so that I could just keep resetting it myself until I can get them changed out but I'm getting to the age that I find it harder and harder to learn new technologies. I figure ifI brick it, then I'm toast. If they brick it, then I'm just mad.

The following users liked this post:
RA102823 (10-06-2023)
Old 10-07-2023, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by pdupler
I'm with you there absolutely. Older Jaguars in particular should only be driven by do-it-yourselfers, and only be DIY'ers who have more than one vehicle (or more than two Jaguars). I try to fix everything that I can myself but when I needed a big job done fast I was relying on my indy. Now with scheduling appointments two months out, I've been driving the "rescue Honda" a lot more than I'd like this past year and or trying to ignore dash lights for seemingly eons (I know the tire pressure is fine, but it still gnaws at me). I'd thought about getting the software and cable for the old X250 so that I could just keep resetting it myself until I can get them changed out but I'm getting to the age that I find it harder and harder to learn new technologies. I figure ifI brick it, then I'm toast. If they brick it, then I'm just mad.
I'm with the 2 of you. When it's time for annual vehicle inspection for a new inspection sticker, I'm on a watchful eye (like a hawk eyeing on a prey) of what the inspector is doing. Not only on the Jag but to my other vehicles and also to wifey's XC90 as well

Last edited by 2018XF25T; 10-07-2023 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-31-2023, 09:03 AM

As far as repair time, I can not really provide much; however, I wanted to share…
I also owned a ‘22 fPace SVR and ten thousand percent believe it was a lemon or at minimum the victim of haphazard manufacturing. As luck would have it I was TBoned a couple weeks ago and knew the repair would be headache inducing and so we went and purchased a ‘24 fPace SVR while the other is sitting in the collision center. These. Two. Vehicles. Are. Like. Night. And. Day. (My guess is if we dug around a little, the 2022 fPace SVRs have a multitude of issues.) My back hatch was visibly off center, leaning down on the left side. They couldnt tell me why. I purchased this brand new and didnt realize until we were home that the back hatch scrapes the bottom closure. Visible, deep scratches with every open and close. My PARK button sticks. The car started putting itself in PARK at red lights and there was nothing I could do to get it out of PARK, twice. I had issue with dome lights not turning off. The brakes squeaked INCESSANTLY. I was told these are performance brakes and they squeak. My 650i doesn’t squeak. My ‘24 doesnt squeak. So that was some horse manure. I would receive random error messages on my panel. The car engaged in autobraking twice that nearly crushed me between vehicles. The car made so so so many creaking noises. It sounded like cards in bike spokes every drive. It went in the shop for repairs once (from a cement block falling off a hauler on the interstate) and while I dont recall the total repair time, I do remember it seemed to take forever. Manufacturing delays. Painting delays. Shipping delays. Labor delays.

These are fun cars, but not when repairs are needed.

I love my ‘24. Going from beamers to a JAG I expected far more luxury. I finally got what I expected, when I purchased the 2024. Cheers!

Old 10-31-2023, 09:07 AM
Default Of Note

We were informed by a JAG sales rep that another woman was in an accident -over a year ago- and her vehicle is still in the shop. Probably not what you wanted to read, but foreign cars will absolutely teach us a thing or two about virtuous patience.

Old 11-07-2023, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 500 Likes on 298 Posts

This discussion is depressing, to say the least!! Seems like we'll all be owning/driving "orphans", and/or "garage art" in the not so distant future......