F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

I'm considering the purchase of a used Jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2023, 12:23 PM
Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Default I'm considering the purchase of a used Jaguar

Before you get upset and tell me that I'm in the wrong forum, my wife and I have had an F-PACE and XF (X260) with the same features as the 2018 E-PACE I'm thinking of purchasing. Sadly, the E-PACE forum is fairly dormant. Ergo, the reason why I'm also asking the question on this forum. The gas/petrol E-PACE P300 has 75,000 miles on the odometer. However, there are a few issues that I hope have simple fixes:

First - The backup camera displays a single center line as opposed to two lines representing the side of the vehicle;

Second - The lower set of LED lights don't illuminate when "high beam" is selected; and,

Third - Upon shutting down the engine it goes, "thunk" but not consistently.

I assume that the back-up camera and high beam issues can be resolved by refreshing the software.

Old 12-16-2023, 09:06 AM
Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Ichi Ban
Before you get upset and tell me that I'm in the wrong forum, my wife and I have had an F-PACE and XF (X260) with the same features as the 2018 E-PACE I'm thinking of purchasing. Sadly, the E-PACE forum is fairly dormant. Ergo, the reason why I'm also asking the question on this forum. The gas/petrol E-PACE P300 has 75,000 miles on the odometer. However, there are a few issues that I hope have simple fixes:

First - The backup camera displays a single center line as opposed to two lines representing the side of the vehicle;

Second - The lower set of LED lights don't illuminate when "high beam" is selected; and,

Third - Upon shutting down the engine it goes, "thunk" but not consistently.

I assume that the back-up camera and high beam issues can be resolved by refreshing the software.

FYI, all is well. My wife and I bought the used 2018 E-PACE P300. I took it to my favorite Jag dealer (now just "Land Rover Alexandria", VA) before we made the purchase who inspected the vehicle. Within 15 minutes the service advisor and technician allayed all my concerns. Only two of the upper LEDs are supposed to illuminate when on low beam. The third upper LED only illuminates when highbeam is selected. The lower series of LEDs are nothing more than for the turn signals. Completely different than our F-Types and F-PACE SVR where the DRL changes to yellow when the turn signal is activated. And in spite of there only being three LEDs in each headlamp, they provide lots of light...moreso than the headlamps on our 2023 F-PACE SVR (which provides less illumination than our previous F-PACE S). The issue with there being only a single middle line for the back-up camera required no more than deactivating the tow feature in the infotainment screen. Now there are the usual left and right guidelines. The single line is there to help with lining up on the tongue of a trailer. I feel foolish for over reacting but all ended well. The "thunk" noise hasn't reappeared now that the vehicle is driven. It drives, handles and rides just like when it was brand new! The E-PACE isn't the biggest, fastest, best handling or most fuel efficient compact SUV but it certainly provides all the room, practicality, fantastic ride, and beauty of a Jag. Plus, I can say that from previous experience, it copes with reasonably deep snow and torrential downpours remarkably well.