F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

iPhone12/InControl Connect Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 08:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone12/InControl Connect Issues

Hello all:
I just purchased a 2021 F Pace and and love it. I also recently purchased an iPhone 12 pro max phone and am having an issue with a network connection to use InControl for remote start, map download, etc. The app says that the phone cannot connect to the Jag to check my sigh-in credentials. Does anyone have any experience with this problem and solution? Thank you in advance.

Old 04-24-2021, 02:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I got mine last week and exactly same problems. It’s not phone related and there’s a thread on the XF forum which shows its widespread. Mine has the March update and was registered by the dealer so remote works. However I can’t get apps to work and the dealer just told me Route won’t work because it’s not NGI. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT EVEN MEANS!
At least I can use CarPlay but it’s still wired which is a nuisance .I hope they generate wireless CarPlay like all the other brands.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasz1156
I got mine last week and exactly same problems. It’s not phone related and there’s a thread on the XF forum which shows its widespread. Mine has the March update and was registered by the dealer so remote works. However I can’t get apps to work and the dealer just told me Route won’t work because it’s not NGI. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT EVEN MEANS!
At least I can use CarPlay but it’s still wired which is a nuisance .I hope they generate wireless CarPlay like all the other brands.
Thanks for your update. I have one of my own: I stopped by the dealer and he walked me through setting up the account. I needed to read all the notices before hitting the "accept" button, which i did not do earlier, and the app started working. Also, I was told that there is a delay between when you set up the app and when you can actually use it. It took about an hour before I was able to lock, remote start, unlock, etc the vehicle as well as locate it. I have not tried to send a map from my iPhone to the F Pace, but to me that is a small issue if it does not work. The app does now keep track of my mileage, fuel capacity, etc. Hope this helps.