F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

New F-Pace . When

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2023, 08:34 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New F-Pace . When

On the 12 Feb 2022 we ordered a brand new Jaguar F Pace R Dynamic SE D300 AWD Auto in Atacama Orange. My wife fell in love with it after going for a test drive.
Was initially to be delivered in August, then October. Next it was November/December, next it was January/ February. No wait March
The latest is NO production slot & NO ETA. The dealer can't tell us any more, so we contacted Jaguar Australia. Their reply was that they have nothing to do with orders and all the dealers are independent & go back to them.
I understand that all the semi-conductors are being used on the more profitable lines , the Range Rovers. This is of no help to us.
We are quite happy to wait but for how long. Especially as there is no certainty that the diesel will even be built when the time comes. Not interested in the petrol version.
Have reached out Jaguar head office in the UK last week. But yet to receive a reply.
The wife is starting to get a bit sick of waiting, 14 months now and probably at least another 6 months. If at all.
The F-Pace is our first choice. But .........
How have everyone else been getting on ????

Cheers Gary

Old 04-12-2023, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 444 Likes on 390 Posts

This may be specific to Australia? I am taking to dealer in USA about a custom order F Pace and they are quoting 3-4 months. Was a lot longer last year.

The following users liked this post:
33CHINACARS (04-12-2023)
Old 04-12-2023, 09:50 PM

Possibly . But no consolation for us. 14 months & no build date

Old 04-18-2023, 08:25 AM

So visited the dealer today . Not very promising news. New order number
Can no longer get the Atacama Orange colour we ordered. You can have white. Hate white
Can no longer get the 16 way seats
Different Rims to what we ordered
Can no longer get light ceiling material
Plus a lot of other minor things deleted.
May get a build date sometime in October. So delivery would be lucky to be before Christmas. So a nearly 2 year wait. That is if there are no more hold ups. It is to be a 2024 model. But then it may never be built at all. And certainly not the car we originally ordered.
After a long chat with SWMBO think we might jump ship and buy from another manufacturer . Sad to say.
Contacted JLR Australia. Sad go back to dealer they have nothing to with orders. WTF. All the dealers are independent. Not good enough
Contacted JLR Head Office in England . Twice . NO ANSWER

Old 04-18-2023, 09:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 500 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by 33CHINACARS
So visited the dealer today . Not very promising news. New order number
Can no longer get the Atacama Orange colour we ordered. You can have white. Hate white
Can no longer get the 16 way seats
Different Rims to what we ordered
Can no longer get light ceiling material
Plus a lot of other minor things deleted.
May get a build date sometime in October. So delivery would be lucky to be before Christmas. So a nearly 2 year wait. That is if there are no more hold ups. It is to be a 2024 model. But then it may never be built at all. And certainly not the car we originally ordered.
After a long chat with SWMBO think we might jump ship and buy from another manufacturer . Sad to say.
Contacted JLR Australia. Sad go back to dealer they have nothing to with orders. WTF. All the dealers are independent. Not good enough
Contacted JLR Head Office in England . Twice . NO ANSWER
After all that, I would certainly be frustrated to no end!!

Old 04-18-2023, 09:37 AM

BMW X5 here we come I think

Old 04-19-2023, 03:05 AM
GGG
Received 16,864 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by 33CHINACARS
So visited the dealer today . Not very promising news. New order number ....... After a long chat with SWMBO think we might jump ship and buy from another manufacturer . Sad to say.
....... Contacted JLR Head Office in England . Twice . NO ANSWER
As Jaguar is being 'reimagined' as an all-electric, luxury brand by 2025, the company has lost all interest in the current models. Dealers who hope to survive this transition are being forced into massive changes and investment which is naturally determining their priorities. Supporting the dwindling number of customers for existing petrol and diesel models is inevitably low on this list.

In your situation, I'd be equally annoyed and frustrated by the ordering fiasco but the deal breaker for me would definitely be concern about how and where the vehicle will be maintained and repaired. The supplying dealer will be reorganised to sell and support electric vehicles - any customer with a petrol or diesel model is likely to be discouraged with slow service and high prices. As for warranty, it's already enough of a battle. Once the model is discontinued any guarantees could be useless.

Graham

33CHINACARS (04-19-2023)
Old 04-19-2023, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by GGG

In your situation, I'd be equally annoyed and frustrated by the ordering fiasco but the deal breaker for me would definitely be concern about how and where the vehicle will be maintained and repaired. The supplying dealer will be reorganised to sell and support electric vehicles - any customer with a petrol or diesel model is likely to be discouraged with slow service and high prices. As for warranty, it's already enough of a battle. Once the model is discontinued any guarantees could be useless.

Graham
This is exactly what we are worried about. Not necessarily that the dealer has lost interest but Jaguar it self. Not Good enough Jaguar. Not even replying to my Emails.

SWMBO has now driven a BMW X5 and liked it . Maybe not as much as the F-Pace. But it will be a good replacement. Planning to go for a big drive on Friday to look at more options of different Specked X5's . Who knows what will happen . But me thinks the F-Pace is now off the table

GGG (04-19-2023)
Old 04-20-2023, 04:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 444 Likes on 390 Posts

Only thing I'd add for ongoing service. Same engines and many parts as the Land Rover / Range Rover models and Jag dealers are typically also LR dealers. So even if the jag side of the shop focuses on electric jag sales, the service part will be servicing LR and Jag ICE vehicles for many years to come

sov211 (04-20-2023)
Old 04-22-2023, 07:10 AM

Well after lots & lots of toing and froing we have decided to jump ship and bought a BMW X5. With no certainty that our Jag would ever be delivered and if it ever was it wouldn't be the F-Pace that we had originally ordered.
Not an easy decision to make as we were really looking forward to taking delivery of our new Jag. But another 8 + months wait and no guarantee of ever getting our car

GGG (04-22-2023)