F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Which options to pick?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 10:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Which options to pick?!

I'm hoping to buy an F-Pace in the Spring - UK market - and have started giving some thought to the options list! I'd like to ask for thoughts, please: which options you think are essential, which you think were a waste of time/money. You know the kind thing! So hit reply and add your words of wisdom to this thread.

Old 11-27-2018, 11:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 895 Posts

Hi, no-one else is biting so I'll have a crack based on our ownership of an XE and F Type.

I'd go for the upgraded media but traditionally there have been compatability and functionality issues especially with iPhones, I could get more out of my icontrol or whatever it is called with a Samsung than my wife could out of the same system with an iPhone, especially with the text functions. Check that out before you choose.

Depending on the car you are ordering (we always like the R Sport) you get different grades of leather. Windsor is nicer than Taurus. I would also opt for the extended leather package, interior and exterior black pack if an R Sport, and the HUD which is nowhere near as annoying as you think it will be, and actually becomes pretty useful. For wheels I'd spec the cheapest I could then repace them with some aftermarket forged wheels. Jag wheels are tremendously heavy and you can get some pretty reasonably priced flow forged wheels that are bigger but ride better with decent tyres.

Sunroof or Pano roof is nice but not essential. I like the pano in the F Type, my missus doesnt use the sunroof in the XE and it looks pretty silly opened.

Have fun!

Old 11-30-2018, 06:30 AM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by andyXJR
I'm hoping to buy an F-Pace in the Spring - UK market - and have started giving some thought to the options list! I'd like to ask for thoughts, please: which options you think are essential, which you think were a waste of time/money. You know the kind thing! So hit reply and add your words of wisdom to this thread.
Seeing that you are in the UK, I would advise to get the heated package - windshield, seats.....
I enjoy the tech and safety packages as they provide very useful options when driving. Some people hate the large wheels but I really like how they look. You will most likely need the all season tires if you are in cold weather settings.

Cheers

Old 03-16-2019, 10:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by andyXJR
In addition to the aforementioned recommendations and depending on the model you're looking at, I can give you a sample of what I like since I have the 'S' with all the bells and whistles. I, too, have the larger wheels (22s') and when chassis and psi are set to proper specifications, they look and ride (yes, that's right) fantastic. However, if I didn't have the full camera package I would not recommend them. The side cameras allow me to curb park carefully and safely without dinging the sidewalls and/or rims. Without the cameras its very easy to mar them and that can be an expensive proposition. I use the cameras daily and have never had a rim ding problem. Also, if you are in a wintry climate mix, I'd get a good set of winter tires. I live on the U.S. east coast and all seasons just don't cut it.

Old 04-21-2019, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on where you are, heated seats/windshield, and steering wheels are a must. LED lights is a nice plus.