F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Rear brake light replace

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2022, 02:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear brake light replace

Hello,

My car(F-Pace 2016) has the rear brake light out. In the JAG service tells me that I have to change the complete light housing because this light has not bulb, are Leds.

is this real true?

Somebody has or know how it can be replaced if possible?

Thanks

Old 11-04-2022, 04:44 AM
GGG
Received 16,868 Likes on 12,186 Posts

The Workshop Manual states "The rear lamp assemblies require removal for bulb replacement" which shows the bulbs can be replaced. However the Owner's Handbook cautions regarding all exterior lights other than headlamps "All other lights are either LED or xenon units, and should only be replaced or serviced by qualified personnel". JLR make it more difficult and obscure by not listing replacement rear lamp bulbs in JEPC (the Parts Catalogue).

A search turned up plenty of rear lamp assemblies listed for sale but I couldn't find anyone listing replacement bulbs. Interested to hear if any member has made progress sourcing these ......

Graham

Old 11-05-2022, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by GGG
The Workshop Manual states "The rear lamp assemblies require removal for bulb replacement" which shows the bulbs can be replaced. However the Owner's Handbook cautions regarding all exterior lights other than headlamps "All other lights are either LED or xenon units, and should only be replaced or serviced by qualified personnel". JLR make it more difficult and obscure by not listing replacement rear lamp bulbs in JEPC (the Parts Catalogue).

A search turned up plenty of rear lamp assemblies listed for sale but I couldn't find anyone listing replacement bulbs. Interested to hear if any member has made progress sourcing these ......

Graham

Hi Graham,

Nothing to do. Only replacement is the solution.

BR

Old 07-25-2023, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by GGG

Graham
Hi Graham,

unfortunately here only replacement can help.

By the way I faced with another issue, my F-Pace from US market, and my rear lights are shining with red color instead of yellow color which is used in Europe. So, I've bought the european version of rear lights and the issue that once I install them to the car, these rear lights are working incorrectly, and as I understood I need to program them that these light working correctly, but I don't know how to do this, and what program needs to be used, maybe some one knows this?

The following users liked this post:
GGG (07-25-2023)
Old 07-25-2023, 09:16 AM
GGG
Received 16,868 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Maksym
..... unfortunately here only replacement can help. ..... these rear lights are working incorrectly, and as I understood I need to program them that these light working correctly, but I don't know how to do this, and what program needs to be used, maybe some one knows this?
Ouch! That's a seriously expensive fix.

For many years the Jaguar factory/dealer diagnostics application was SDD (Symptom Driven Diagnostics) which also includes programming functions. Many of us have "cracked" versions of this which run offline independent of Jaguar servers. Unfortunately the F-Pace (and other 2016 onwards models) use the next generation diagnostics, JLR Pathfinder which requires a permanent connection to JLR servers.

SDD doesn't even detect connection to my F-Pace. Tools such as iCarsoft can read/clear codes and do limited programming but I think you'll need Pathfinder to progress the lights issue.

Graham