F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Took the SVR out to the track

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2023, 04:32 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Took the SVR out to the track

I originally posted this on Facebook, but figured I'd post it here too. I took the SVR out to the track for the first time at Buttonwillow Raceway. Lots of fun. Car ran like a champ with VAP Stage 3 and the KW lowering springs. The Water/Meth injection also did it's job and kept the temps well under control.

My F-Pace rarely gets any attention (if any) at car meets, but at the track I had multiple people stopping by to look at it. I got a lot of compliments on the sound from bystanders and other racers, and some surprised people to see an SUV performing well out there...jury's still out on whether or not I performed well, but the car is certainly up to the task!

Couple of Vids:
https://imgur.com/a/VQmWdPZ

https://imgur.com/a/2dE6Sg1

The following 2 users liked this post by danlillibridge:
bobjagbob (11-18-2023), Lizard (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 09:25 AM
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice. That blower whine is wicked!

The following users liked this post:
danlillibridge (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by gearFX
Nice. That blower whine is wicked!
Thanks! Definitely had a lot of people comment on the sound of that supercharger screaming when I went down the straights!

Old 11-18-2023, 07:50 PM

Nice!

How do you get that supercharger whine? I have never heard my '21 do that.

Any mods?

Thanks!

Old 11-20-2023, 04:57 PM

Thanks! Current Mods:

Velocity AP Stage 3 (dual pulley / tune)
50/50 Water Meth injection, progressive spray starting at 4,500 rpm
Mina Gallery intake cones (this gives the supercharger whine)
K.W. HAS lowering springs. lowered 30mm all around
Eibach 20mm Wheel spacers on all 4 corners.

bobjagbob (11-27-2023)
Old 11-27-2023, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 498 Likes on 297 Posts

Love the look, with the lowering springs. Did their installation give you any issues with proper wheel alignment?

Old 12-12-2023, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Love the look, with the lowering springs. Did their installation give you any issues with proper wheel alignment?
No issues at all, I just took it to a local shop and they had it done in 30 minutes. Pretty much just set the toe and let it go as they say haha.

Old 12-15-2023, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by danlillibridge
No issues at all, I just took it to a local shop and they had it done in 30 minutes. Pretty much just set the toe and let it go as they say haha.
So, in other words, they ignored that camber "goes negative", possibly out of spec, when you lower a car?

And yes, I'm reasonably certain that the rear camber in an F-Pace is not adjustable........

Old 12-15-2023, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
So, in other words, they ignored that camber "goes negative", possibly out of spec, when you lower a car?

And yes, I'm reasonably certain that the rear camber in an F-Pace is not adjustable........
I don't believe the camber is adjustable even on the fronts (could be wrong though). I'm perfectly fine with a little negative camber. Helps with the cornering around the track.

But yes, lowering it the amount I did does bring it barely out of spec by .1 degrees. See my alignment sheet below.

bobjagbob (12-15-2023)
Old 02-03-2024, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meth System you say?

...The Water/Meth injection also did it's job and kept the temps well under control....
I have a meth system on my twin turbo Yukon and would love to install one on my SVR but not certain how to install on a roots style supercharged application...Would you mind sharing details? Where you installed nozzles, what controller you are using and how you tuned it? Good to see her getting some attention she deserves!

Old 02-06-2024, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member

I don't believe the camber is adjustable even on the fronts (could be wrong though). I'm perfectly fine with a little negative camber. Helps with the cornering around the track.

But yes, lowering it the amount I did does bring it barely out of spec by .1 degrees. See my alignment sheet below.

Thanks for posting the sheet In all honesty, I'm quite surprised that the camber didn't change. Usually, or should I say on many cars, as you lower the car, the camber goes negative...

Old 02-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,366 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Lynmup do some more research?
You have a TVS blower NOT a roots like the old M112.

Search for therock88 thread. He has a great install thread with pictures on how he added meth injection to his F-Type with the 5.0L SC engine. It's very well done and worth taking a look!

Old 02-06-2024, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Lynmup do some more research?
You have a TVS blower NOT a roots like the old M112.

Search for therock88 thread. He has a great install thread with pictures on how he added meth injection to his F-Type with the 5.0L SC engine. It's very well done and worth taking a look!
The TVS is a roots style blower, just more efficient than the older style you mentioned. Maybe you are thinking of the twin screw such as the Whipple. We definately have a roots blower... Also was asking danlillibridge as he has a F Pace where as therock88 has an F Type so the configuration of the tank and such may be a bit different so thought he could provide his feedback.

I found that thread and its the one with the two nozzles in the center of the lid. VelocityAP informed me that that would not perform well as it would turn into droplets when it hits the inner cooler blocks and suggested a direct port setup. Not wanting to get all fancy on this one as I have another vehicle for stupid performance that would walk circles around this one but I know for a fact the Meth does a great job at keeping the intake manifold temps from climbing while in full boost like my other ride. While getting the trans rebuilt for the 2nd time, decided to buy this 'lil gem of a vehicle to keep me occupied and happy. Also, having a spare vehicle that is reliable and fun to drive is a big plus!

I'll just copy the thread you had mentioned but was mostly wondering what controller and how you tuned it for the extra fueling provided by the alcohol. My other vehicle is simple as I can use HP tuners to manage the ECU but unable to do anything but rely on VelocityAP for tuning on the SVR. Appreciate the reply!

Last edited by Lynmup; 02-06-2024 at 01:11 PM.