F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

VelocityAP FPace SVR Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 04:18 PM
Sponsor
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts
Default VelocityAP FPace SVR Exhaust

A little media for you to brighten your day! We finished up development on our exhaust, to add to our 200 cell downpipes. One of the most critical things with the FPace SVR exhaust is getting really high quality and correct orientation & indexed valves. If you don't have them right, the valves won't work properly and will stick.

Can't wait do do this to our own SVR!!!

https://www.velocityap.com/product/j...t-5-0-sc-2019/

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

The following 2 users liked this post by Stuart@VelocityAP:
gearFX (05-07-2024), TC1668 (05-10-2024)
Old 05-01-2024, 05:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Stuart love it! I have watched the video but it is hard to gauge sound loudness.

Compared to the before exhaust how does the VAP part sound when the valves are closed? Louder, right? In open mode I don't care, I am not in a residential area/my neighborhood...

A couple of other questions:
1) Black tips only, no silver/chromed?
2) Are they ceramic coated?
3) They looked smaller in diameter than the stock, am I imaging that?
4) All the emissions/cats are still stock? I get that you could upgrade to the VAP design cats but those were not on this vehicle?

Thanks,
BB

Old 05-01-2024, 05:08 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by bobjagbob
Stuart love it! I have watched the video but it is hard to gauge sound loudness.

Compared to the before exhaust how does the VAP part sound when the valves are closed? Louder, right? In open mode I don't care, I am not in a residential area/my neighborhood...

4) All the emissions/cats are still stock? I get that you could upgrade to the VAP design cats but those were not on this vehicle?

Thanks,
BB
1. The tips are Carbon Fiber with satin clear coat. It could be possible to work with some other styles, but this is what we selected initially.
2. No they are not ceramic coated.
3. They are the same diameter as stock.
4. The video shows complete header back exhaust - it has our 200 cell catted downpipes, and our axle back exhaust.

www.velocityap.com

Old 05-02-2024, 08:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This exhaust should drone a lot, especially with 200 cell cats

Old 05-02-2024, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dzionassi
This exhaust should drone a lot, especially with 200 cell cats
Hi there! I’m the owner of the SVR in the video. Can 100% confirm almost no drone. Drove over 1,900 miles with this exhaust on the highway in the first time driving it after the exhaust was done. With the valves closed you hear nothing. The cabin ambiance is pretty much like it was previously. It’s most silent 78mph to 90mph cruising speed. Obviously you get some on very steep grades but the old exhaust was the same. I’m extremely pleased with the set up. It’s absolutely ear shattering when you want and a luxury cruiser when you don’t want the noise. Stuart and his team killed it. I’m an extreme perfectionist and this checks all my boxes.

The following users liked this post:
bobjagbob (05-03-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 10:16 PM

Thanks,
BB
Hi there!

I’m the owner of the SVR featured. I have been living with the exhaust for over a month and it’s honestly SO good. It’s insanely loud. I get stopped all the time. It sounds extremely exotic. Close the valves and you have your luxury cruiser for highway driving. No drone. I drove over 1,900 miles immediately after collecting my SVR and I cannot tell everyone enough how brilliant it is. I’m an extreme perfectionist and this was EXACTLY what I wanted. Zero regrets or things I would change.

bobjagbob (05-03-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 10:17 PM

so around 60mph-70mph should be the spot where the drone is most pronounced. What diameter exhaust piping is it, 2.5?

Old 05-02-2024, 10:42 PM

so around 60mph-70mph should be the spot where the drone is most pronounced. What diameter exhaust piping is it, 2.5?
At 60-70 there is still almost nothing with the valves closed. You have to be accelerating in that range to hear anything. They did a really good job with the J tubes to eliminate the drone. You’ll have to ask Stuart for dimensions. I believe the tips are the same as oem but the rest of the exhaust is slightly larger diameter.

Old 05-03-2024, 09:34 AM
Sponsor

Tubing is twin 2.5", through the 'Open' side, the internal configuration of our muffler has a much smaller diameter for the 'closed' side, which is just a little over 1.5" through the muffler.

www.velocityap.com

wheeladeal (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by wheeladeal
Hi there!

I’m the owner of the SVR featured. I have been living with the exhaust for over a month and it’s honestly SO good. It’s insanely loud. I get stopped all the time. It sounds extremely exotic. Close the valves and you have your luxury cruiser for highway driving. No drone. I drove over 1,900 miles immediately after collecting my SVR and I cannot tell everyone enough how brilliant it is. I’m an extreme perfectionist and this was EXACTLY what I wanted. Zero regrets or things I would change.
Thank you Wheeladeal! "It’s insanely loud. I get stopped all the time." Umm, stopped by who? The PoPo or admirers?

Do you happen to have one or both pulleys upgraded by VAP, and/or a VAP tune?

It's really great to hear from the owner of the actual SVR, thanks again. If you are also a test case for the suspension or other VAP mods please keep us informed.

wheeladeal (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 07:58 PM

Thank you Wheeladeal! "It’s insanely loud. I get stopped all the time." Umm, stopped by who? The PoPo or admirers?

Do you happen to have one or both pulleys upgraded by VAP, and/or a VAP tune?

It's really great to hear from the owner of the actual SVR, thanks again. If you are also a test case for the suspension or other VAP mods please keep us informed.

I’ve only been pulled over once and it was in the way back home from VelocityAP. The cop was a fan. Ahem. We were speeding… by accident, but the cop was really cool and just wanted to chat. It was nearly midnight and how often do you see an SVR in the middle of nowhere Montana? He saw our Illinois plates and wanted to tell us he spent time near Chicago. My other stops are admirers. Just tonight a guy in a minivan had his phone up filming and waving at me.

Both pulleys and tune were done whilst VAP had my SVR for research. Lots of incredible things in store. I’m happy to share what isn’t sworn to secrecy. I’m just a suburban mom that is obsessed with Jaguars and the SVR was my dream to own since they launched. We’ve personally owned 11 Jaguars so there is definitely a huge love of these vehicles to begin with.

Old 05-03-2024, 09:46 PM

Oh, so you are the same person who had Fpace in the shop a couple weeks ago. I had an issue with the tune and as far as I know your car did too. So basically your car helped to solve tune issues. Thank you for that.

wheeladeal (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 10:56 PM

Oh, so you are the same person who had Fpace in the shop a couple weeks ago. I had an issue with the tune and as far as I know your car did too. So basically your car helped to solve tune issues. Thank you for that.
Mine just needed a minor tweak. Chris had it sorted insanely fast. Not sure how mine was helpful, but glad it was 🙂

Old 05-05-2024, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by wheeladeal
I’ve only been pulled over once and it was in the way back home from VelocityAP. The cop was a fan. Ahem. We were speeding… by accident, but the cop was really cool and just wanted to chat. It was nearly midnight and how often do you see an SVR in the middle of nowhere Montana? He saw our Illinois plates and wanted to tell us he spent time near Chicago. My other stops are admirers. Just tonight a guy in a minivan had his phone up filming and waving at me.

Both pulleys and tune were done whilst VAP had my SVR for research. Lots of incredible things in store. I’m happy to share what isn’t sworn to secrecy. I’m just a suburban mom that is obsessed with Jaguars and the SVR was my dream to own since they launched. We’ve personally owned 11 Jaguars so there is definitely a huge love of these vehicles to begin with.
Wheeladeal, love it! "I'm just a suburban mom that is obsessed with Jaguars and the SVR" . Suburban mom of the year award to you. Looking forward to more news when VAP let's you out from under the embargo.I am sad about the end of Jaguar as we know and love it, EV's do NOTHING for me. I can see that you will be more sad about that too.