F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

XKR and Now F-PACE Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 09:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 674 Likes on 335 Posts
Default XKR and Now F-PACE Owner

I guess I am going to be hanging out in the F-PACE sub-forum as well... Bought the wife a new to us 2017 F-Pace S... Color is Glacier White Metallic, Jet/Oyster Stitch... Had some curb rash on the 22's, that is getting repaired today along with all new tires, should be ready for pickup tomorrow... You guys have any words of wisdom for me, since I really know very little about the F-PACE?

Last edited by TexasTraveler; 08-03-2020 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:13 AM
Received 274 Likes on 191 Posts

Nice! There's not much action in here though. We had a '17 S as our first, and never had an issue with it. Really fun to drive in dynamic and sport, and was quite comfortable on longer road trips. Don't know what you're interests are with it, but I'll give you the rundown on what we did and experienced. Jaguar OEM mudflaps look nice and help with wheel dirt being flung on the sides. Had ours installed by the dealer because a hole has to be drilled and I didn't want to mess it up. The knockoffs have mixed reviews and looked cheaply made. Cross bars are also nice if you want to put a pod on top. It works well for longer trips. Ours came with a factory hitch. Add-on afterward from Jag is ridiculously priced. eTrailer offers some nice options from Curtis or Hidden and they're about 25% of the OEM cost. Have to pull the rear bumper cover to install, but it just bolts on. We only ever used our hitch for a Yakima bike rack. Worked a charm. The kick-gesture tailgate was nice when you're hands are full. We also had the Jag Activity bracelet installed. Good for when you're out biking or swimming so you don't have to take your key. Just tap the bracelet against the J and you're in. The facebook pages have more action with some gripes and complaints, but honestly we never had any issues. Most are about the infotainment, but I'm not that concerned with it. If not already done, there is an update from the dealer to allow CarPlay. Should be like 20b or 20c I think. You can get a SIM for live traffic and some other misc. on the infotainment. You don't need it for the Jaguar Remote to work. If you have Alexa, there's a skill to have her start your car, check fuel, service, etc.

The following 2 users liked this post by JacksonvilleJag:
gearFX (10-22-2020), TexasTraveler (08-04-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 08:52 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah it looks like I won't be spending much time in this sub-forum, posted the same post in the X150 sub-forum and got 4 times the responses already... Too bad!!

Thank you for you response...

The following users liked this post:
JacksonvilleJag (08-04-2020)
Old 08-08-2020, 06:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 501 Likes on 299 Posts

OP, welcome to the F-Pace club! We've had ours for 6 months, and really do like it. It handles quite well for a CUV, and the brakes are outstanding. The only thing I don't care for is the ride height....it sits too high. In fact, I need to use a step ladder when I'm washing it, in order to be able to reach the roof.

TexasTraveler (08-12-2020)
Old 08-10-2020, 10:05 AM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default This might help

Originally Posted by TexasTraveler
I guess I am going to be hanging out in the F-PACE sub-forum as well... Bought the wife a new to us 2017 F-Pace S... Color is Glacier White Metallic, Jet/Oyster Stitch... Had some curb rash on the 22's, that is getting repaired today along with all new tires, should be ready for pickup tomorrow... You guys have any words of wisdom for me, since I really know very little about the F-PACE?
go to Facebook and get on this group www.facebook.com/groups/fpace they will answer all your questions

DP

The following 2 users liked this post by DPinTX:
JacksonvilleJag (08-11-2020), TexasTraveler (08-12-2020)
Old 08-12-2020, 01:13 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DPinTX
go to Facebook and get on this group www.facebook.com/groups/fpace they will answer all your questions

DP
I don't do facebook, but thank you...

Old 08-16-2020, 05:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts

Neither do I . We seem to be a rare breed. In the Netherlands I get no response on forums for the F-Pace / F-Type.
There is a lively FB page for the F-Type for Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg. I asked my wife to keep track of that.

With snailmail, email, WhatsApp, and online websites I feel I maxed my 'cover' of the media spectrum..

But in general the forums that are active are mostly F-Type.

In the UK, traditionally a petrolhead country, also the F-Pace forum is semi-dead.

I see in this thread we are almost all 'mulitple jaggg' owners.. It might interest you to see my last project.. This is a steel welded/bolted frame then I added the bricks and woodtrim to get a rustic look matching the house.
The steel I need in case any of the 10 trees around decides to fall on the carport... The tree surgeon assures me they are all healthy, but with a storm one never knows. And it keeps the bird-droppings off them..

Last edited by Dan_NL; 08-16-2020 at 05:12 AM. Reason: added on text
The following 4 users liked this post by Dan_NL:
JacksonvilleJag (08-17-2020), kippy (11-19-2021), KrazyIvanUSA (05-16-2021), TexasTraveler (10-16-2020)
Old 08-16-2020, 12:36 PM
Veteran Member

Me neither.

Old 08-17-2020, 04:13 PM

Dan,

I really like that carport. Also, you don't see very many rain chains anymore either. At least not over here. Nice touch.

Old 08-18-2020, 07:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,456 Likes on 1,952 Posts

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
OP, welcome to the F-Pace club! We've had ours for 6 months, and really do like it. It handles quite well for a CUV, and the brakes are outstanding. The only thing I don't care for is the ride height....it sits too high. In fact, I need to use a step ladder when I'm washing it, in order to be able to reach the roof.
Being rather short in the leg, I needed a step ladder just to get in when the local Jaguar dealer gave me one for a courtesy car in 2018 ! I was told a running board was available as an extra, but the price was eye-watering. Anyway, in Jan 2019, I bought a very nice XE from this dealer. All well so far.

TexasTraveler (10-16-2020)
Old 10-16-2020, 01:46 PM
Veteran Member

Well, I figured I would make an update to my newly acquired F-Pace... After a couple of months of ownership and the wife putting approximately 1200 miles on it, bringing the total miles to just over 36k miles... She got into the vehicle one day a couple of weeks ago to a ticking/pinging sound as she described it, about a block from the house the vehicle starts to lunge and sputter, so thankfully she was smart enough to turn around and get the vehicle back to the house with really no acceleration. We call Dealer and they bring tow truck and pick up vehicle and get her into a loaner. Now mind you I am talking to a service advisor and getting all information 3rd and 4th hand, but after a series of test that Jaguar asked the tech to perform, they have decided on a complete engine replacement. I am still in shock and do not know what to think about the situation. It's great that it's all under warranty and will be repaired, but will it ever be the same, I guess time will tell. Also, when I go to trade-in or resell tit will be with a vehicle that has had an engine replacement. Crazy thing is, this all happened without any warnings popping up on dash or any codes thrown to the vehicle and no over-heating. All I have really been able to get from service advisor is that some pin on the heads or a pin that holds the heads broke off and caused havoc, of course this is all speculation because they have not yet completely torn down the engine... I guess I have the worst luck in the world, you just can't make the stuff up...

Old 10-16-2020, 03:06 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
Dan, I really like that carport. Also, you don't see very many rain chains anymore either. At least not over here. Nice touch.
Thanks ! I didn't get a message there was a reply, so I just recovered your post.

I search the web for details and then try to throw in the goodies as much as possible. It resulted in building it "off" the proper orientation to double as a solar roof,
which I now regret as the tailgate hits the low beam in this position... ... now they park with the rear facing the other way..

JacksonvilleJag (10-17-2020)
Old 10-16-2020, 06:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I figured I would make an update to my newly acquired F-Pace... After a couple of months of ownership and the wife putting approximately 1200 miles on it, bringing the total miles to just over 36k miles... She got into the vehicle one day a couple of weeks ago to a ticking/pinging sound as she described it, about a block from the house the vehicle starts to lunge and sputter, so thankfully she was smart enough to turn around and get the vehicle back to the house with really no acceleration. We call Dealer and they bring tow truck and pick up vehicle and get her into a loaner. Now mind you I am talking to a service advisor and getting all information 3rd and 4th hand, but after a series of test that Jaguar asked the tech to perform, they have decided on a complete engine replacement. I am still in shock and do not know what to think about the situation. It's great that it's all under warranty and will be repaired, but will it ever be the same, I guess time will tell. Also, when I go to trade-in or resell tit will be with a vehicle that has had an engine replacement. Crazy thing is, this all happened without any warnings popping up on dash or any codes thrown to the vehicle and no over-heating. All I have really been able to get from service advisor is that some pin on the heads or a pin that holds the heads broke off and caused havoc, of course this is all speculation because they have not yet completely torn down the engine... I guess I have the worst luck in the world, you just can't make the stuff up...
IMO, when you it back from the dealer, trade it in.

Old 10-17-2020, 02:22 AM
Veteran Member

... Crazy thing is, this all happened without any warnings popping up on dash or any codes thrown to the vehicle and no over-heating. All I have really been able to get from service advisor is that some pin on the heads or a pin that holds the heads broke off and caused havoc, of course this is all speculation because they have not yet completely torn down the engine... I guess I have the worst luck in the world, you just can't make the stuff up...
Sounds quite shocking. What type of engine is this about ?

Old 10-17-2020, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Dan_NL
Thanks ! I didn't get a message there was a reply, so I just recovered your post.

I search the web for details and then try to throw in the goodies as much as possible. It resulted in building it "off" the proper orientation to double as a solar roof,
which I now regret as the tailgate hits the low beam in this position... ... now they park with the rear facing the other way..
Dan, I assume you know you can adjust the height that the tailgate opens?

Old 10-17-2020, 05:28 AM
Veteran Member

Yes, I do. But thanks for mentioning it anyway ! Other end of the problem : I am 2m tall and at a lower setting I bang my head...

JacksonvilleJag (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 06:12 AM

Understood sir, understood.

Old 10-18-2020, 02:54 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Dan_NL
Sounds quite shocking. What type of engine is this about ?
Yes, please tell us!!

I had no idea....thanks for posting that.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member

I tried to send a personal message to "JacksonvilleJag" , but he did not open that option up.. ... I traced his other posts and found the reply :

It’s an S model that has the SC V6...
So : stay away from the V6 petrol...

On second thought : this is the most common engine in the F-Type forum [ I also have a P300 F-Type], and I never heard of this before..

Last edited by Dan_NL; 10-18-2020 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:40 AM

The V6 petrol has been pretty solid for most from what I've read. We had a '17 F Pace S and never a single issue.

Quick Reply: XKR and Now F-PACE Owner