F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stealth Mode Activated - V8 S Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Received 102 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Stealth Mode Activated - V8 S Mods

After one year with this black beauty I did got here in the shop and did some mods. Thought I'd share with you guys. Let me know what you think!:

1. Dropped 1.5 inches on H&R springs and spacers added.
2. New Michelin Pilot Super Sports
3. All Badges stripped and painted black gloss.

To come:

- Black/Yellow 19060's California Vanity plate ordered
- Exhaust to be black carbon fibre wrapped
- New front grille is being custom built, a la 'F-Type 7' style
- Engine tune and pulley swap to 620hp

NB. Detailing & Machine Polish done by the excellent Doctor Detail:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/doctor-detai...g-san-rafael-4

In Point Reyes last weekend:

Last edited by alexg; 02-17-2015 at 02:06 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by alexg:
jleuz1 (02-17-2015), shift (02-17-2015), swajames (02-17-2015)
Old 02-16-2015, 04:01 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks awesome Alex! Well done.

Curious what if any impression of the new tires so far?

Cheers,
kjamo

Old 02-16-2015, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Kjamo
Looks awesome Alex! Well done.

Curious what if any impression of the new tires so far?

Cheers,
kjamo
I love them. Traction is far far superior with these wheels and the lowering. The car feels much more balanced now and reminds me of how the V6 felt when I test drove it and fell in love with the road feel of that car. Much more 50/50 balance at the driving position whereas the stock V8 felt very 60/40. Cornering at speed feels much better now!

The following users liked this post:
Kjamo (02-16-2015)
Old 02-16-2015, 04:25 PM
Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

Looks good. Did you stay with the same tire width in the rear? If you don't mind me asking, what company are you going with for the tune & pulley?

Mulmur (02-16-2015)
Old 02-16-2015, 06:19 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Kinda wondering myself why you didn't just leave all the badges off.
They are nearly invisible as it is now, so what is the point...

I would like to know who is fabing your new custom grille for you; How you intend to handle the parking sensors after removing the center-bumper; and approximately what this portion of your mods cost?

Old 02-16-2015, 06:47 PM
Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks great! I was curious how does the front grill badge come off and if you leave it off, is there mounting points or surfaces left behind?

Old 02-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks great! Really interested to hear who you used for your ECU tune + pulley. I'm trying to pick the best company for my V8S.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:20 AM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

LOL!

The car looks like it's smiling in the first few pics and it probably is after being waxed.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Looks great. There's a cars and coffee at treasure island early March, hope to see your car in person. I'm leaning towards the HR over velocity at this point after seeing these pics. Keep us posted on the custom grill. That's something I really want!

alexg (02-17-2015)
Old 02-17-2015, 10:57 AM
Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts
Thumbs up

That looks great !!! Details on the mods please.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Looks good. Do the H&R springs lower the car by using a section that is coil-bound at normal ride height, or by using a physically shorter spring? Either way, how different is the ride?

I wonder if Black Diamond do discs for an F-type? As the name suggests, they're black. You could then look at getting a set of black calipers, and have the rear lights wrapped in one of the darker window tints for the full 'run silent, run deep' look.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by F-typical
Looks good. Do the H&R springs lower the car by using a section that is coil-bound at normal ride height, or by using a physically shorter spring
The H&R coils are not OEM springs that are either bent are cut shorter. They are wound shorter with a larger diameter spring stock (and resulting stiffer spring rate) to ensure the same compression force when compressed 1.3 (or 1.2 for the base and S models) inches less at full compression. This will result in a stffer ride, but will ensure that the suspension does not bottom out any sooner than with stock springs.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by shift
Looks great. There's a cars and coffee at treasure island early March, hope to see your car in person. I'm leaning towards the HR over velocity at this point after seeing these pics. Keep us posted on the custom grill. That's something I really want!
BMCD in SF did the mods for me. I went with them since my car was in there under warranty for its first annual service and they offered to do the mods at a competitive price.
I dealt with Jourdan Sourano, head of the service depertment there and she is very good, young and enthusiastic. Cost of lowering, springs, spacers, suspension calibration, new tires and badge painting was just under $3k and took about 8 days since they had to order parts in.

I'm talking to Walter Dawydiak at | San Francisco Corte Madera Pre Owned Porsche | New Spyker Cars | Service & Collision Care. I want the grille like the F-Type 7. They say they can do it and place the parking sensors correctly/neatly. Cost will be around $2k. I'm not going to to do it until later in the year however. I'm also thinking about a custom, tasteful sporty wrap. Just bought a house and have no time now!

Regarding the mods. I like the red calipers. No desire for black calipers/black lights - (I don't like them usually, seen them on a lot of Ferraris) and I won't tint windows since I drive quite a bit at night in the Batmobile

Also the badges can be seen, I just don't have a great camera. They are really nice in person and subtle, how I like it.

Regarding the tune, I've not decided who to go with or whether I'm going to do it until my warranty expires. Might wait to see more results from tuners out there and what the F-Type SVR brings to the table.

Last edited by alexg; 02-17-2015 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:19 PM
Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

I'd like to go all the way and get the Project 7 front. Not just eliminate that cross bar, I'd also like the large air intakes in the front.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:58 PM
Received 135 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike
Kinda wondering myself why you didn't just leave all the badges off.
They are nearly invisible as it is now, so what is the point...

I would like to know who is fabing your new custom grille for you; How you intend to handle the parking sensors after removing the center-bumper; and approximately what this portion of your mods cost?
I'd be interested in the custom grille also.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:10 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by jleuz1

I'd be interested in the custom grille also.

Originally Posted by alexg
I'm talking to Walter Dawydiak at | San Francisco Corte Madera Pre Owned Porsche | New Spyker Cars | Service & Collision Care. I want the grille like the F-Type 7. They say they can do it and place the parking sensors correctly/neatly. Cost will be around $2k. I'm not going to to do it until later in the year however.

Maybe Alexg can coordinate a group buy on this feature and save everyone a little time and some coin as well.

The following 2 users liked this post by IronMike:
jleuz1 (02-26-2015), WayneB (02-19-2015)
Old 02-17-2015, 09:25 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe Alexg can coordinate a group buy on this feature and save everyone a little time and some coin as well.
Count me in on that as well

Old 02-19-2015, 12:29 AM

Feel free to call them if you are interested now but I'm not going to have this work done until the end of the year when I have time. If you guys are still keen then I'll make a post when Im going to do it and we can see if we can do a group order

WayneB (02-19-2015)
Old 02-19-2015, 08:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by alexg
Feel free to call them if you are interested now but I'm not going to have this work done until the end of the year when I have time. If you guys are still keen then I'll make a post when Im going to do it and we can see if we can do a group order
No problem for me. JLR probably won't be shipping my car until late summer anyway.

Old 02-23-2015, 10:41 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I would also like to know about the custom grille once you have more information...might be in on the group buy.

How is the ride quality with the h&r springs? I am waiting on a set and I don't imagine the ride can be much worse.

Where did you pick up the spacers?

Cheers

Quick Reply: Stealth Mode Activated - V8 S Mods