F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$2,200 @ The Dealer = 600hp w/Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 06:39 AM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo

The later 8-speed Bosch-PCM cars seem to make a bit more power stock than the earlier 6-speed Denso-PCM ones... speaking about the 5.0L only here...
Perhaps that's because the ZF trans can handle more torque.

Old 01-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Well, because the torque is being limited at lower rpm to a set figure (it's too flat-topped to be otherwise) on all engine maps, but some of them are less restrictive at higher rpm giving rise to higher horsepower figures.

Noting how the figures quoted for the engine in the XK climbed with each new version, later versions of the V6 are likely to be quoted as over 400hp - while still producing a 340lbft peak torque figure...

Old 01-06-2017, 03:28 PM
Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Update

So, I picked up my car today and spoke to the Matt the Parts Manager (I thought it was the Service Manager) and the first thing he did was correct himself on what he told me yesterday about the upgrade not voiding the warranty - getting the upgrade DOES void the warranty. He said he found out this morning from a higher up that it would be voided after upgrading but was misinformed up until that point. Also, it is VelocityAP's pulley & tune.

He also asked me to correct the post on the forum. It sounds like he is getting a little heat from management over this and I don't want it to affect his job so any admins - maybe we can delete the whole thread after a couple of days so everyone can see the update?

Now, I wish I had went ahead and did it yesterday and might have had a good case for maintaining the warranty after the upgrade since that's what I was told.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:48 PM
Received 400 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by dragonfire6
So, I picked up my car today and spoke to the Matt the Parts Manager (I thought it was the Service Manager) and the first thing he did was correct himself on what he told me yesterday about the upgrade not voiding the warranty - getting the upgrade DOES void the warranty. He said he found out this morning from a higher up that it would be voided after upgrading but was misinformed up until that point. Also, it is VelocityAP's pulley & tune.

He also asked me to correct the post on the forum. It sounds like he is getting a little heat from management over this and I don't want it to affect his job so any admins - maybe we can delete the whole thread after a couple of days so everyone can see the update?

Now, I wish I had went ahead and did it yesterday and might have had a good case for maintaining the warranty after the upgrade since that's what I was told.
You'd be surprised how often JLRNA corporate looks through these forums. My guess is that someone saw that you mentioned your dealer's information and reached out to thats dealers' management. I'd probably edit your original post and remove the dealer's information.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:51 PM
Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ...

I made a small edit yesterday and don't have the option to edit the original post so hopefully an admin can remove the "warranty" from the title at least?

Old 01-06-2017, 04:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
You'd be surprised how often JLRNA corporate looks through these forums. My guess is that someone saw that you mentioned your dealer's information and reached out to thats dealers' management. I'd probably edit your original post and remove the dealer's information.
Difficult to imagine given the degree of angst expressed about a variety of "features" and the lack of documented resolution...

The following users liked this post:
jaguny (01-06-2017)
Old 09-07-2020, 07:47 PM
Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Funny to read posts in the jaguar forum “will this void my warranty” mentioned in every thread vs. Mustang and Chev forums where most posts are “this mod is amazing” “twin turbo kit” “supercharged it!” LOL

Old 09-07-2020, 08:29 PM
Received 224 Likes on 166 Posts

Also funny to read that JLR monitors this forum - I literally made at least 20 calls to them (after 8 attempts just to speak to someone regarding being charged for “free” maintenance) - I even had a post about it and still won’t even answer the phone let alone call me back or actually correct the situation. I spoke to my dealer who claimed JLR never contacted him and he offered to resolve it immediately. Good service on his part and I can’t prove JLR contacted him or not, but he has done something to establish credibility and JLR is bear on a tricycle short of a circus. They are an embarrassment - and I hope they read this and send me a PM to discuss - would be nice to actually get a response.

I actually called them often enough that they are actually a “contact” in my phone.

Old 09-08-2020, 09:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by gg2684
I hope they read this and send me a PM to discuss - would be nice to actually get a response.
Don't hold your breath... My situation was much worse, and I had the same experience. Jaguar N.A. has the most pathetic customer service and I've voiced that opinion dozens of times; never heard from them. I even contacted a member of the UK support team who frequented this forum and even he couldn't do anything. My advice for everyone is to buy used and not risk dealing with them.

Old 09-08-2020, 10:56 AM
Received 224 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
Don't hold your breath... My situation was much worse, and I had the same experience. Jaguar N.A. has the most pathetic customer service and I've voiced that opinion dozens of times; never heard from them. I even contacted a member of the UK support team who frequented this forum and even he couldn't do anything. My advice for everyone is to buy used and not risk dealing with them.
I did buy used, but that was more a function of my local dealer being terrible (numerous very bad experiences). That said, we are considering an F-Pace in the spring (my significant other wants the SUV to match my car), but I am trying to get her to look elsewhere. I love my f-type and maybe ill get buried in it or maybe I'll trade it in a year, but I have strong reservations about patronizing a dealer I don't care for or a manufacturer that doesn't understand customer service and fails to demonstrate even a minimal level of courtesy towards their customers. And just because I bought used doesn't mean both organizations don't get my money; the car still needs serviced and I bought all my other parts and accessories etc from their network of dealers online.

Last edited by gg2684; 09-08-2020 at 10:58 AM.