F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Fuel Filler Neck FIX** out now!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Weirdly enough, after more fill-ups in 16 months than I can even estimate at all kinds of stations in at least 6 states east of the Mississippi with not a single pump cut-off, I had a problem at my last fill-up at the Shell station I use 90% of the time. The tank was nearly empty, and it cut off at at least 10-12 times before full. Hopefully, it was just a malfunctioning pump. Otherwise, I'm wondering if the nozzles have a very short lifespan before they start acting up.

However, as we say in the science world, further research is necessary . . .

Old 10-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Weirdly enough, after more fill-ups in 16 months than I can even estimate at all kinds of stations in at least 6 states east of the Mississippi with not a single pump cut-off, I had a problem at my last fill-up at the Shell station I use 90% of the time. The tank was nearly empty, and it cut off at at least 10-12 times before full. Hopefully, it was just a malfunctioning pump. Otherwise, I'm wondering if the nozzles have a very short lifespan before they start acting up.

However, as we say in the science world, further research is necessary . . .
Many years ago my first "real job" was manager of a high volume gas station / truck stop. The abuse that the nozzles take is amazing, and they need to be FREQUENTLY changed. Very easy job though and to this day I can't stand to see a gas station with bagged "out of order" nozzles. Always keep plenty of spares on hand, and frequently the old one are rebuilt and reused again and again.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by TXJagR
Many years ago my first "real job" was manager of a high volume gas station / truck stop. The abuse that the nozzles take is amazing, and they need to be FREQUENTLY changed. Very easy job though and to this day I can't stand to see a gas station with bagged "out of order" nozzles. Always keep plenty of spares on hand, and frequently the old one are rebuilt and reused again and again.
Coincidentally enough, this particular Shell station has 20 pumps, and usually at least 4 of them are bagged almost every time I'm there. Sometimes, it's double that number.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:37 AM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

What about the fuel filler lock?

Old 10-09-2015, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckingham
What about the fuel filler lock?
If somebody can confirm that the U.S. models still have a functional harness connector for the locking solenoid, the appropriate filler bowl can be sourced from Land Rover Parts and Jaguar Spares | Britcar UK Ltd

Old 10-11-2015, 09:27 PM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

I had the new fuel filler pipe installed on my car yesterday. It took just under two hours to complete the job while I waited. Niello Jaguar Sacramento provided another outstanding service experience.

I filled up today at a local gas station that has given me the most fueling difficulty in the past. No issue this time and the nozzle did not click off once until it was full. It appears this problem is solved.

Thank you Jaguar for listening and addressing this issue!

The following users liked this post:
buickfunnycar.com (10-12-2015)
Old 10-11-2015, 09:49 PM

Next time someone has this done can you ask the service person about the filler door lock harness. Thanks.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

At the shop now, dropped it off at 7:30...being as nice as possible and trying to play their game.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:02 PM
Veteran Member

Went and got the car after 9 hours and no communication and was told exactly what I figured...parts needed to be ordered and would arrive probably around 10am tomorrow.

They tried to get me to take the shuttle home and leave the car with them overnight but I insisted on taking it home...tomorrow I return at 8am for what I'm guessing is another all day ordeal...I believe it's their first fuel neck replacement.

At that time of day, I fight serious traffic both ways...but in order to get this fixed by a dealer I did not purchase the car from...you do what you have to do.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:57 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Went and got the car after 9 hours and no communication and was told exactly what I figured...parts needed to be ordered and would arrive probably around 10am tomorrow.

They tried to get me to take the shuttle home and leave the car with them overnight but I insisted on taking it home...tomorrow I return at 8am for what I'm guessing is another all day ordeal...I believe it's their first fuel neck replacement.

At that time of day, I fight serious traffic both ways...but in order to get this fixed by a dealer I did not purchase the car from...you do what you have to do.
Had a similar experience. Brought the car in but was told that the part needed to be ordered. Wasn't so bothered by this as much as what followed: upon replacing the fuel neck, the SA tells me that the existing fuel CAP no longer fits. The new fuel neck is smaller than the fuel cap. Expected to get the car back tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Lessons learned:
1) Be sure to verify ahead of time that the dealer has the necessary parts to complete service bulletin :/
2) Wait until all the kinks in the process are ironed out prior to bringing the car in.

Good times.

buickfunnycar.com (10-14-2015)
Old 10-14-2015, 08:19 AM

Did they have to remove any body panels or fuel tank to do this job?

Old 10-14-2015, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member

Not certain...don't think so.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:16 AM

The gas cap has been updated to a new design. I have a 2014 model, so this may have already been updated on ‘15s & 16’s, not sure. Shortly after I took delivery, I had a few instances where I got a warning message on the instrument panel basically telling me I didn’t secure the gas cap with enough clicks. My old cap fit fairly loose and required at least 3 turns to make sure it was properly tightened. The new cap fits tighter and requires about a 1/8” turn before it secures with only one click. I can only assume the new design was made to address the problem I described because it works much better.

This is the exact wording used on my service paperwork for what was done to perform the fuel filler pipe update. This service took about 2 hours and I believe I had the first car to receive this update at my dealer.

The following 4 users liked this post by jmfan:
Buckingham (10-14-2015), buickfunnycar.com (10-14-2015), Socal_transplant (10-14-2015), TR64ever (02-04-2016)
Old 10-14-2015, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Socal_transplant
Had a similar experience. Brought the car in but was told that the part needed to be ordered. Wasn't so bothered by this as much as what followed: upon replacing the fuel neck, the SA tells me that the existing fuel CAP no longer fits. The new fuel neck is smaller than the fuel cap. Expected to get the car back tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Lessons learned:
1) Be sure to verify ahead of time that the dealer has the necessary parts to complete service bulletin :/
2) Wait until all the kinks in the process are ironed out prior to bringing the car in.

Good times.
I mentioned the fuel cap to my SA this morning...thanks again.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:33 AM
Received 402 Likes on 212 Posts

No body panels or the fuel tank need to be removed for this job. It calls for the rear muffler to be dropped.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member
Thumbs down Going on 3 full days...

Well this ordeal is turning into the nightmare I figured it would...2nd day car there all day since 7:30, at 4pm I get a call from my SA and they claim the part received is incorrect and that the new part is being overnighted from Atlanta.

The Jaguar rep who has opened a claim on my work order called me today but I missed her call, I left her 2 messages updating the situation.

Both days I've never even been offered a loaner having to rely on their shuttle and grabbing rides back to the dealership from friends...if and when the part arrives, I told them today that I would need a loaner car.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:32 PM

Well this ordeal is turning into the nightmare I figured it would...2nd day car there all day since 7:30, at 4pm I get a call from my SA and they claim the part received is incorrect and that the new part is being overnighted from Atlanta.

The Jaguar rep who has opened a claim on my work order called me today but I missed her call, I left her 2 messages updating the situation.

Both days I've never even been offered a loaner having to rely on their shuttle and grabbing rides back to the dealership from friends...if and when the part arrives, I told them today that I would need a loaner car.
Sorry to hear your saga. It is surprising they did not offer you a loaner. I have been going to a dealer closer to my home that always provides me with a brand new loaner and a fantastic experience, even though they know I did not get my car from them.

I received follow up from a Jaguar rep in the UK and the US after my service last weekend and they could not have been more professional and pleased my problem was fixed. They even went as far as telling me to contact them directly if any future problems arise. I am very impressed and pleased with the level of service I have received from Jaguar!

I hope your experience becomes more positive on what is a relatively minor update for the dealer.

buickfunnycar.com (10-14-2015)
Old 10-14-2015, 08:40 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks Jay...I can't see it getting any worse at this point!

Old 10-14-2015, 08:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

Most but not all dealers only provide loaner cars if you purchase the car there. The dealers are not obligated to supply a loaner. They are a courtesy to be used at the dealers discretion. This is something people don't take into consideration when purchasing a car.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
Most but not all dealers only provide loaner cars if you purchase the car there. The dealers are not obligated to supply a loaner. They are a courtesy to be used at the dealers discretion. This is something people don't take into consideration when purchasing a car...
It was a $6k difference as to why I didn't buy the car locally...I'll be in a loaner on my next visit, rest assured.

Quick Reply: **Fuel Filler Neck FIX** out now!