F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 sensor update at service ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 08:22 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 02 sensor update at service ?

Help ! I have been hearing about an 02 sensor update when our cars are serviced ?I have a 2015 R and if my memory serves me correctly there was an 02 sensor upgrade a year ago or so that I had done ??
My concern is that my car has a tune on it and I'm due for a service and read somewhere on the forum that it would erase the tune ??? Any help is greatly appreciated !!!!

Old 05-15-2017, 08:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by frank james
Help ! I have been hearing about an 02 sensor update when our cars are serviced ?I have a 2015 R and if my memory serves me correctly there was an 02 sensor upgrade a year ago or so that I had done ??
My concern is that my car has a tune on it and I'm due for a service and read somewhere on the forum that it would erase the tune ??? Any help is greatly appreciated !!!!
Suggestion: load the OEM tune on the car before taking it in for service. After service is done, ask the SA if the ECM was updated. If not, put the tune back on. Otherwise upload the updated OEM tune to the handheld device, send the updated OEM tune file to the tuner, and have them overlay their tune on top of the updated OEM file.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:53 PM

Thanks , but my tune is benched tuned ---- also trying to find out if there is a current 02 update ? Read on the forum there is ? ------ thanks for your always good advise !

Old 05-16-2017, 05:26 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks , but my tune is benched tuned ---- also trying to find out if there is a current 02 update ? Read on the forum there is ? ------ thanks for your always good advise !
If yours has been bench tuned, you must prohibit them from updating the ECM if they do have an update. Otherwise you run the high risk of bricking your computer. It's your car, you can prevent the update.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:22 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default O2 sensor update

I have just been speaking with a friend of mine who recently had his F-Type R tuned by a well known and respected company. He had the ECU reprogrammed the upper supercharger pulley replaced and a new air filter fitted.

He is very pleased by the increase in BHP, realistically around 50 - 60 BHP, together with increased Torque.

The downside, he is now experiencing issues with the Engine Management Warning light. To begin with it occasionally flashed on and off but now it is permanently ON.

I guess when you mess with the factory setup problems like this are likely to occur.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:36 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by myer
I have just been speaking with a friend of mine who recently had his F-Type R tuned by a well known and respected company. He had the ECU reprogrammed the upper supercharger pulley replaced and a new air filter fitted.

He is very pleased by the increase in BHP, realistically around 50 - 60 BHP, together with increased Torque.

The downside, he is now experiencing issues with the Engine Management Warning light. To begin with it occasionally flashed on and off but now it is permanently ON.

I guess when you mess with the factory setup problems like this are likely to occur.
A good tuner can resolve that problem for him.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:13 PM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts

You do not need to let them do the update. When that particular update came out, it dramatically toned down the farting on overrun so I refused it. Later JLR came out with a fix for gas problem at which point I allowed it.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:11 PM

Do you know when the update came out ? Because I think I had a 02 sensor update done over a year ago but I'm trying to determine if this is another one ? Thx

Old 05-16-2017, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member

Do you know when the update came out ? Because I think I had a 02 sensor update done over a year ago but I'm trying to determine if this is another one ? Thx
The first update was issued late 2015. A subsequent update was issued to address the loss in crackle. What is the exact date of your o2 update?

Old 05-16-2017, 07:19 PM

Just checked my records and it was December 1 2015 --- invoice says oxygen sensors K 309 ---- this service was done before I had the bench tune ---- thanks again for all the info and help

Old 05-16-2017, 07:20 PM

Did not notice any difference in loss of crackle in exhaust

Old 05-16-2017, 09:24 PM
Veteran Member

Did not notice any difference in loss of crackle in exhaust
I don't think they will offer v2 of the O2 update unless you complain about the lack of crackle, but to make certain, tell them not to do any ECM updates without your prior approval.