F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10/10 delivery experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 08:17 AM
Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts
Default 10/10 delivery experience

This isn't flying...it's falling, with style!

Last edited by Hell Cat; 05-19-2021 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:55 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

From the owner's son:

oh lmao, this is my dads car, no idea how op got the video. (UPDATE: found out it was posted on the companies instagram)

but anyways, this is the first car that my dad had ever had transported in 50 years. was the only convertible manual that we could find in the US at the time, he pretty much bought it right off the spot due to how much of a deal the car was.

fast forward a couple weeks, we were coming back from a trip to florida and just got off the plane when he gets a call that the car was dropped and completely totaled. the driver had no idea how a manual car worked and didn't leave it in gear or have the handbrake on when he attempted to unload them. the car took 2 weeks to be transferred only to be totaled literally on the hill to our house. when we got back, the car looked like it had been completely crushed. the frame was ****ed up, scratches everywhere, exhaust destroyed and a bunch of other issues. he tried driving it for like a mile or 2 and the transmission completely **** the bed. still has the car and insurance is being a bitch about it so its taking a while to get it all settled, still incredibly pissed off about the whole thing since it took months to find the car, but you live and you learn. ill get pictures of the damage from him later.

Old 05-19-2021, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Transporter destroyed another manual F-type. There are so few of them.

Last edited by SinF; 05-19-2021 at 10:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JacksonvilleJag (05-20-2021)
Old 05-19-2021, 05:32 PM
Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

The video is now posted on DriveTribe. I just started another thread about it. I am trying to have one of the admins remove the duplicate thread I just started.

Old 05-20-2021, 09:14 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just came here to post that after seeing a GIF of it earlier this morning. Looks like there are a few more pictures here of the damage.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:59 AM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
Transporter destroyed another manual F-type. There are so few of them.
Sad thing is that driving a manual has truly become a lost art...I have had a AAA tow driver that admitted he could not drive stick when I had to send the X-Type in. I literally had to drive it onto the flatbed (overheating issue, so it would run, but not for the distance needed to drive to the dealership). Then I had the same driver when the F-Type went back for the clutch not long afterwards...

How do you become a tow driver and NOT know how to drive a manual?

Old 05-20-2021, 06:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

Doesn't look totaled but expensive. Who knows what lurks underneath.

Old 05-22-2021, 12:01 PM
Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
From the owner's son:

oh lmao, this is my dads car, no idea how op got the video. (UPDATE: found out it was posted on the companies instagram)

but anyways, this is the first car that my dad had ever had transported in 50 years. was the only convertible manual that we could find in the US at the time, he pretty much bought it right off the spot due to how much of a deal the car was.

fast forward a couple weeks, we were coming back from a trip to florida and just got off the plane when he gets a call that the car was dropped and completely totaled. the driver had no idea how a manual car worked and didn't leave it in gear or have the handbrake on when he attempted to unload them. the car took 2 weeks to be transferred only to be totaled literally on the hill to our house. when we got back, the car looked like it had been completely crushed. the frame was ****ed up, scratches everywhere, exhaust destroyed and a bunch of other issues. he tried driving it for like a mile or 2 and the transmission completely **** the bed. still has the car and insurance is being a bitch about it so its taking a while to get it all settled, still incredibly pissed off about the whole thing since it took months to find the car, but you live and you learn. ill get pictures of the damage from him later.
Wow, never even considered this sort of stupidity. Yet another reason to drive your car home from the dealership, even if it is 1,400 miles away.

Sorry for your loss.

Old 06-17-2021, 11:25 AM
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
From the owner's son:

Very sad and unsetting event. Hope INS is sorted soon.
Does make you more aware of the need to ask basic questions of any future tow guys, etc.
I also know Jaguar even employ car moving guys when you drop off your car for a service who can't drive stick...