Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Mile SVR Road trip

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 06:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts
Default 2000 Mile SVR Road trip

I left last week for a for a trip from Miami to Charlotte to see my mom and real/old friends in Charlotte NC. I but solid 2000 miles on the car between the trip and driving during the week I was there.

I drove all night both times and couldnt be more impressed, this truly is a wonderful GT car.

One this I found interesting is I ran the first stint home in non Dynamic and averaged around 19.5 MPG. On the next stint I wanted to see if there was a difference with the spoiler deployed. I set in in Dynamic but in the menu turned off the Dynamic suspension and engine so the throttle is not has sensitive. I ended up at 20.8 MPG over the same fuel load of full to half.

The weather was similar around 59 degrees fahrenheit and I was maintaining a 70-75MPH on cruise control. The humidity changed but I'll have to look and see how by how much.

There could have been other variables but I replicated it on the final stints but got 20.5MPG closer to Miami.

I also had a clear bra put on the front bumper and hood to protect from rock chips. That was the best decision I made, I counted 5 would have been rock chips. Also on the lat 50 miles home on the turnpike I hit a part of a tire retread. It sounded horrible, when I get home it hot the LF bumper and left some scary marks. I was rub them off with my hand. The piece of mind and lack of damage was well worth it.

I attended the monthly party at Zuffenhaus Eurowerks outside of Charlotte and they were surprised the SVR was a stock F Type and trust me they are talented and picky. That was nice to hear from guys that make parts for Singer.

I'm truly impressed it handled so many different situations as impressively as it did, with acceleration that scared some seasoned car guys. You can keep the Turbo S and its insane 0-60 time as that not what matters when one is touring.

The following users liked this post:
jleuz1 (11-27-2016)
Old 11-27-2016, 11:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Thanks for sharing your experience. For me, with a super car like the SVR I wouldn't care about mileage.

What kind of clear bra? x-Pel? 3M?

Been debating on whether to go for looks/ease of cleaning (ceramics) or a clear wrap for protection.

Old 11-28-2016, 12:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

After my XKR getting hit after 8900 miles and only 3 years I'm driving this one everywhere, and will keep it very well maintained. I'm at 3500 already, and planning more trips.

I already had it coated with ceramic Pro 9h but some of the reads had major construction and the SC?NC roads have become fairly rough. so for peach of mind it is just a basic pre-cut bra and I trusted my detailer to take care of it. He covered it in a layer of Ceramic Pro as well. I drove through the Florida evening with nearly any bug hits.

I'm taking it in for a detail this week so I will ask and feel free to remind me. I'll get his opinion on the brands. I know he did say never get laser cut as it will never fit each car perfectly.

Expel is a better quality then I may just get it done for good, if I didn't put it on my car would be in the paint shop and I'd be in shop. I'll take a few pictures before its cleaned ,but for highway driving no questions unless you don't mind not having original paint.

I'll upload some shots from the Jaguar Journeys app and I was getting over 26MPH! I was averaging 70 on the app but in 8th Gear its asleep and will quickly wake up if needed.