F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014-2017.5 F-TYPE CarPlay Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2024 | 08:11 PM

Pretty sure it is the cable, when I sent them the info they replied they are sending me a new cable.

Old 10-01-2024 | 02:44 PM

Did you ever get a reply regarding the track forward and back, I just completed my install and have the same issue, plus the volume dial does not work.

Old 10-01-2024 | 04:18 PM

No response to my last email yet. Strange that your volume dial doesn't work, mine is fine. I honestly have no idea idea what wire does what but are you sure that all plugs are fully seated? Is your audio set to Aux or bluetooth in the car? If on Aux do you have the little blank Aux jack they included plugged into your aux jack in the arm rest?
I'm guessing the track forward and backward on the steering wheel won't be working for my application, I've just gotten used to using the Apple Carplay home screen that has a small map and track forward backward buttons on it at the same time.

Old 10-01-2024 | 04:43 PM

Okay here is what I have learned, I had not put my ventilation controls back in and that affected the volume control. So everything is working with the following exceptions, steering wheel track forward and backward, and ,and backup camera gives me a black screen. I have been doing some research and with another brands module the track buttons don't work if the car is in the custom setting instead of the factory default setting. Mine is in the custom setting. Don't know if that is the issue but maybe? Of course that means removing everything, reverting to factory setup, making the change and putting it all together again. The reversing camera is a bigger concern. I will say the install was easy once I extended the cable by 18 inches.

Old 10-01-2024 | 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by jjslat
No response to my last email yet. Strange that your volume dial doesn't work, mine is fine. I honestly have no idea idea what wire does what but are you sure that all plugs are fully seated? Is your audio set to Aux or bluetooth in the car? If on Aux do you have the little blank Aux jack they included plugged into your aux jack in the arm rest?
I'm guessing the track forward and backward on the steering wheel won't be working for my application, I've just gotten used to using the Apple Carplay home screen that has a small map and track forward backward buttons on it at the same time.
Also the "new"version does not have the aux blank they say it isn't needed with the new version. I am hoping the "new version" isn't the issue with my tracking or camera.

Old 10-02-2024 | 07:01 AM

After seeing your post I tried removing that aux blank that I had from the first kit they shipped me that didn't work and everything kept operating the same for me with it removed, so audio worked, volume on steering wheel works, track forward/backward on steering wheel does NOT work.
I have not had the issue with my backup camera, there are some advanced settings about the backup camera you can go through, if you're seeing Carplay there is a settings option that isn't Carplay settings, it takes you back to the boxes configuration. That does remind me when I tried to change EQ settings in the box UI settings it broke all audio and I couldn't get it to come back until I reset it by changing some other audio setting.

I wonder if your dip switch settings could have an effect on backup camera, I thought they were mostly for screen resolution but maybe they do something else IDK.

Old 10-03-2024 | 06:55 AM

Updated, I am back and forth with Carlinklife currently, yesterday I disconnected the unit and set my "dynamic" settings back to factory and the track forward and reverse still do not work so that wasn;t the issue. My backup camera works sometimes and I think it is their LVDS cable. I am disappointed the track forward and back are not working. I have a feeling they maybe moved to someone else's box.

Old 10-03-2024 | 10:03 AM

Track forward/reverse will NOT work in Carplay. They will work to change XM and radio stations, as they always have. It's the nature of these retrofits. These boxes don't intercept the CAN bus, so can't redirect button functions. As far as the Jag is concernned, it's just showing the Nav screen when this box is installed. The buttons on the steering wheel will do exactly what they've always done when factory Nav is showing. You'll get volume control, and the ability to change the Jag's OEM audio forward/backward.

The following 2 users liked this post by diablo2112:
Carbuff2 (10-04-2024), Gearhead01 (10-03-2024)
Old 10-10-2024 | 10:23 AM

Just another update. The Carplay portion has been working well but the rear camera works initially but once the unit has been on for a few minutes it goes to a black screen and will not work again until the car has been off for a while. They have shipped a new unit with the longer cable today.

Old 10-14-2024 | 11:31 AM

Dip switches didn't help with the backup camera, they have sent me a new unit. As far as the track forward and back, unless I need the Nav audible instructions, I connect my phone VIA bluetooth and then the track buttons work.

Old 10-14-2024 | 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Cvankeulen
Thanks for letting me know! Let's keep you each other updated! I will pick up my 2015 F-type Coupe this Saturday! Can't wait!

I also just found a video on youtube where somebody bought an USB extension cable towards the centerconsole. This way you do not have any dangling cables in the footwell. Looked really nice. See below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWO6Wpuv_ws
Has your unit arrived yet, if so how did the installation go for you? Hope you have had a chance to enjoy the car.

Old 10-14-2024 | 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tayls77
Has your unit arrived yet, if so how did the installation go for you? Hope you have had a chance to enjoy the car.
Thank you for asking!

the car is amazing, I’m in love with it! Should have bought one earlier!!

Yes the unit arrived the day prior to my honeymoon, so didnt have a chance to install it yet, I will do this when I’m back and will report back!

Old 10-16-2024 | 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Cvankeulen
Thank you for asking!

the car is amazing, I’m in love with it! Should have bought one earlier!!

Yes the unit arrived the day prior to my honeymoon, so didnt have a chance to install it yet, I will do this when I’m back and will report back!
Congrats on the marriage and the car! Enjoy your Honeymoon.