F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Convertible Module

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2023 | 10:56 PM
|
Angry 2014 Convertible Module

Has anyone here changed a convertible module on their F type? My Roof stopped working a month ago, I think I got some water in the left side Module. Have diagnose the system and electrical components to the best of my abilities and even changed the module for a used one which seem to work for a day but went back to not functioning. Anyone has done this here in the forum? Help is much appreciated, thanks.

Old 07-31-2023 | 01:39 PM
|

Any input? Anyone?

Old 07-31-2023 | 03:23 PM
scm
Veteran Member

Sorry, coupe here, can't help.

Old 08-13-2023 | 08:36 PM
|

Officially fixed the car couple weeks ago. If anyone runs into this problem and would like some help reach out. I read on different forums that some dealers won't work on the top and some just want to replace the whole assembly instead of fixing the actual problem $$.

The following 4 users liked this post by Carlospfl:
Cosshog (04-19-2024), djyankees31 (08-14-2023), khoi242 (08-14-2023), RGPV6S (08-14-2023)
Old 08-14-2023 | 07:34 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

Sorry we couldn’t help. Any info you care to share from the repair is appreciated. Mine is 10+ years and going strong, but it’s nice to know the failure modes.

The following 3 users liked this post by DJS:
Carbuff2 (08-14-2023), khoi242 (08-14-2023), RGPV6S (08-14-2023)
Old 08-14-2023 | 10:14 AM

I have a 2014 vert but thankfully haven't had any issues so couldn't offer any insight. If you are willing, maybe provide a few basic bullet points on the process you took to find the solution. Would be very helpful to add to my file in case ever needed. TY

The following 2 users liked this post by TLW-STL:
djyankees31 (08-14-2023), sov211 (08-14-2023)
Old 01-22-2024 | 03:01 PM

What did yo run into?

Old 02-16-2024 | 07:10 AM
Default Same problem

Originally Posted by Carlospfl
Has anyone here changed a convertible module on their F type? My Roof stopped working a month ago, I think I got some water in the left side Module. Have diagnose the system and electrical components to the best of my abilities and even changed the module for a used one which seem to work for a day but went back to not functioning. Anyone has done this here in the forum? Help is much appreciated, thanks.
Last year my roof wouldn't close anymore. Jaguar replaced the rooftop motors and wiring. Costed me € 5000! Last week I had the same problem again, they could not find the reason....
Originally they said water corrosion on the motors by blocked up drainings caused the problem, now they don't know
Any suggestions are welcome!

Old 02-16-2024 | 09:55 AM
|

Guys Private message me if you have any questions. I don't get notifications to forum post somehow.

Old 02-17-2024 | 11:02 AM
Veteran Member

They are saying you will help a lot more people if you post what was done?
No need to keep it secret?

We are Jaguar enthusiasts and love to read how others have fixed their cars!

The following users liked this post:
mattison (02-18-2024)
Old 02-18-2024 | 02:07 PM
|

Well if anyone needs help here. The way I fixed my F TYPE WAS not the conventional way. But I also spent almost close to nothing as opposed to the $20K+ I saw from other posts to replace the whole assembly. Keep in mind dealers don't want to change a part but the whole assembly $$. I had some water damage on my rear left motor. There is no way to change the motor without the top being down. If it's stuck close like mine you have to take the interior and headliner until you reach the motor. But you can't change it from the inside so what I did was cut out a square from the rear tire panel which gave me direct access to the motor and connector. If you have to replace any of the rear motors and your top in down that becomes a pretty straightforward job. Haven't had any issues ever since.

The following 2 users liked this post by Carlospfl:
DJS (02-18-2024), RonnyVB (02-19-2024)
Old 04-03-2024 | 02:12 PM
Default F-Type convertible top does nothing when I want it to go up...

Reaching out to find the solution.. my V8s convertible has been in the shop for 2 weeks while the dealerships been working with Jag tech support in England.. top work great went up and down all day when I got home to raise it nothing happened just curious what your fix was thanks! =Carlospfl;2669654]Officially fixed the car couple weeks ago. If anyone runs into this problem and would like some help reach out. I read on different forums that some dealers won't work on the top and some just want to replace the whole assembly instead of fixing the actual problem $$.[/QUOTE]

Old 04-03-2024 | 05:07 PM

Carlos, no issues here right now. Just installed a new Smartop which makes the top work great! But do tell....how did you fix it?

Old 04-17-2024 | 11:25 AM
Default Hi bro my ftype 2014 roof stuck in closed position for 3 month now i have changed the

Originally Posted by mvining
Carlos, no issues here right now. Just installed a new Smartop which makes the top work great! But do tell....how did you fix it?
Hi bro
my ftype 2014 roof stuck in closed position for 3 month now i have changed the battery & secondary battery also the 2 roof sensor still facing the same issue "Roof not latched max speed 30 mph"i have done all of these changes in Maintenance garage not in the local dealer.

please guide me bro

Old 04-22-2024 | 06:16 AM
Default He

Originally Posted by mohammed m
Hi bro
my ftype 2014 roof stuck in closed position for 3 month now i have changed the battery & secondary battery also the 2 roof sensor still facing the same issue "Roof not latched max speed 30 mph"i have done all of these changes in Maintenance garage not in the local dealer.

please guide me bro
Help please

Old 04-22-2024 | 07:16 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mohammed m
Help please
First thing to try is to release it with the MANUAL tools, found under the passenger side floorboard.

Go to Post 22 in the "How To Guides" PINNED topic at the top of this forum. That is a 2016 manual.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...-101906/page2/

Get it released, then see if the motor mechanism works electrically.

If not, latch it back with the tools, bring in for service.

HTH

++++++++++++

PS: I've found that the rubber gaskets in the top, doors, & boot can get sticky, causing a reluctance to open. Wipe the gaskets with a moistened cloth to clean them, then apply talcum powder to your fingers or a dry cloth and rub THAT onto the rubber.

Old 04-23-2024 | 08:41 AM
|

You can use to mechanism to manually close the top. Once this is done if there is an issue in the system more than likely it will stay in that position. You have to plug an obd 2 scanner and get some codes. Also recommend a scanner that can communicate with modules and check if you have communication with the 2 top rear motor modules.

Old 04-23-2024 | 09:37 AM

You can use to mechanism to manually close the top. Once this is done if there is an issue in the system more than likely it will stay in that position. You have to plug an obd 2 scanner and get some codes. Also recommend a scanner that can communicate with modules and check if you have communication with the 2 top rear motor modules.
thank you all guys for support.

my rooftop stuck in closed position and the manual guid shows the process in open rooftop only !?

Old 04-24-2024 | 09:25 AM
|

To my knowledge the tool is only use to close the top. There is no way to manually lower it if the system is not working. Which is a shame because if a rear motor needs to be change the only way to do it is with the top down.

Old 04-24-2024 | 09:43 AM

Well if anyone needs help here. The way I fixed my F TYPE WAS not the conventional way. But I also spent almost close to nothing as opposed to the $20K+ I saw from other posts to replace the whole assembly. Keep in mind dealers don't want to change a part but the whole assembly $$. I had some water damage on my rear left motor. There is no way to change the motor without the top being down. If it's stuck close like mine you have to take the interior and headliner until you reach the motor. But you can't change it from the inside so what I did was cut out a square from the rear tire panel which gave me direct access to the motor and connector. If you have to replace any of the rear motors and your top in down that becomes a pretty straightforward job. Haven't had any issues ever since.
You faced the same problem and have done above process.

it will be helpful if you attached some pic

Quick Reply: 2014 Convertible Module