F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Passenger Side Fuel Rail Removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2021, 04:44 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 2014 Passenger Side Fuel Rail Removal

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get this fuel rail off? I've encountered two snags so far. One, the end of the rail that fits into the stainless fuel junction towards the front of the car doesn't appear to have any way to disconnect, even after I loosened the little nut that's on it. Two, I can't get the connector off of the other end of the fuel rail where the fuel pressure sensor is.

Any pointers or videos that may help me out here? Getting ready to burn the whole thing to the ground.

Old 07-31-2021, 05:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 368 Likes on 250 Posts

Here is a link that describes the procedure with photos:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...p-step-220006/

The following users liked this post:
NBCat (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021, 05:10 PM
Received 2,628 Likes on 1,811 Posts

To remove the high pressure fuel rail on the RH side of the AJ133/AJ126, you must loosen the three pipe unions and loosen the 8mm nut securing the junction block to the engine. It also helps to remove the Torx screws on the supercharger intercooler as well to allow the high pressure line to Bank2 to move.

The connector for the fuel pressure sensor has a small tab that must be lifted to allow the electrical connector to be removed. Be sure to cover the openings on the fuel rail once removed from the head.

Once you have the three or four bolts removed from the fuel rail mounts, it's helpful to use two shop towels wrapped around the fuel rail to put the fuel rail free of the injector o-rings. DO NOT pry the fuel rail out using leverage against the cam cover! Some or all the injectors may come out of their bores with the fuel rail.

The injectors that remain in the cylinder head require the special slide hammer to remove. You may encounter an injector that refuses to budge, but continue to use the slide hammer to eventually free it from the head. It may take patience and a few dozen hits of the slide hammer to remove it.

Once the injectors are removed, use brass wire brushes to clean and decarbonise the injector bores. DO NOT use any form of lubrication whilst fitting new injectors, or refitting the ones removed. If you're refitting injectors, remember to replace the o-ring and spacer as well as the Teflon seal. Use the special tool to resize the seal before inserting the injector into the bore. It's also best to use new injector retaining clips even when refitting used injectors.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by RGPV6S
Here is a link that describes the procedure with photos:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...p-step-220006/
Thanks man. That thread showed one side, but the other side had me perplexed.

Originally Posted by NBCat
To remove the high pressure fuel rail on the RH side of the AJ133/AJ126, you must loosen the three pipe unions and loosen the 8mm nut securing the junction block to the engine. It also helps to remove the Torx screws on the supercharger intercooler as well to allow the high pressure line to Bank2 to move.

The connector for the fuel pressure sensor has a small tab that must be lifted to allow the electrical connector to be removed. Be sure to cover the openings on the fuel rail once removed from the head.

Once you have the three or four bolts removed from the fuel rail mounts, it's helpful to use two shop towels wrapped around the fuel rail to put the fuel rail free of the injector o-rings. DO NOT pry the fuel rail out using leverage against the cam cover! Some or all the injectors may come out of their bores with the fuel rail.

The injectors that remain in the cylinder head require the special slide hammer to remove. You may encounter an injector that refuses to budge, but continue to use the slide hammer to eventually free it from the head. It may take patience and a few dozen hits of the slide hammer to remove it.

Once the injectors are removed, use brass wire brushes to clean and decarbonise the injector bores. DO NOT use any form of lubrication whilst fitting new injectors, or refitting the ones removed. If you're refitting injectors, remember to replace the o-ring and spacer as well as the Teflon seal. Use the special tool to resize the seal before inserting the injector into the bore. It's also best to use new injector retaining clips even when refitting used injectors.
This was extremely helpful, I was finally able to remove the fuel rail on that side. Shoot me your paypal and I'll send you however much your favorite 6-pack costs.

The following users liked this post:
Spyderturbo007 (08-02-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 06:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 368 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by XxMerlinxX
Thanks man. That thread showed one side, but the other side had me perplexed.

This was extremely helpful, I was finally able to remove the fuel rail on that side. Shoot me your paypal and I'll send you however much your favorite 6-pack costs.
Sorry about not being helpful. I didn't realize the fuel rails were different on the LH and RH sides until after NBs post and I looked it up in the repair manual.

Old 08-01-2021, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by RGPV6S
Sorry about not being helpful. I didn't realize the fuel rails were different on the LH and RH sides until after NBs post and I looked it up in the repair manual.
It was still helpful, I appreciate the link. This has by far been the most frustrating maintenance I've ever done on this vehicle.