F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 V8 S battery dead - warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 10:21 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2014 V8 S battery dead - warranty?

The battery in my 2014 is no longer holding a charge; is the battery covered under Jaguar's warranty or should I just replace it myself?

Old 09-15-2016, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 330 Likes on 257 Posts

I don't know the answer to your question but if you aren't driving the car every day, I'd recommend a maintenance charger.....these cars have a ton (literally) of electronic doodads and are hard on batteries. If you do a search you'll also find that there are reports that plugging the car into the computer access port can cause the car difficulties in "going to sleep" and IIRC the "fix" is to disconnect the battery to reboot the system.

Cheers,
Dave

Old 09-15-2016, 10:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 664 Likes on 572 Posts

+1 on Daves recommendation on the battery maintainer. If it is covered by the warranty then it would be listed in the paperwork, best to check.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:48 AM
Received 334 Likes on 201 Posts

I could be wrong but sometimes batteries are under their own manufacturers warranty. Maybe give the battery manufacturer a call.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:25 PM

The real question is that the battery is almost three years old and isn't holding a charge anymore, which tells me it needs to be replaced. I'm in Vegas and our climate is really hard on batteries between the heat in the summer and the cooler temps (sometimes into the 20s at night) in the winter.

I have no issues changing the battery myself if the dealer is going to charge, but if it's a warranty item (like it was with our Lexus) then I'm happy to let the dealer do it for free.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by myidsucks
The real question is that the battery is almost three years old and isn't holding a charge anymore, which tells me it needs to be replaced. I'm in Vegas and our climate is really hard on batteries between the heat in the summer and the cooler temps (sometimes into the 20s at night) in the winter.

I have no issues changing the battery myself if the dealer is going to charge, but if it's a warranty item (like it was with our Lexus) then I'm happy to let the dealer do it for free.
Suggest you ask the dealer.
Lawrence

Old 09-15-2016, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mulmur
Suggest you ask the dealer.
Lawrence
I was hoping someone here had experience with a battery replacement, but you're right, I need to check with the dealer. I've been trying to avoid them since my original dealer lost their Jaguar franchise and it was given to the LR store here. The group that owns the franchise now has a very bad reputation with the dealerships associated with a domestic brand, so I'm not looking forward to dealing with them.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:16 PM
Veteran Member

I was hoping someone here had experience with a battery replacement, but you're right, I need to check with the dealer. I've been trying to avoid them since my original dealer lost their Jaguar franchise and it was given to the LR store here. The group that owns the franchise now has a very bad reputation with the dealerships associated with a domestic brand, so I'm not looking forward to dealing with them.
OK, if I had a similar issue I know my dealer would do everything possible to cover it, or minimize the cost since I've dealt with them for a number of years and have bought four cars from them. So, I would contact them and advise that I am surprised by battery went so quick etc....

As yours is new, it will be interesting to see how they respond. I think we have a 3 year warranty here in Canada, but I'm not so sure concerning batteries after 3 or more years.
Lawrence.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mulmur
OK, if I had a similar issue I know my dealer would do everything possible to cover it, or minimize the cost since I've dealt with them for a number of years and have bought four cars from them. So, I would contact them and advise that I am surprised by battery went so quick etc....

As yours is new, it will be interesting to see how they respond. I think we have a 3 year warranty here in Canada, but I'm not so sure concerning batteries after 3 or more years.
Lawrence.
So far, so good. They're fitting the car in tomorrow morning and I'm going to wait with it. They've promised to turn it in one hour - we'll see.

I checked the warranty document that came with the car and it says the battery is covered for four years or 50k miles.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

I'm also in Vegas and have only one expierience with new dealer and it was ok. When we had a RR Sport service was mixed, mostly due to time to fix. Some of Jag mechanics moved but no service writers.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:00 PM

My experience with them was good. For whatever reason, I was thinking they were owned by Towbin.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:29 AM
Veteran Member

My experience with them was good. For whatever reason, I was thinking they were owned by Towbin.
Excellent, my dealer is very responsive as well
Lawrence