F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 F-Type R in Sapphire - Buyer Beware from DFW JLR, Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 06:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2015 F-Type R in Sapphire - Buyer Beware from DFW JLR, Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX

VIN: SAJWA6DA2FMK16156
Dark Sapphire Metallic RWD
https://www.parkplace.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2015-Jaguar-F_TYPE-V8_R-DFW_Airport-TX/3206701613

Looked at the car this weekend as we were driving through, carfax has a 'pedestrian accident' that was reported up in New York years ago where she was originally owned. So I asked the dealer if they would get her up on a rack so I could look at her underneath and check for obvious damage remnants.

In terms of the repair to the front end I couldn't tell much, however that wasn't the worst thing.

Every piece of stamped-steel framing underneath and that was originally coated with some sort of paint was rusted severely, to the tune of being able to peel layers of rust off. The exhaust system was also severely rusted. I had the salesman there with me and pointed all the damage out and he said he would take it to the Sales and Service manager. I said how about mentioning it to JLR themselves as a possible weak point in the finishing of the steel? No says he. Dissapointed, says I. I took a copy of the microfische and checked off all the severely rusted supports and the rear drive axels and the steel 'tub' the majority of the suspension attaches to underneath. The parts guy totalled it up to about $10K in parts and labor to replace. Ouch.

He said that they'd take it up with the auction house they got her from, but I have my doubts. It is a Dealership and no matter how transparent they are they will still probably try to sell the car to an un-suspecting soul. I just wanted to make sure that there is some notice of that cars condition on here if anyone is lurking for info.

Cars.com still has the car on the site as does the dealership.

So fair warning and if you drive in any location that uses alot of real salt on the roads and not MgCl or other healthier stuff for steel. Make sure you keep your little girls underside well rinsed in the winter. I've seen the effects of not doing it. Yikes.

BTW, I did purchase my CPO '16 F-Type S from them as she was immaculate from top to bottom.... Whooohooo then we had two Jags to drive home to Colorado!

Y'all have a good one.

-S

The following 3 users liked this post by Jhereg:
bk000 (07-11-2018), Jagged Wire (07-10-2018), Sonoman (07-11-2018)