F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 V8R vs V8S

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 11:32 AM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
Default 2015 V8R vs V8S

So gents finally got to really drive the V8R yesterday and then drive my v8s and actually do a real world comparison. I wont dwell into looks to much with the top down both cars look amazing with top up the coupe is prettier but by a minimal margin.

Performance/Handling/Breaking
As soon as I jumped into the coupe i noticed the steering wheel was heavier and a little more planted in dynamic mode, but the after a few seconds I really couldn't tell the difference. The handling is almost identical, i do feel the vert wants to let the rear end looser earlier. Acceleration was a little shocking to me, I felt that the vert laid its power down much better then the R. Both cars were rwd but i felt that the R would definitely have the advantage with the extra HP & TQ but i didn't. When i took on the twisty back roads both cars seemed to handle the same its only when i really started pushing the two cars did I feel that the coupe definitely handled a little better. Breaking no difference both felt identical

Noise
The coupe and vert sound identical but I have the quicksilver exhaust so I couldnt really do a fair comparison, but Remembering how the oem exhaust sounded with the top down vs the windows down on the coupe the vert sounded better obviously, with top up windows down both cars sounded the same.

Conclusion
Both cars are amazing I choose the vert since I have only had coupes my entire life and felt a need to experience something different so for me it made sense but honestly the v8 rwd models are hand in hand imho not much of difference except the R badges.

Hope you guys liked the comparison and please feel free to comment if you have driven both as well. Would love to hear other opinions

The following users liked this post:
mikelanzetta (10-29-2016)