Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Black Pack "R" Option - Hood Louvers

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015 | 01:07 PM
|
Default 2016 Black Pack "R" Option - Hood Louvers

Hi,

I am new to this forum as I just got my Polaris White F-Type R this weekend. So far, all the posts are really informative on my new car and I thank all you guys/gals for this.

Regarding my post about the 2016 Black Pack "R" option. I have this option for my car. According to their "build" website, the option applies to the side windows surrounds, front grille surround, side power vents and hood louvers. However, my hood louvers are white with a hint of black. Is that hint of black what they are referring to?

I know there are options for the F-Type with one of them being the Hood Louvers - Gloss Black.

Customize Your Jaguar F-TYPE - Exterior Accessories | Jaguar USA

I thought this would come with the car based on the option description, however...mine only has the hint of black.

Thanks for all your help and looking to many years on this forum.

Old 12-22-2015 | 01:48 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

Congrats, and welcome to the forum. A picture would help, although I suspect you need 5 or 10 posts before it will let you post a picture.

Old 12-22-2015 | 02:00 PM
Veteran Member

The picture on the website does not appear to be for the MY2016. Here is a photo of mine. (I have the black pack also. Just a small black "grid") I assume you're are the same expect white....

Old 12-22-2015 | 02:11 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

First time I've seen that style. I know the AWD vents are in a different position, but is it just the AWD that has these smaller ones? Regardless, wouldn't think it'd be difficult to swap them out - think there's a recent thread discussing this.

Old 12-22-2015 | 02:32 PM
|

Man...you guys are fast at responding...just like the car!

TXJagR...yes, mine looks exactly like that...except it is white with the black grid. So I guess the black pack just means the grid portion.

I will go to the dealer this week and see the part to see how easy it is to replace.

Thanks!

Old 12-22-2015 | 02:36 PM
Veteran Member

They are VERY easy to remove and replace. I've actually removed mine when detailing my car before.

I'd be curious to know if there are any other options for the 2016 AWD...

Post a pict if you find anything.

Old 12-22-2015 | 03:45 PM
jf1

Originally Posted by Ling
Man...you guys are fast at responding...just like the car!

TXJagR...yes, mine looks exactly like that...except it is white with the black grid. So I guess the black pack just means the grid portion.

I will go to the dealer this week and see the part to see how easy it is to replace.

Thanks!
My car (16 R AWD) does not have the black pack option yet still has white w/black grid. This piece appears to be unchanged by the black pack option on AWD models.

Old 12-22-2015 | 07:54 PM
Veteran Member

Hi,

I am new to this forum as I just got my Polaris White F-Type R this weekend. So far, all the posts are really informative on my new car and I thank all you guys/gals for this.

Regarding my post about the 2016 Black Pack "R" option. I have this option for my car. According to their "build" website, the option applies to the side windows surrounds, front grille surround, side power vents and hood louvers. However, my hood louvers are white with a hint of black. Is that hint of black what they are referring to?

I know there are options for the F-Type with one of them being the Hood Louvers - Gloss Black.

Customize Your Jaguar F-TYPE - Exterior Accessories | Jaguar USA

I thought this would come with the car based on the option description, however...mine only has the hint of black.

Thanks for all your help and looking to many years on this forum.
Some pictures of the black pack on a 14 V8s Polaris White for comparison.

Old 12-22-2015 | 08:21 PM
BMo

All my grids are black on my '16 gray vert without black pack option.

Old 12-22-2015 | 09:15 PM
Veteran Member

I don't think the black pack on the 2016 Awd changes the hood at all.

Old 12-22-2015 | 10:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TXJagR
I don't think the black pack on the 2016 Awd changes the hood at all.
This is unfortunately correct. I like the gloss black hood features better than body color, but they died out after 2015 on everything higher than the base.

Old 12-23-2015 | 12:45 AM
|

You guys are right on...the 2015 & 2016 hoods are different. The location of the hood louvers are differently shaped and also at a different spot.

When I was doing research before I bought the car, I guess most of the videos I was watching on YouTube showed previous year models. I liked the look a lot, but was not paying attention to the details of the hood.

Thanks for all the help!

Old 12-23-2015 | 04:19 AM

You guys are right on...the 2015 & 2016 hoods are different. The location of the hood louvers are differently shaped and also at a different spot.

When I was doing research before I bought the car, I guess most of the videos I was watching on YouTube showed previous year models. I liked the look a lot, but was not paying attention to the details of the hood.

Thanks for all the help!
hi,

yes, i also dont like them on my v6s 2016.

i just ordered yesterday at my dealer glossy black hood vents for my AWD.

will get them propably on monday.

Old 12-23-2015 | 06:23 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by thisissparta
hi,

yes, i also dont like them on my v6s 2016.

i just ordered yesterday at my dealer glossy black hood vents for my AWD.

will get them propably on monday.
So they are available as an OEM accessory? That makes it even stranger that they aren't part of the black pack.

Old 12-23-2015 | 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Nati
So they are available as an OEM accessory? That makes it even stranger that they aren't part of the black pack.
yes, but it looks like they are new.

few weeks ago they didnt exist, now they are on the jag site (also without pictures yet), only pictures for carbon.

i just was about to call my bodyshop yesterday to get the orignal ones painted, when i discovered the new OEM on accident on the jag site, so went straight to the dealer to order them.

- F-TYPE - Exterieur - Exterieur Design - Luftauslässe auf der Motorhaube in glänzend Schwarz - RH - AWD

i will post some pics when i will get them next week.

Old 12-23-2015 | 06:56 AM
Veteran Member

This does get confusing but it is not a model year issue per se, it's because of the AWD system (new for '16) that forced a different hood design. That is the result of a higher engine mounting point in the AWD, which was necessary to accommodate the front transfer case. Thus, the AWD hood cars have a taller and wider hood bulge, which forced a location and design change on the vents, and you can only buy a V8 in AWD in the U.S.

2016 RWD cars have the same hoods, same vent choices, and location as the 14-15 models. However, the only RWD F-Types sold in the US are now the two V6s, and they have black mesh vents whether you ordered the black pack or not. If you were in another market (e.g. the UK), you could still buy a 2016 RWD V8R with the same hood and vents as the 14-15 models.

To further add to the confusion, the base is not available in AWD, but the V6S is, and it also has the taller/wider hood bulge and different vent location.

Last edited by Foosh; 12-23-2015 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-23-2015 | 08:50 AM
Veteran Member

Ling,
I am assuming that the hood vents on the F-type are similarly installed as on my XKR, just a few clips that pull off rather easily. My silver vents had noticeably faded to the point that it bugged me. While my best friend's black BMW was in my friend's body shop having some collision damage done, I pulled the vents, gave them to the shop, and asked them to paint them the same gloss black as that of the BMW. A couple of hours later they were done and I re-installed them the next morning. Very simple, nice contrast, new look!

Attached Thumbnails 2016 Black Pack "R" Option - Hood Louvers-dscf8034-1280x960-.jpg   2016 Black Pack "R" Option - Hood Louvers-dscf8036-1280x960-.jpg  
Old 12-23-2015 | 07:52 PM

My 2016 R-AWD with black pack still has chrome emblem and lettering on the back.
Originally Posted by Mbourne

Old 12-23-2015 | 08:15 PM
Veteran Member

They do seem to mix and match the options each year.

Old 12-23-2015 | 08:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Neek
My 2016 R-AWD with black pack still has chrome emblem and lettering on the back.
Black Pack has nothing to do with the emblems.

The Black pack is $400 less for the "R" though, even though the description still mentions the hood...

Black Pack 'R'
Gloss Black finish to side window surrounds, front grille surround, side power vents and hood louvers.
Total $600

Black Pack (Non- R)
This option consists of a Gloss Black finish to the front grille surround, hood louvers, side power vents and side window surrounds (Coupe only).
Total $1,000