F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 F-Type brochure

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 05:47 PM
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Default 2016 F-Type brochure

I don't know if I'm the leading edge of the curve or the trailing edge of getting a 2016 brochure. I've been trying to get a 2016 printed brochure with no luck until today. I like to keep one with the vehicle's file. I finally got one mailed to me by my dealer..Jaguar USA was a no go every time I called them.

Anyway, imagine my disappointment regarding the 6 speed manual. It is barely mentioned and there are no interior shots with a manual. The only picture of the manual trans is a blow up of the aluminum cap. No mention of the standard switchable exhaust either.

Sure looks like Jaguar is half heartedly supporting the 6 speed manual if the brochure is an indicator. They do a much better job on their Web site. I emphasize "if". Wonder if there is a manual configuration in 2017 or if 2016 is a one off year. It's to be expected that the majority of owners by far will purchase the 8 speed automatic. I for one am glad they decided to offer the 6 speed as I'm loving it.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:54 PM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

Seems the uncovered cupholders(webpage says covered) were an afterthought. Can't very well shift with a big cup in the holder so why have them(or at least cover them). Someone should design a leather insert to just fill them in.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Gsp
I don't know if I'm the leading edge of the curve or the trailing edge of getting a 2016 brochure. I've been trying to get a 2016 printed brochure with no luck until today. I like to keep one with the vehicle's file. I finally got one mailed to me by my dealer..Jaguar USA was a no go every time I called them.

Anyway, imagine my disappointment regarding the 6 speed manual. It is barely mentioned and there are no interior shots with a manual. The only picture of the manual trans is a blow up of the aluminum cap. No mention of the standard switchable exhaust either.

Sure looks like Jaguar is half heartedly supporting the 6 speed manual if the brochure is an indicator. They do a much better job on their Web site. I emphasize "if". Wonder if there is a manual configuration in 2017 or if 2016 is a one off year. It's to be expected that the majority of owners by far will purchase the 8 speed automatic. I for one am glad they decided to offer the 6 speed as I'm loving it.
The cup holder is the single issue I have with my car. I commute early... I'm going to have a big iced coffee in there. I am ashamed of the coffee marks from the straw that deposit on my dress shirt. =)

They did a "fake" goofy marketing "Manual Manual":
https://www.joomag.com/magazine/jagu...09001416262091

it was some joke they handed out at car shows. I was DESPERATE for the manual, and I tried for months. I was so hungry for one, when I found this I read it without "getting" the joke. I was a bit miffed.

I would really like more info from the manufacturer about their vehicle, but it's mentioned about once or twice in the manual. What's more, the changes are not noted... so I thought I would be able to do stuff (store CD's) like on could do on an automatic.

But it seems there is a lot of love and talk about the MT... there's no way, with all the variations of a the F-Type, that the manual would be this expensive one off year. I HOPE. =)

Old 09-25-2015, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
But it seems there is a lot of love and talk about the MT... there's no way, with all the variations of a the F-Type, that the manual would be this expensive one off year. I HOPE. =)
I'm actually hoping it is. Would make this one hell of a collector's car. (But it won't be the only year.)

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (09-26-2015)
Old 09-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
(But it won't be the only year.)
+1

They have too much engineering R&D funding invested to offer it for only one year. There certainly seems to be demand as I've been surprised so many dealers are actually ordering them. My dealer, which never has more than 4 F-Types on the lot actually has both a manual coupe and convertible in stock now. I checked on cars.com a week or so ago, and there are quite a few available around the country.

I totally loved it when I drove it, and it is definitely more fun to drive than the auto. However, the auto is a close 2nd, and with all the other obvious performance advantages.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:10 PM

Jaguar claims in a video about the manual that a mt was always planned from the inception of the F-type. So I think it's a keeper. Look how may on this board have one and they have only arrived in CA in August.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:43 PM

As it turns out, I can shift and rest my arm on the armrest with any kind of drink in the drivers cupholders. Just never tried. Now the problem if my wife wants a drink too��

Old 09-26-2015, 06:31 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Buckingham
As it turns out, I can shift and rest my arm on the armrest with any kind of drink in the drivers cupholders. Just never tried. Now the problem if my wife wants a drink too��
The problem isn't with the standard drink sizes, it's the Double Latte Ventis and the Big Gulps that get in the way. Ahh..the inconveniences we have to bear.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
The problem isn't with the standard drink sizes, it's the Double Latte Ventis and the Big Gulps that get in the way. Ahh..the inconveniences we have to bear.
I am happy to say I drink low-cal iced coffee, black with no sweetener. But the cup is still big. It does seem the Brits haven't reasoned 'bout 'Merica's HUGE capacity for consumption. LOL

If that's my problem, I will survive.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits

If that's my problem, I will survive.
+1. I'll just have to live with the coffee stains on the shirt sleeve.