F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Jaguar Lobster Run

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 11:13 AM
Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Jay, Every iteration of the schedule gets better; we wouldn't want to miss any of it, but.... My constraint is the earlier meeting I have, and I am not familiar with the East Coast distances and travel times with traffic, etc. So, given a departure time of 9:00am on Wednesday morning from Williamsburg, VA, can I make it to Portland by 5:00pm on Thursday? What is possible? and yes, we do need an overnight stop. I did review your suggestions for highways around NYC and on up to Portland.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Yes, that's a very easy drive of about 350 miles a day.

The following users liked this post:
mjm3457 (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 11:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by mjm3457
Jay, Every iteration of the schedule gets better; we wouldn't want to miss any of it, but.... My constraint is the earlier meeting I have, and I am not familiar with the East Coast distances and travel times with traffic, etc. So, given a departure time of 9:00am on Wednesday morning from Williamsburg, VA, can I make it to Portland by 5:00pm on Thursday? What is possible? and yes, we do need an overnight stop. I did review your suggestions for highways around NYC and on up to Portland.
Your entire drive is less than I plan on doing my first day from Dallas to Knoxville. Very easily doable. Don't know if you've taken a LONG drive in the F-Type but I tend to need to stretch my legs for just a few minutes every three or four hours. By then it's getting time to fill up again so a gas stop works perfect. (I don't like to ever let the tank get below quarter...)

You might also be able to meet up with some of the members here around Baltimore and make the final leg of the journey with at least a small convoy.

Last edited by TXJagR; 12-16-2015 at 11:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mjm3457 (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by mjm3457
Listen, if I could - and any of you had the time and inclination; and perhaps that'll be another time - I would include a drive to spectacular Baxter State Park and a climb of Mount Katahdin. That's a right of passage for anyone living in or even visiting the State of Maine. Then, of course, there's Knife's Edge:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moun...E2.80.99s_Edge

You haven't lived until you do Knife's Edge (preferably without the 40-mph gusts of winds plus sleet and snow when I've done it).

Please join us for the 2016 Jaguar F-Type Mount Katahdin Climb.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-16-2015 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,662 Likes on 3,367 Posts

Originally Posted by TXJagR
You might also be able to meet up with some of the members here around Baltimore and make the final leg of the journey with at least a small convoy.
East coast convoy could start as far south as DC at this point.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
East coast convoy could start as far south as DC at this point.
not a bad idea and we can "pick up" others as we roll north along the way. As timing firms up we can suggest meeting waypoints along the route that tie to major roads for those coming from the south, southwest and mid west on routes headed into the mid atlantic.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbourne
not a bad idea and we can "pick up" others as we roll north along the way. As timing firms up we can suggest meeting waypoints along the route that tie to major roads for those coming from the south, southwest and mid west on routes headed into the mid atlantic.

You should all take a slight southwestward detour and meet up with me in..... let's say..... Knoxville, TN!

Old 12-17-2015, 07:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbourne
Trying to recruit the "jersey" contingent as well for this :-)

Old 12-17-2015, 07:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
we shall see what we shall see...

Very Zen Joe. (Hope you'll join us...just don't get your hopes up that it'll be a great weekend. I'm shooting for mediocre).
As Robert Plant Album was titled ...."Now and Zen" :-).

Old 12-17-2015, 08:02 AM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

The Canadian contingent (me so far) will be rolling from The 6 to Montreal and then east on Autoroute 10. Will spend the night just past Montreal for an arrival Friday afternoon in Freeport.

Last edited by DuhCar; 12-17-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:24 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by slojotaa
as robert plant album was titled ...."now and zen" :-).
the time is now.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:49 AM
Veteran Member
Default From Lobster Run Headquarters

From my perspective, the essence of the 2016 Jaguar Lobster Run is set - and even then I'm ready to call an audible if necessary - and all I have to do is tend to some minor details here and there (and design a T-Shirt) but that's not going to be a problem at all.

[re] the shirt - and I am trying to get some sponsor to pay for it (keep in mind I'm working on the costs for each portion of this event and will update you as I know more; also not a problem***) - perhaps U (Unhinged to you); would you be so kind as to acquire each participants T-shirt size along with the other information you're compiling?

With the gracious help of Zach and especially his wife Lisa I'm sure we'll be able to post an image of said shirt once I play around with some of the designs I'm considering. We have another relatively new F-Typer who's business is T-Shirts and we might end up using his services for all I know.

All I know is this is gonna s^*k! Sorry.

***The way I envision this working - and the way I did it for my 4-day and 3-day NSX events back in the late 90's (and I'm taking BIG events) - and for one of them I ended up being a few thousand in the hole - was all costs will be calculated well before your arrival and I will simply pay ahead of time and each participant will have a cost-per-person once I know what that is.

Any questions?

Best regards,
Jay

Old 12-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,662 Likes on 3,367 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
perhaps U (Unhinged to you); would you be so kind as to acquire each participants T-shirt size along with the other information you're compiling?
These various options are getting far too complicated for a simple Doodle Poll to handle. Let me know what your lead times are on the T-Shirts are, and I'll prepare some real registration forms to get out to people well before the deadline.

Old 12-17-2015, 01:01 PM
Received 259 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by DuhCar
The Canadian contingent (me so far) will be rolling from The 6th to Montreal and then east on Autoroute 10. Will spend the night just past Montreal for an arrival Friday afternoon in Freeport.
I am planing to start the run on Thursday from Sherbrooke. If you can move your schedule up, we can travel together.

Depending if the southern contingent is able to arrange something at F40 motonsports in Connecticut I might take the long way and hookup with the southern folks there.

Old 12-17-2015, 01:24 PM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by zach05855
I am planing to start the run on Thursday from Sherbrooke. If you can move your schedule up, we can travel together.

Depending if the southern contingent is able to arrange something at F40 motonsports in Connecticut I might take the long way and hookup with the southern folks there.
PM sent.

Old 12-17-2015, 01:56 PM
Veteran Member
Default Beer Here!

Just had lunch with a dear and very well-connected - and quite attractive I might add - friend. While I'm not a "beer" guy, many people come to the State of Maine seeking locally-made and any number of micro-brewed beers; none of which I am familiar with.

Just throwing this out there for those of you arriving Thursday (and/or before); depending on when you arrive and, of course, your interest...

Without my asking and after I mentioned the Lobster Run, she offered to arrange a private beer tasting of beers not [ever] sold to the public. Apparently it's held in some special & private "back room". I won't mention the name of the brewery but it certainly sounds very special...if one was interested in beer. Give me a Sapporo or maybe a Corona, and I'm happy. And since Maine doesn't produce any Champagne (certainly not the genuine article; although there are a number of local sparkling wine/cider producers)...

Just adding one more possible incentive to your list.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-17-2015 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:26 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,111 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Geez, Jay, if you keep this up, we may just move in with you.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:30 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DJS
Geez, Jay, if you keep this up, we may just move in with you.
It sounds a bit pretentious but it's just another day in my life. Happy to make these arrangements and, presumably, there are some beer-loving F-Typers out there who might wish to take advantage of my friends offer***. But, we'll soon find out.

***Just remember that we have dinner plans that Thursday night - whole lobster dinner - and you will need to be able to walk (in other words, be upright).

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-17-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:35 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,111 Likes on 1,409 Posts

I do like craft beers, so I may be interested.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:47 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DJS
I do like craft beers, so I may be interested.
If I was a beer-drinker/lover I certainly would be. One more thing to add to "our" collective list. So as to not boggle our Unhinged friend, those interested can merely PM or e-mail me and I'll keep tabs on who is interested, and then I will contact my friend to make the final "secret" arrangements. [Password is SWORDFISH].

Cheers.

Quick Reply: 2016 Jaguar Lobster Run