F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Manual 6 Speed questions / issues / chatter thread?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 08:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
I picked up some rubber floor mats from Jaguar yesterday.

They don't fit. They list AWD versus RWD, so perhaps I've got the wrong ones. The shape is very close, but the spacing of the holes for the retention hooks is different. It's also possible that 2014/2015 is different than 2016. I know they changed the footwell to fit the third pedal, but mat doesn't go that far forward.

I guess the parts department gets to sort it out.

I also asked about touch-up paint. There is no part number yet for my color (colour).
I can confirm that any VIN after about 22000 has different spacing (narrower) for the mat holes.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:36 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

I also asked about touch-up paint. There is no part number yet for my color (colour).
Warning: I asked my dealer to get me a touch-up paint kit, without asking the price. They shipped it directly to me for... $76.61.

Would absolutely have gotten an aftermarket kit had I known it was that much. Ludicrous.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
Warning: I asked my dealer to get me a touch-up paint kit, without asking the price. They shipped it directly to me for... $76.61.

Would absolutely have gotten an aftermarket kit had I known it was that much. Ludicrous.
If it's any consolation, it does have the best pinpoint applicator brush I've ever seen. Given that, it's worth every penny in my book.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:37 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

For that price, it should have some directions. For example, how long should the base coat dry before applying the clearcoat?

Old 09-20-2015, 07:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DJS
For that price, it should have some directions. For example, how long should the base coat dry before applying the clearcoat?
For the types of small chips it's good for, in my experience, it's not worth it to bother with the clear coat. I never have. I think it makes the touch up more noticeable. A nice clean base-coat application makes the chip disappear, and you're not going to notice no clear coat on such a tiny area.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:55 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

Good to know. But for $76 for two small applicators, I would have expected some directions/advice (acceptable temperature range for application, recommended cleaning before application, cure time before washing, etc.)

Old 09-21-2015, 01:08 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I picked up some rubber floor mats from Jaguar yesterday.

They don't fit. They list AWD versus RWD, so perhaps I've got the wrong ones. The shape is very close, but the spacing of the holes for the retention hooks is different. It's also possible that 2014/2015 is different than 2016. I know they changed the footwell to fit the third pedal, but mat doesn't go that far forward.

I guess the parts department gets to sort it out.
Yes I ran into this a while back. There are two different part numbers now. P/N: T2R5507 is the RWD model (pre-2016), and P/N: T2R16569PVJ is the AWD model (may be all 2016+ models with the new footwell design.)

Old 09-25-2015, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
For the types of small chips it's good for, in my experience, it's not worth it to bother with the clear coat. I never have. I think it makes the touch up more noticeable. A nice clean base-coat application makes the chip disappear, and you're not going to notice no clear coat on such a tiny area.
For the first time in my life, I paid for a little bit o the extras.... I can't think of the moment of the delivery of a car, and talking extras, without thinking of Fargo, and "I didn't order the TruCoat!!!"

I got the 5 year rim and dent repair plan, I also got the 3M coating for the body. Was that stupid? I don't know if it is a gimmick, but I've got 2000 miles on my car in one month, and on the highways around here there is so much trash on the roads, and trucks, etc.... I've felt huge rocks ping my body, and they seem just to slide off.

I keep waiting for that first ding... I typically "celebrate" it rather than worry about it.... as I know it will happen eventually.

But did anyone get the 3M or ding protection plan, and has anyone done it in the past and learned whether it was worth it or not? Too late for me, I think it's worth it.... but interested in people's opinions, etc.

$1500 approx for 5 years of coverage for 4 count $1800 rims seems absolutely a no brainer?

Old 09-25-2015, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member

Did anyone fill out that hour long questionnaire about the purchase, and all those sentiment based questions like "How do you think people perceive you in your car" vs "How do you perceive yourself in your car" and what not? I was loving, but noted a few bugs/issues. It was a wild questionnaire. I work in hospitality, and I thought ours were overly long.

Other issues, little stuff, questions:

One thing I found.... as interesting as it is that they shut down the electrical system at the same time when the start/stop is pressed and engine turns off, the USB cords seem to be electrified constantly, and if you are charging a phone or device.... the car is off, and the device is charging the whole time. Doubt the drain would kill the battery, but interesting.

Also....

Am I missing:

a) EDT: (I had asked about keyless start again... it was answered that it won't work on MT)

b) The manual says "cd player" and my car, at times, says, "insert CD". Am I missing it, or the manual is not outfitted with a CD player?

c) not that I want a CD player, but the automatic holds 10, and it seems there's a music storage system where you can bank those CD's, take them out, and put others in, and start building music into your car.... it's like the most expensive Ipod ever. I love it..... so do we not have a way to store music into the car's memory?

d) anyone shorten the shifter throw yet?

Last edited by Uncle Fishbits; 09-25-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BierNut
That is a Samsung cell phone battery pictured.
funny guy

Old 09-25-2015, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
Thanks Foosh. Good stuff.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lhoboy
-----------------
Superb. And the water bottle thing is GREAT. =) Thank you mucho. (Not sure is it clutters a thread to thank people)

=)

Old 09-25-2015, 12:00 PM
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits

b) The manual says "cd player" and my car, at times, says, "insert CD". Am I missing it, or the manual is not outfitted with a CD player?

c) not that I want a CD player, but the automatic holds 10, and it seems there's a music storage system where you can bank those CD's, take them out, and put others in, and start building music into your car.... it's like the most expensive Ipod ever. I love it..... so do we not have a way to store music into the car's memory?

d) anyone shorten the shifter throw yet?
The mt has the same cd player. It's in the storage box near the usb connections.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (09-26-2015)
Old 09-25-2015, 01:20 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

And the automatic doesn't hold 10 CDs, it can rip 10 and store them in memory. Sounds like they dropped that feature, which isn't terribly useful. And as 99Gsp mentioned, the CD slot is in the storage box under your right elbow.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:03 PM
DFW
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Question on the 10 ripped CDs - When you select shuffle, will it select music between all 10 CDs or only shuffle between one at a time?

Old 09-25-2015, 02:06 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

Can't say I've tried that - I just select a ripped CD to play. (Don't use this feature often.) But I'm frustrated by iPhones, etc. in that I'd like to shuffle albums, not tracks, and haven't found a way to do that.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:14 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DJS
Can't say I've tried that - I just select a ripped CD to play. (Don't use this feature often.) But I'm frustrated by iPhones, etc. in that I'd like to shuffle albums, not tracks, and haven't found a way to do that.
???

iTunes allows you to select by artist, album, song, genre, composer, etc. I haven't purchased a CD in years, but I uploaded the best of my CD collection into iTunes. Just pop the CD into your machine, and it goes straight to iTunes, at least on a MacBook.

If I want to hear the Eagles' "Hell Freezes Over" album, I select albums, then that album and it plays it in the same order as on the CD, or I can skip around. I also Bluetooth stream everything from my iPhone so its simple.

I've never put anything into the CD slot in my car.

Old 09-25-2015, 05:55 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

Yes. Shuffling albums would mean choosing a random album, then playing the tracks on it in order, then playing another random album. I listen mostly to classical and shuffling tracks is a bit weird with that.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (09-26-2015)
Old 09-26-2015, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by 99Gsp
The mt has the same cd player. It's in the storage box near the usb connections.
I love that I keep discovering things.

Thank you guys!! Much.

Phone holder:

Also... being tall and having the MT means phone holders are a bear to figure out. I don't like looking at my phone in the cupholder because my attention is WAY off the road for too long. I got this... haven't installed yet, but it's apparently sturdy, and works well.

Amazon.com: Mgotu Dual USB Ports Car Charger Mount with Cigarette Lighter Charger DC Port, 360° Rotating Adjustable Car Mount Stand Holder for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S 4 Samsung Galaxy Note 3 2 S4 SIV i9500 S3 SIII i9300 S2 SII 9100 Sony xperia z HTC One Amazon.com: Mgotu Dual USB Ports Car Charger Mount with Cigarette Lighter Charger DC Port, 360° Rotating Adjustable Car Mount Stand Holder for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S 4 Samsung Galaxy Note 3 2 S4 SIV i9500 S3 SIII i9300 S2 SII 9100 Sony xperia z HTC One

Old 10-03-2015, 01:26 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Has anyone here verified if any of the BMW short shifter kits are compatible with our cars yet?

For me, the throws are way too long than they should be.

Quick Reply: 2016 Manual 6 Speed questions / issues / chatter thread?