Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Keep in mind that's what a salesperson said. Consider the source...
Spoken like a true salesman...did you sell cars at one point in your life,lol?

Old 02-28-2015, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

LOL . . . never, just a professional buyer, highly-trained to disregard most of what they say.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

If your dealer just shrugs go find another dealer who appreciates your business. Of course they want to sell off the floor and any aggressive dealer will give you a better deal on floor stock starting with the oldest. But they will take your order rather than get nothing! My dealer( not where I purchased) will pull up the computer while I'm sitting there to try and answer my question. Same with my Maserati dealer.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

Stability in exchange rates may be a factor in delayed pricing, and they should favor the US, we'll see!

Old 02-28-2015, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by drbill
Where else can we vent? I've e-mailed Jaguar, have been referred to my dealer, who just shrugs. Why is it so difficult to tell what the damn price is going to be on a car? My local dealer just wants to sell me something they already have in inventory and if that's the case, let me know what the 2016 will cost so I have some leverage on their current stock.
I think official pricing is to be released on Monday. They just had national dealer meetings last week which gave upper management an idea of pricing. It will be interesting to see what the changes are in pricing as well as discounts.

The following users liked this post:
drbill (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 03:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalJagS
I too plan on ordering a 2016 F-Type R. But would never order not knowing the cost of the car.

My second problem is I live in southern California and while I have numerous dealers to choose from, I have no idea whom to choose from. There are a few dealers, or one I know of that I woild never purchase from. But until Jaguar releases pricing, it doesn't make any sense to start shopping.

+1 to that. For me, I want a MT but if JLR bumped pricing too high, I would think twice and maybe step into a '15 that hasn't been moved off lot yet. Especially because I'm planning on leasing rather than financing.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
I think official pricing is to be released on Monday. They just had national dealer meetings last week which gave upper management an idea of pricing. It will be interesting to see what the changes are in pricing as well as discounts.
This would make sense since the first boat of cars is arriving in Baltimore today.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:20 AM
Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mulhollandmaster
+1 to that. For me, I want a MT but if JLR bumped pricing too high, I would think twice and maybe step into a '15 that hasn't been moved off lot yet. Especially because I'm planning on leasing rather than financing.
I've read both online, that prices didn't go up too much aswell as the Jaguar F type are seeing huge price increase (which in my opinion is a mistake), especially for a still struggling auto maker. But I'm sure we will know soon. Then it's to the problem of which dealers to contact.

Old 03-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member

I've read both online, that prices didn't go up too much aswell as the Jaguar F type are seeing huge price increase (which in my opinion is a mistake), especially for a still struggling auto maker. But I'm sure we will know soon. Then it's to the problem of which dealers to contact.
I think struggling is a bit of an overstatement, but JLR is in an important transitional period. Tata has made heavy capital investments in JLR (F-Type, XE, and new Ingenium engine development) in the last few years to reinvigorate the brand, which always dings the profit bottom line, but the sales trends are looking positive. The XE has received highly positive reviews and will be added to the mix this year, except in the U.S., which will see it in early '16.

Here is Forbes' latest view:

Tata Motors Earnings Review: Profits Decline For Both Jaguar Land Rover And The Standalone Business - Forbes

Old 03-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

I think struggling is a bit of an overstatement, but JLR is in an important transitional period. Tata has made heavy capital investments in JLR (F-Type, XE, and new Ingenium engine development) in the last few years to reinvigorate the brand, which always dings the profit bottom line, but the sales trends are looking positive. The XE has received highly positive reviews and will be added to the mix this year, except in the U.S., which will see it in early '16.

Tata Motors Earnings Review: Profits Decline For Both Jaguar Land Rover And The Standalone Business - Forbes
I think you had to much of the Kool Aid. Call your local dealer & ask him how many brand new 2014 or 2015 Jaguars they have on there lot. I think you will be surprised how many they have. Then ask how many of them can be leased. Land Rovers sales are great but Jaguar sales are very soft.

Old 03-01-2015, 01:01 PM
Veteran Member

I think you had to much of the Kool Aid. Call your local dealer & ask him how many brand new 2014 or 2015 Jaguars they have on there lot. I think you will be surprised how many they have. Then ask how many of them can be leased. Land Rovers sales are great but Jaguar sales are very soft.

Uh, just relaying the highlights of the Forbes analysis, which acknowledges the current inventory situation, but takes into account their worldwide market. The U.S. is just one segment.

Try reading before taking shots, and then aim at the appropriate target if you feel so inclined.

While you're at it do a cars.com search for new Porsche 911 inventory, and you'll find new 2013s on dealer lots.

Old 03-01-2015, 01:17 PM

I hope you are right. I don't want to see Jaguar go away, but it's all about world wide production numbers and pricing cars less competitively at this point I think would be a mistake. The first couple of years you satisfy the group of buyers who want the car regardless of the price, but after this you have to reach down to the buyers who are going to look at other brands in similar models.

The Jaguar brand might not survive if new X760 sedan doesn't sell well | Digital Trends

The following users liked this post:
JgaXkr (03-01-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

...well...there's always Tuesday

Old 03-02-2015, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Joz132
...well...there's always Tuesday
...and the next day.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
...and the next day.
My sales rep told me several weeks ago that they do not expect 2016 pricing to be announced until the second quarter. Let's hope she is wrong.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:52 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got EU/EUR pricing. There is basically no difference between MY15 and MY16.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:53 PM

I wonder if this has anything to do with Jaguar not releasing any pricing yet? The dollar is at an 11 year high.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/asia-edges...--finance.html

Old 03-03-2015, 01:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

I wonder if this has anything to do with Jaguar not releasing any pricing yet? The dollar is at an 11 year high.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/asia-edges...--finance.html
Would be nice if they cut prices to reflect that strength. However, I doubt they will do that since our Jag prices are so much lower than anywhere else in the world.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Would be nice if they cut prices to reflect that strength. However, I doubt they will do that since our Jag prices are so much lower than anywhere else in the world.
I agree, I don't think will change what they are going to price them at. I assume they are already set, just not released. Most other countries have VAT taxes into their prices and other import taxes. If that were to ever happen in the USA, it will destroy their sales here. But don't be surprised if we hear politicians suggesting them at some point down the road, with their insatiable need for more tax money.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Veteran Member

I really wish we could leave the political commentary out of this forum. There are plenty of other places to go rant, rave, and argue with others about politics, but it's tiresome and out of place here.

The following 2 users liked this post by Foosh:
drbill (03-03-2015), Unhingd (03-03-2015)

Quick Reply: 2016 Pricing