Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 F-Type R Tuned +100 HP

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 12:12 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by JVIII
Hey Mike,

This thread doesn't have anything to do with it. So I don't think this should be the right thread.

I will create a new thread to explain what happened..not until I sorted it out. It could have been one of the problems before with our engine..probably oil starvation. As usual JLR will try to blame it on us.

I'm working on this with corporate. In the meantime I'm enjoying my new Toyota 86 Special Edition as Newport Beach doesn't want to give me a loaner car due to warranty denials.

I miss the baby though. But I've seen a lot of the R's at Newport Beach.

Maybe you could explain how this thread has nothing to do with it?

You had your car tuned using a tune or tuner that many here cautioned you to avoid! You started having problems immediately thereafter... problems that did not exist before, or at least you did not complain of before if my recollection is correct.

Not long ago, you commented that your car was running normal again after replacing a spark plug, yet its been sitting at the JLR Service Center for weeks, reportedly needing a new engine...

How could this not be related to the tune?

Old 06-17-2017, 12:17 PM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike

You had your car tuned using a tune or tuner that many here cautioned you to avoid! You started having problems immediately thereafter... problems that did not exist before, or at least you did not complain of before if my recollection is correct.

Not long ago, you commented that your car was running normal again after replacing a spark plug, yet its been sitting at the JLR Service Center for weeks, reportedly needing a new engine...

Mike,

Stop speculating. If it's the tune then I'll be all over it complaining that it ruined the engine. I'll have a full analysis..until then I cannot say anything.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:25 PM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike

It was sitting at JLR three weeks ago. That's why this thread doesn't have anything to do with it. After I replace the plugs the engine was really doing good. I even had meets with different jaguar owners here and they know that my car was running good. This tune was removed when I replaced the plugs.

So can you please stop speculating? As I stated I will explain everything once I resolved it.

And to be honest I don't owe anyone an explanation since it is my car. You saw my car on the dealer and got curious as to why it is sitting there? I told you the reason that this thread didn't cause it.

NON-OEM Calibration was the reason that they denied warranty. Even if you're running stock but once they see the codes that's showing non oem calibration then good luck getting it warrantied.

Last edited by JVIII; 06-17-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

Late to this thread, but those look like two different vehicles...first series of photos sure looks white while the more recent photo looks more dark grey.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

The car was likely wrapped, you can see in the picture with the hood up that it is still white on the inside.

So it is the same car, the same tune, the same engine. Coincidentally, we now know why OP asked for this thread to be deleted.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Gents, can we let this one lie for a while? The owner of the car has a different opinion than many of us. So be it. He is entitled to that. It's OK. He said he will enlighten us in the future. That's kind of him. Please let's stop flogging the dead horse.