Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Audi S5 Quattro coupe...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 02:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts
Thumbs up 2018 Audi S5 Quattro coupe...

This is the F-Type replacement in this exact color combo, have settled on a price today with the local dealer and am ordering next month for a Oct-Nov delivery.

Wifey really liked the LC500 but that was never really in the running for me, I really like everything about this car including the Quattro and LSD...but I really love the interior.

Loved my time with the Jaguar and there's still 5 months to enjoy...

Old 06-03-2017, 03:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

I came from the Audi (S4) to the F-Type when I decided once and for all to ditch the rear seats.

I'm kind of meh on the current exterior styling that Audi is following but I agree their interiors have usually been nice. Apart from the gummy rubber buttons after a few years.

You may want to get an extended warranty if you have the virtual cockpit display, I knew it wasn't going to be cheap but heard on one of the Audi forums it was a $3000 replacement but fortunately warranty picked up the tab.

I'm also still kind of mixed on that glued to the dash ipad. On the earlier models it did retract into the dash but I think now it's just there all the time.

But your colour choice is way better than the primer grey (Nardo) that all the Audi groupies think is cool ;-)

Enjoy your Jaguar run out time and let us know what you think of the S5 when you get a few miles on it.

Old 06-03-2017, 03:52 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by stmcknig
I came from the Audi (S4) to the F-Type when I decided once and for all to ditch the rear seats.

I'm kind of meh on the current exterior styling that Audi is following but I agree their interiors have usually been nice. Apart from the gummy rubber buttons after a few years.

You may want to get an extended warranty if you have the virtual cockpit display, I knew it wasn't going to be cheap but heard on one of the Audi forums it was a $3000 replacement but fortunately warranty picked up the tab.

I'm also still kind of mixed on that glued to the dash ipad. On the earlier models it did retract into the dash but I think now it's just there all the time.

But your colour choice is way better than the primer grey (Nardo) that all the Audi groupies think is cool ;-)

Enjoy your Jaguar run out time and let us know what you think of the S5 when you get a few miles on it.
Will be leasing again, partly because of the first year model and switch from supercharged to turbocharged and also because it's German,lol.

I hear you on the ipad, looks like an afterthought but I do love the interior.

Old 06-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Enjoy it! Good luck! Is the opposite direction though of where we are sailing to...

But the ocean is huge and plenty of space for every embarkation... :-)

Old 06-03-2017, 06:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,419 Posts

The S5 is a terrifically smooth driving car that does everything well. You will enjoy it. It won't be as urgent as the F-type, but it's no slouch, and has impeccably smooth manners. The seats and steering wheel are gorgeous, the faux popup screen is not. Plus some new Audis project the navigation map over the speedometer and tachometer, and it's distracting, but otherwise I think you'll enjoy it.

Old 06-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is what i was going to get until i went insane and spent double that on an f type. Congrats, had the f type not been awd its what i'd be driving in

Old 06-03-2017, 08:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

An S5/RS5 was in the "top few" on the list when I opted to abandon sensibility and get the F-Type. The Audi salesman who had invested a fair bit of time with me was disappointed. I was not.

Old 06-03-2017, 08:22 PM
Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Congrats!!! I kept coming back to a new S5 too especially after seeing one and taking it for a test drive. The practicality side of me kept going back to it but eventually the Jag's panache won me over to occupy that special fourth bay in my garage...lol. Seriously though, your selection was going to be mine if I couldn't find the F-Type I wanted. Enjoy!

Old 06-04-2017, 06:05 AM
Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts

i had an rs3 before trading it for an m3, and i agree all the touch points have a quality feel that no one can match outside of the vag family

however my only gripe is the fact audi refuse to leather wrap their dash and doors, when even a base a200 merc has a vinyl stitched dash - it's pretty much standard affair now

Old 06-04-2017, 08:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have own many Audis going back to 1988. They are nice cars, but the S5 is no replacement for the F type. I guess you won't be lonely, you will be able to wave to the 10 or more S5's you see everyday.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by domino_z
a quality feel that no one can match outside of the vag family
*cough*

The following users liked this post:
domino_z (06-04-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by Bugeye1959
I have own many Audis going back to 1988. They are nice cars, but the S5 is no replacement for the F type. I guess you won't be lonely, you will be able to wave to the 10 or more S5's you see everyday.
agreed.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bugeye1959
I have own many Audis going back to 1988. They are nice cars, but the S5 is no replacement for the F type. I guess you won't be lonely, you will be able to wave to the 10 or more S5's you see everyday...
Not looking to replace the F-Type per se, I realize it's a different,specialized car and while I've had my fun, I'm moving on to something that better suits my lifestyle.

Since the wife likes it and she's paying for it, move on we will.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

I like it, nice choice!

Old 06-05-2017, 04:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,290 Likes on 889 Posts

One of my partners at work had one. Looked awesome in black, that and the RS5 are the only audis I like. Make sure you get the extended warranty if you havent already - at about 4 - 5 years old and after he had no end of trouble with it - locks failed, window failed, engine mounts, oil seals, gearbox issues, and he didnt have a factory warranty so he was skinned alive on repair costs.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
One of my partners at work had one. Looked awesome in black, that and the RS5 are the only audis I like. Make sure you get the extended warranty if you havent already - at about 4 - 5 years old and after he had no end of trouble with it - locks failed, window failed, engine mounts, oil seals, gearbox issues, and he didnt have a factory warranty so he was skinned alive on repair costs...
Will lease...probably 42 months...lot's to go wrong so I hear you.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

Too bad if you already settled on a price as I think the guys over at https://leasehackr.com could have given you some pointers. I think the general feeling is Audis don't lease particularly well compared to some of the other brands depending on rebates/promotions etc. Much like the Jaguar ;-)

Old 06-05-2017, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by stmcknig
Too bad if you already settled on a price as I think the guys over at https://leasehackr.com could have given you some pointers. I think the general feeling is Audis don't lease particularly well compared to some of the other brands depending on rebates/promotions etc. Much like the Jaguar ;-)
Haven't settled on price yet or lease numbers...