F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Jaguar Wild Blueberry Blast

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 08:36 AM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

After reading through this, I really wish I could attend this. Maybe another event sometime since y'all seem like my kind of people and I've been told I should visit more states "up north." Maybe next year I can plan for it and might actually get all of my frantic costume making done before August so I can have major shenanigans weekends within a month of each other with some rest in between. Plus, it's a long drive for just me since I doubt my husband would be able to go (he works all the time and many times last minute so we rarely get to vacation together). Or if someone is lacking a wingman, I could fly up and bunk and ride with someone else. Things to consider since I have well over a year to plan (assuming it happens again next year). And I apologize for the bit of stream of consciousness this morning - I haven't had my coffee yet.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by PBBarb
After reading through this, I really wish I could attend this. Maybe another event sometime since y'all seem like my kind of people and I've been told I should visit more states "up north." Maybe next year I can plan for it and might actually get all of my frantic costume making done before August so I can have major shenanigans weekends within a month of each other with some rest in between. Plus, it's a long drive for just me since I doubt my husband would be able to go (he works all the time and many times last minute so we rarely get to vacation together). Or if someone is lacking a wingman, I could fly up and bunk and ride with someone else. Things to consider since I have well over a year to plan (assuming it happens again next year). And I apologize for the bit of stream of consciousness this morning - I haven't had my coffee yet.
My kind of people? I’m thinking more along the lines of “I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member” - Groucho Marx. (Something like that and, of course, I am joking).

I never say never, and in spite of having plenty of other places to go, but my guess is the 2018 Jaguar Wild Blueberry Blast will be the last event I am hosting. It’s a pleasure doing so - this will be my third - and, believe it or not, actually quite easy for me to do. Time-consuming, yes. Difficult? Not at all.

Besides, when you start to see the pictures which will surely get posted here, and the grimacing faces accompanying them - due to the fact that I’m running everyone ragged - you’ll thank me for not hosting another event.

We shall see.

Old 05-03-2018, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
My kind of people? I’m thinking more along the lines of “I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member” - Groucho Marx. (Something like that and, of course, I am joking).

I never say never, and in spite of having plenty of other places to go, but my guess is the 2018 Jaguar Wild Blueberry Blast will be the last event I am hosting. It’s a pleasure doing so - this will be my third - and, believe it or not, actually quite easy for me to do. Time-consuming, yes. Difficult? Not at all.

Besides, when you start to see the pictures which will surely get posted here, and the grimacing faces accompanying them - due to the fact that I’m running everyone ragged - you’ll thank me for not hosting another event.

We shall see.
Oh, I didn't say y'all would necessarily want me as a member, I'm just inviting myself.

Oh sure! I say I want to come and you shut it down! Kidding of course and I do understand, but I hope there will be other events that I can attend to meet some of you in person. Actually if it involved early mornings, you probably don't want to invite me anyway - I am NOT a morning person, but I'll stay up all night.

I look forward to seeing pictures this year and will hold out hope for an event I can make it to at a later date.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by PBBarb
Oh, I didn't say y'all would necessarily want me as a member, I'm just inviting myself.

Oh sure! I say I want to come and you shut it down! Kidding of course and I do understand, but I hope there will be other events that I can attend to meet some of you in person. Actually if it involved early mornings, you probably don't want to invite me anyway - I am NOT a morning person, but I'll stay up all night.

I look forward to seeing pictures this year and will hold out hope for an event I can make it to at a later date.
1) I was referring to me.
2) There are some wonderful people on this Forum and meeting many of them has been a pleasure and a delight. (I’m just glad I hosted the first event back in 2016 as one couple drove all the way from Denver, CO - had the time of their lives - and the husband died later that year of cancer).
3) My events ALWAYS involve early mornings. And relatively late nights. I’m from NYC so if it was up to me, I’d be running my friends even more ragged as I generally have boundless (some might say unbridled) energy. No boasting, merely stating the facts.
4) Like I said, I never say never and you would certainly be welcome.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 05-03-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:21 PM

1) I was referring to me.
2) There are some wonderful people on this Forum and meeting many of them has been a pleasure and a delight. (I’m just glad I hosted the first event back in 2016 as one couple drove all the way from Denver, CO - had the time of their lives - and the husband died later that year of cancer).
3) My events ALWAYS involve early mornings. And relatively late nights. I’m from NYC so if it was up to me, I’d be running my friends even more ragged as I generally have boundless (some might say unbridled) energy. No boasting, merely stating the facts.
4) Like I said, I never say never and you would certainly be welcome.
1. Oh, I know, and I was referring to me! See, sounds like we'd get along great!
2. I saw that about them when I was reading about the event. I've made some of my best friends doing stuff like that and I look forward to making some around here.
3. Ok, I'll keep that in mind. When I'm at an event, I do try to not be as cranky as I would be at home and sometimes it even works.
4. Thank you for that. I'll keep watch to see if an event comes up that I can attend.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:24 AM
Veteran Member

In lieu of my sending a group e-mail to those attending:

I received a text yesterday from a friend responsible - in an indirect way - of my getting my 2015 V6S 3 1/2 years ago. He owns a Mazda dealership in Augusta (as well as a splendid Triumph/Indian/Victory/Suzuki Motorcycle dealership) and is a gearhead of the highest order. Long story short he had a gorgeous 2015 V6S convertible in Sapphire Blue which he ended up, regretfully, selling.

His text said he’s about to take delivery of another 2015 (I think coupe) and will be joining us for the Thursday night kick-off, along with his wife, as well as Friday’s activities up to and including the spectacular classic car collection we are viewing in the afternoon.

Assuming no one drops out - always a possibilty (and I’m thinking of cancelling) - that makes 18 F-Types Friday.

For what it’s worth.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 05-17-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Sufficient numbers for a prowl (noun not verb).

Old 05-17-2018, 08:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

That's interesting as there have been several past thread debates on what the official name for a groups of Jaguars should be......prowl works well, noun or verb.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mbourne
That's interesting as there have been several past thread debates on what the official name for a groups of Jaguars should be......prowl works well, noun or verb.
“Official” or not, I’m going with misfits & miscreants. Any objections?

Old 05-18-2018, 04:04 AM
Veteran Member

I resemble that remark.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:55 AM
Veteran Member

Miscreant: a person who behaves badly or or in a way that breaks the law
Misfit: a person who's behavior or attitude sets them apart from others in an uncomfortably conspicuous way

We will do our best to live up to your characterizations.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:58 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jaguny
Miscreant: a person who behaves badly or or in a way that breaks the law
Misfit: a person who's behavior or attitude sets them apart from others in an uncomfortably conspicuous way

We will do our best to live up to your characterizations.
I was going to say not characterizations but rather expectations, but those definitions certainly do not embody the spirit of the event or us. Well...perhaps some of us. Instead I give you the three guiding principles of an organization I used to belong to for many many years and before, during, and after I made the semi-permanent move to Maine; The Madison Avenue Sport Car Driving and Chowder Society.

1. We have no known purpose.
2. We have accomplished nothing.
3. We ain’t mad at nobody.

Over the years other “guidelines” have been added but the Society lives on. Here’s more info if you’re interested:

https://www.mascdcs.org

Sincerely,
RickyJay52
Only A Vice President

Last edited by RickyJay52; 05-18-2018 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:51 PM
Veteran Member

Principles of leisure to live by. Where do we sign?

Old 05-19-2018, 08:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Hmmmm, Fear the "Driving Dead" maybe... :-). Been binge watching and feel extremely "Maslovian" at the moment.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:55 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by slojotaa
Hmmmm, Fear the "Driving Dead" maybe... :-). Been binge watching and feel extremely "Maslovian" at the moment.
Which level?

Old 05-21-2018, 07:24 AM
Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

has this event already happened or is there still a chance for a late entry to sneak in?

I picked my F Type up last weekend and would love to meet some local[ish] members...I'm from Boston

Old 05-21-2018, 07:58 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by addict
has this event already happened or is there still a chance for a late entry to sneak in?

I picked my F Type up last weekend and would love to meet some local[ish] members...I'm from Boston
Congratulations.

While I can accommodate additional cars - we are currently at 17 (I believe 18 for Friday) - it's the number of people which is a challenge.

The kick-off starts in Portland Maine at 6:00 PM (at a friends restaurant) on Thursday August 2. Friday and Saturday are all day affairs, starting at 7:00 AM with dinners starting at 8:00 PM. Sunday begins at a leisurely 7:30 AM and will likely end around 12:00 Noon.

Assuming I can squeeze you in - and I might not be able to - how many would you be and would you be attending all days? I will await your reply and I will not be able to make inquires until early next week.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 05-21-2018 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:14 PM
Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

Congratulations.

While I can accommodate additional cars - we are currently at 17 (I believe 18 for Friday) - it's the number of people which is a challenge.

The kick-off starts in Portland Maine at 6:00 PM (at a friends restaurant) on Thursday August 2. Friday and Saturday are all day affairs, starting at 7:00 AM with dinners starting at 8:00 PM. Sunday begins at a leisurely 7:30 AM and will likely end around 12:00 Noon.

Assuming I can squeeze you in - and I might not be able to - how many would you be and would you be attending all days? I will await your reply and I will not be able to make inquires until early next week.
Unfortunately I am taking way too many days off this summer as it stands for weddings / travel plans -- so I would only be able to attend Friday night / Saturday & Sunday. It would be me and a +1 -- if we're booked for this year, I'm more than happy to take a pass and go for it next year

Old 05-21-2018, 04:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by addict
Unfortunately I am taking way too many days off this summer as it stands for weddings / travel plans -- so I would only be able to attend Friday night / Saturday & Sunday. It would be me and a +1 -- if we're booked for this year, I'm more than happy to take a pass and go for it next year
I really should be PMing you but let me get this straight:

You +1 would arrive in time for dinner Friday night [only] and take part in all activities on Saturday and Sunday? If that’s the case I will make my inquires (to both restaurants we are going to dinner Friday and Saturday) and get back to you. It won’t be until sometime next week - assuming you can wait that long - when I will be seeing the GM and Chef/Owners, respectively, of the places we are going. I’ll see what I can do.

P.S. There likely won’t be a next year.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:44 PM
Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

I really should be PMing you but let me get this straight:

P.S. There likely won’t be a next year.
Its now or never

Quick Reply: 2018 Jaguar Wild Blueberry Blast