2018 Jaguar Wild Blueberry Blast

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by death1ord
Its now or never

The following 3 users liked this post by Unhingd:
death1ord (05-21-2018), PBBarb (05-23-2018), RickyJay52 (05-21-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 07:09 AM
Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
I really should be PMing you but let me get this straight:

You +1 would arrive in time for dinner Friday night [only] and take part in all activities on Saturday and Sunday? If that’s the case I will make my inquires (to both restaurants we are going to dinner Friday and Saturday) and get back to you. It won’t be until sometime next week - assuming you can wait that long - when I will be seeing the GM and Chef/Owners, respectively, of the places we are going. I’ll see what I can do.

P.S. There likely won’t be a next year.
not sure why my response earlier didn't post...but:

We would definitely make everything on Saturday and Sunday but let's assume we would only make it for a nightcap on Friday as Boston traffic can be pretty insane.

And please no rush on my end -- unless Richard Branson calls me up and invites me to his island, I have nothing else competing for my attention

Old 05-22-2018, 03:42 PM

not sure why my last two attempts didn't post...

we will be definitely there all day Saturday and Sunday but I wouldn't expect to make it for dinner on Friday, probably just a quick nightcap since Boston traffic on Friday can be insane

no rush on my end, just let me know when you figure out limitations

Old 05-23-2018, 06:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,605 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by addict
not sure why my response earlier didn't post...but:

We would definitely make everything on Saturday and Sunday but let's assume we would only make it for a nightcap on Friday as Boston traffic can be pretty insane.

And please no rush on my end -- unless Richard Branson calls me up and invites me to his island, I have nothing else competing for my attention
So what you're saying is Richard Branson is a priority and we aren't? (Please don't bother answering as none of us would blame you. S#%^, if Richard Branson calls me and invites me to his island, the whole event might get called off. NOT!). When I texted you earlier today I was on my island, although I share it with many others.

I'll see if I can twist an arm next week and squeeze you and your girlfriend in. Stand by...

Old 05-23-2018, 07:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

S#%^, if Richard Branson calls me and invites me to his island, the whole event might get called off. NOT!).
Knowing Jay, he'd get us all invited.

The following users liked this post:
RickyJay52 (05-23-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member

All of us or none of us!

Old 05-24-2018, 07:12 AM

So what you're saying is Richard Branson is a priority and we aren't?
wouldn't want to lie to my new friends, yessir.

I'll see if I can twist an arm next week and squeeze you and your girlfriend in. Stand by...
that would be fantastic, looking forward to it

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Knowing Jay, he'd get us all invited.
All of us or none of us!
damn, Audizine didn't have this level of camaraderie

Old 05-24-2018, 09:57 AM
Veteran Member

addict:

You’re in + your girlfriend. (I did a little arm twisting, from afar, and have you and your girlfriend down for all day Saturday and [half day since the event ends] Sunday).

Unless someone cancels, I’m at the limit. Glad I could squeeze you in. (Do you need hotel accommodations? We have a fabulous group rate at Hyatt Place Old Port Portland but I think the block has been used. If you’re interested let me know and I will provide you with the GM’s contact to see if he can squeeze you in at the great rate).

Please e-mail me your T-shirt size.

You’ll also receive a e-mail blast or two to the entire group of attendees.

Unless someone cancels, that should make 18 F-Types both Friday and Saturday.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 05-24-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:11 AM

addict:

You’re in + your girlfriend. (I did a little arm twisting, from afar, and have you and your girlfriend down for all day Saturday and [half day since the event ends] Sunday).
can't wait, thank you for all the legwork!

Unless someone cancels, I’m at the limit. Glad I could squeeze you in. (Do you need hotel accommodations? We have a fabulous group rate at Hyatt Place Old Port Portland but I think the block has been used. If you’re interested let me know and I will provide you with the GM’s contact to see if he can squeeze you in at the great rate).
yeah if you could shoot me the GM's contact over text or email, I'll reach out to him -- if not I'll just book a room there too, not a big deal

Medium

Unless someone cancels, that should make 18 F-Types both Friday and Saturday.
wow that's a good sized group of Jags...I feel like we should place bets on if someone breaksdown

Old 05-24-2018, 12:17 PM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Now I'm even more sad that I can't make it (since you probably aren't doing it again) because not only do I not get to hang out with y'all and meet people in person, but I'm missing out on a t-shirt!

Old 05-24-2018, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by PBBarb
Now I'm even more sad that I can't make it (since you probably aren't doing it again) because not only do I not get to hang out with y'all and meet people in person, but I'm missing out on a t-shirt!
Assuming I have an extra shirt, I’ll make sure you get one. What size?

Old 05-24-2018, 12:39 PM

I was in Atlanta a few weeks ago when I drove home from New Orleans with the car -- I cannonballed and did it straight -- can't say the drive from Atlanta to Boston was particularly enjoyable apart from a detour to run Tail of the Dragon

Old 05-24-2018, 01:10 PM

Assuming I have an extra shirt, I’ll make sure you get one. What size?
I was teasing you, but if you do have an extra medium (I'm assuming unisex/men's sizing) I certainly won't turn it down - just tell me what I owe you.

Old 05-24-2018, 01:14 PM

I was in Atlanta a few weeks ago when I drove home from New Orleans with the car -- I cannonballed and did it straight -- can't say the drive from Atlanta to Boston was particularly enjoyable apart from a detour to run Tail of the Dragon
It's not like the drive from New Orleans to here is great either. I've done that one a few times (not in this car). I've done the drive from here to Dewey Beach, DE a couple of times back when I went to the Greyhounds Reach the Beach event, but that was in a big cushy SUV so not exactly representative of the drive in this. I just have to plan my trips a bit better and couldn't try to make this one this year (I did think about flying up and bumming a ride in someone else's empty passenger seat - assuming there was one), but timing just wouldn't work for me. Y'all will have a blast and I'll just get to hear about it and see whatever pictures are chosen for sharing.

Old 05-24-2018, 01:33 PM
Veteran Member

I was teasing you, but if you do have an extra medium (I'm assuming unisex/men's sizing) I certainly won't turn it down - just tell me what I owe you.
Continental Tire has graciously and generously sponsored our LOGO’d T-shirts the past two years and this year is no different so the cost to you is nada. Nothing but thanks to Continental Tire. I can’t be sure I will have extras but I think I will. I’m extremely proud of the design of the shirt(s) although the first, if only, comment I receive is how soft the shirt is.

I have a few other surprises in store for attendees although “the order” for at least one of them was placed a few weeks ago so 1 or 2 late attendees might be out of luck. Naturally I am not happy about excluding anyone but this is one of those instances which can’t be avoided.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 05-24-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:48 PM
Received 149 Likes on 75 Posts

Lol I just drove from the keys to MA, also hit the tail of the draggon... 😎

Old 05-24-2018, 02:04 PM

It's not like the drive from New Orleans to here is great either. I've done that one a few times (not in this car). I've done the drive from here to Dewey Beach, DE a couple of times back when I went to the Greyhounds Reach the Beach event, but that was in a big cushy SUV so not exactly representative of the drive in this. I just have to plan my trips a bit better and couldn't try to make this one this year (I did think about flying up and bumming a ride in someone else's empty passenger seat - assuming there was one), but timing just wouldn't work for me. Y'all will have a blast and I'll just get to hear about it and see whatever pictures are chosen for sharing.
flying up and bumming a ride probably would have been the way to do it -- not that the drive isn't fun, its just very long....I did it without stopping [apart for fuel and gas station coffee...and once to adjust the headlights] and it was just too much time in the seat without a break

Naturally I am not happy about excluding anyone but this is one of those instances which can’t be avoided.
you won't hear any complains from this party, just gracious for all the organization and behind the scenes work to make this what it is

Originally Posted by Itismejoshy
Lol I just drove from the keys to MA, also hit the tail of the draggon... ��
pics?? it was an epic road -- I started in Texas -- went to New Orleans for the night -- then tail of the dragon and rode the blue ridge parkway north -- then home to Boston.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

damn, Audizine didn't have this level of camaraderie[/QUOTE]

A response to your comment really requires a new thread, but I'll throw in here. A number of recent members have commented on this forum's "disposition".

I have to say that certainly Jay (Rickyjay32) has been a core contributor. I haven't attended the previous rallies, but couldn't pass it up. Haven't meet Jay in person, but he is one gracious individual that I believe has contributed to this comaraderie via his Maine trips and posts to the forums. There are so many others here, from many countries, and I'm sure diverse backgrounds, moderators and members that make this forum what it is (a few flairups not withstanding). It's certainly easy to be unpleasant when your anonymous, but demonstrated here, it's just as easy to be helpful, civil and cordial.

Back to the Blast then...can't wait..although I feel it started when I decided to make the trip. Thanks Jay!

Old 05-24-2018, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member

Thank you jaguny, back at ya. And whether I’m RickyJay32, RickyJay52, or even RickyJay82, I’ve enjoyed the advice, opinions, and, yes, even some of the banter on this Forum - for the most part - for the 3 1/2 years I’ve owned my car.

Additionally, I have several friends made from this Forum who will undoubtedly be lifelong friends. Not bad for social networking considering I don’t do social networking (beyond this Forum).

[re] the Wild Blueberry Blast (and you will all learn that there is a vast difference between “just” blueberries and “wild” blueberries when we visit a wild blueberry farm; which is not open to the general public as no wild blueberry farm is):

And while I’ve laid the groundwork, and continue to do so, for a splendid and special time to be had by all - you will leave the State of Maine with memories which should last a lifetime, even if you don’t get much sleep - I do anticipate that we might have to play certain aspects of it by ear*.

*Given that we’re 17-18 F-Types, I might have to move our departures in the AM up slightly, earlier, to account for the additional time it might take to form our photographic and photogenic parking arrangements; never mind I might have to call an audible at the line of scrimmage.

Lastly, I will absolutely feel bad that a couple of the surprises I have in store for you have already been put in motion**, and that a few of the late comers (attendees) will have to go without. Nevertheless everyone will get a commemorative T-Shirt made exclusively for the 2018 JWBB as well as a few other items included in the swag bag. **Including the swag bag itself.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 05-24-2018 at 10:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
death1ord (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 08:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Please excuse my mis-typings.

Quick Reply: 2018 Jaguar Wild Blueberry Blast