Sponsored by:

2018 Jaguar Wild Blueberry Blast

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 10:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Please excuse my mis-typings.
Your thoughtful words and [always] positive sentiment(s) require no apologies whatsoever.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 05-24-2018 at 10:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jaguny (05-25-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 10:02 AM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

You know, when I first joined this forum, I expected it to be like other car forums I'd joined in the past - I'd lurk, search for specifics and that would be it (maybe the occasional question, but mostly the information I need would already be available). In 2 short months, I've already got a list of many of you I'd love to have a chance to meet in person and y'all have me talking entirely too much (seriously - look at my freaking post count!)! This thread in particular is part of what won me over. I won't list all of you who made me feel welcome and like I'd actually consider the drive up and be sad that I'll miss out on this, but I've told one of you already and I'll just say here in general, I'm happy I found this place and those of you who have made me feel like I belong here and welcomed me and made me not feel like an outsider who just needs to lurk.

Yes, random post, but since this is the thread that started some of this, I'm putting it here and y'all can just deal with it!

ndabunka (06-01-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Much like the Unhinged one, the force is strong in the RickyJay52.

Old 05-25-2018, 01:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by PBBarb
(seriously - look at my freaking post count!)!
Check out mine...not to worry...you'll fit right in.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:20 PM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Check out mine...not to worry...you'll fit right in.
But you've been here longer than I have! Or did you just give me a goal to shoot for?

Old 05-25-2018, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by PBBarb
But you've been here longer than I have! Or did you just give me a goal to shoot for?
I wouldn’t wish that on anybody.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member
Default Time to Bump This Thread Up

Greetings all.

I received an e-mail earlier in the week from our friend Mike O'Rourke - the illustrious GM of Scarborough Jaguar/Land Rover - inviting me to attend a special event at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline, MA this Friday [tomorrow] featuring a "by invitation only" preview of the new Jaguar I-Pace. The inclusion of "food and beverage will be served" iced it for me. Mike then sent a personal and private invite to all those attending the 2018 Jaguar Wild Blueberry Blast. Whatta guy!

Indeed. Mike also informed me this week that not only is Scarborough Jaguar/Land Rover sponsoring (i.e. footing the bill) for our breakfast on Sunday Aug 5 - from an amazing place where I occasionally have breakfast or lunch (like I did today; taking another one for the team) - but they/he is also sponsoring (i.e. footing the bill, sans alcohol) our kick-off at my friends new restaurant called Pizzarino.

There will be a multitude of people to thank for their hospitality helping to make this event what it is (what is it????) but in the meantime I thought that this was an appropriate time to bump this thread up - with a little over one month to blast-off [T-Minus 42 days] - with this wonderful news.

Thank you Mike! (And see you tomorrow.)

jaguny (06-22-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 03:29 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Time to start fasting...

DuhCar (06-21-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 04:06 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DJS
Time to start fasting...
Ain’t that the truth!

Oh, and, get some rest. I have two choices when it comes to planning and hosting an event:

1) Plan a lesuirely laid-back approach where we spend hours upon hours, parked, stroking our cars and each other’s egos.
2) Attempt to provide you with a taste of Maine - literally and figuratively - by visiting a broad spectrum of places of interest in the short amount of time we’re together - no stroking of any kind - at a spirited pace.

If you’ve chosen #1 you’re attending the wrong event.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:09 PM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Couldn't make the Blueberry Run alas, but speaking of Larz Anderson Museum, British Car Day is this coming Sunday the 24th on the lawn at Larz Anderson.
See one or two of you there perhaps?

Old 06-21-2018, 04:26 PM
Received 253 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim F
Couldn't make the Blueberry Run alas, but speaking of Larz Anderson Museum, British Car Day is this coming Sunday the 24th on the lawn at Larz Anderson.
I will probably be there too with a couple of F-Type friends

Old 06-21-2018, 06:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Greetings all.

I received an e-mail earlier in the week from our friend Mike O'Rourke - the illustrious GM of Scarborough Jaguar/Land Rover - inviting me to attend a special event at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline, MA this Friday [tomorrow] featuring a "by invitation only" preview of the new Jaguar I-Pace. The inclusion of "food and beverage will be served" iced it for me. Mike then sent a personal and private invite to all those attending the 2018 Jaguar Wild Blueberry Blast. Whatta guy!

Indeed. Mike also informed me this week that not only is Scarborough Jaguar/Land Rover sponsoring (i.e. footing the bill) for our breakfast on Sunday Aug 5 - from an amazing place where I occasionally have breakfast or lunch (like I did today; taking another one for the team) - but they/he is also sponsoring (i.e. footing the bill, sans alcohol) our kick-off at my friends new restaurant called Pizzarino.

There will be a multitude of people to thank for their hospitality helping to make this event what it is (what is it????) but in the meantime I thought that this was an appropriate time to bump this thread up - with a little over one month to blast-off [T-Minus 42 days] - with this wonderful news.

Thank you Mike! (And see you tomorrow.)

Nice, I live right around the corner from Larz and will look forward to hearing the exhaust notes of your F-Types around the neighborhood.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:51 PM
Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Saturday Itinerary:

6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Paint Ball! [a.k.a “Pain Ball”] Using all our F-Types as cover, we will split into teams competing for “Top Shot”. Winning team will receive bragging rights and a special trophy, made out of the car with the most damage!!!
Jay, is this going to get crazy. Look at the video below. I call Unhingd on my team in that case The video is just perfect. Scroll to past the 6 min mark, it begins somewhere around there.

Last edited by death1ord; 06-21-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:30 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by death1ord
Jay, is this going to get crazy. Look at the video below. I call Unhingd on my team in that case The video is just perfect. Scroll to past the 6 min mark, it begins somewhere around there.

https://youtu.be/7o3H7XDs2yc?t=5m48s
1) I think your car (color) is well suited to this.
2) While I have a lot of respect for Unhingd, I’m afraid he will have a difficult time, clutching, shifting, turning, all the while attempting to shoot. Both you and he are running solo. Of course if one of you were to ride shot-gun, that’s a different story.
3) That terrain is quite similar to what we’ll be driving on when we visit the wild blueberry fields.
4) [re] Choosing sides or picking partners, as host of the event I must abstain and remain neutral.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:46 PM
Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

2) While I have a lot of respect for Unhingd, I’m afraid he will have a difficult time, clutching, shifting, turning, all the while attempting to shoot. Both you and he are running solo. Of course if one of you were to ride shot-gun, that’s a different story.
3) That terrain is quite similar to what we’ll be driving on when we visit the wild blueberry fields.
4) [re] Choosing sides or picking partners, as host of the event I must abstain and remain neutral.
Hahaha ... Very well put sir. Although, I am sure Unhingd might be working on a Mod to catch us all off-guard The only thing I know, irrespective of the team I am on, its going to be awesome and a ton of fun!!!

Old 06-21-2018, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jim F
I'll see you tomorrow!

Alas I am truly sorry you and your lovely wife won't be attending the Wild Blueberry Blast (not "Run") as your attendance last year was most welcome. (Never mind the blueberry cookbook you sent me earlier this year was a very welcome gift. Thank you again for that.)

Oh well, like a few others here, I hope you can live vicariously through whatever images appear in these pages at a later date.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:54 PM
Veteran Member

Hahaha ... Very well put sir. Although, I am sure Unhingd might be working on a Mod to catch us all off-guard The only thing I know, irrespective of the team I am on, its going to be awesome and a ton of fun!!!
There's no telling what The Unhingd One is up to next. I doubt even he knows for sure.

[re] "awesome" and "a ton of fun", I take it that you won't be disappointed and that the [your] anticipation will not exceed the actual experience. On the other hand, in the words of Oscar Wilde, "be careful what you wish for...you might get it."

Last edited by RickyJay52; 06-21-2018 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:27 AM
Veteran Member

Indeed, but alas, I am afraid it will not be deployed in time for the Blast.

Old 06-22-2018, 03:29 AM
Veteran Member

Screw the paint pellet rifle. I'm bringing my paint bucket cannon.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:42 AM
Veteran Member

None of us would put it past you.

Separately, and sadly, we have our first, and hopefully last, cancellation. That potentially opens up a spot for 1 car and 2 people. It’s not like I am actively seeking a replacement - and we will all miss our friend and his wife - but thought you’d like to know.

Quick Reply: 2018 Jaguar Wild Blueberry Blast