F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018MY updated F-Type? - Spy shots, discussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 06:02 PM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits

I was absolutely shocked at how many different things are additional cost a la carte. But the building tool works far better than a few years ago.
Totally agree. In Canada, the 2018 MT is only available as the base model or the R-Dynamic. That R-Dynamic forces a number of upgrades on the buyer - none of which are necessarily bad -- but if they truly wanted to provide a la carte, I would have thought these would not have been forced on buyers.

When I upgraded to the 2018, I took some time to make sure that all the options I was used to (ie passive keyless entry ??? why do I have to pay for this as an "option"??) were included in my new build. Although, to be fair, I was able to drop the "blind spot monitor" -- which was just an annoyance.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:17 AM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by nstanford63
so are they doing a new V8 R coupe???? has anyone heard anything?
yes it's on the config.

i find that it's super annoying that I now have to get the heated windscreen if i want dual zone hvac

Old 12-07-2017, 04:36 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nrwatson
No just changed the name same colour but the name now fits in with land rover
No sorry don’t to the racing red shame they are not the same colours

It is disappointing that the colours are limited on the SVR

Old 12-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ShaunPA
yes it's on the config.

i find that it's super annoying that I now have to get the heated windscreen if i want dual zone hvac
anyway when ordering to get the climate 2 package and leave it out?

Old 01-20-2018, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts
Talking

Just look on the F-Type configurator on Jaguar.USA.. ..the new model is in there already !
It has the 'tube' styled indicators in the headlights..

Old 01-21-2018, 02:57 AM
Received 297 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan_NL
Just look on the F-Type configurator on Jaguar.USA.. ..the new model is in there already !
It has the 'tube' styled indicators in the headlights..
It’s still the 18MY not the 19MY. The configurator is confusing since it shows 19MY prices but does not match the 19MY brochure eg the Colour choices on the configurator are wrong.
UK 19MY brochure
https://www.jaguar.co.uk/Images/Jagu...m91-426707.pdf
UK 19MY prices
https://www.jaguar.co.uk/Images/Jagu...m91-426713.pdf

Old 01-21-2018, 05:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by malbec
It’s still the 18MY not the 19MY. The configurator is confusing since it shows 19MY prices but does not match the 19MY brochure eg the Colour choices on the configurator are wrong.
UK 19MY brochure
https://www.jaguar.co.uk/Images/Jagu...m91-426707.pdf
UK 19MY prices
https://www.jaguar.co.uk/Images/Jagu...m91-426713.pdf
Not surprising. In most past years it has taken until late February or March until the configurator has been updated.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:54 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Currently searching for a F-Type 6-speed of which there isn’t a very wide selection; has anyone heard anything of the I6? I haven’t read any new articles for what seems like a year at this point.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Bellanca_XF
Currently searching for a F-Type 6-speed of which there isn’t a very wide selection; has anyone heard anything of the I6? I haven’t read any new articles for what seems like a year at this point.
Correct, no news on the I6 for ages.
The smart money seems to be on JLR coming out with an I6 turbo petrol to replace the V6 supercharged petrol not long after the contract with Ford to build the V6 and V8 expires in Dec 2020. With any luck and if it does happen it'll push close to 500 HP.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Correct, no news on the I6 for ages.
The smart money seems to be on JLR coming out with an I6 turbo petrol to replace the V6 supercharged petrol not long after the contract with Ford to build the V6 and V8 expires in Dec 2020. With any luck and if it does happen it'll push close to 500 HP.
I did not know that about the V6 contract, I was thinking maybe the next XJ would debut the I6 if not the F-Type. The last article I read said it would come in 3 tunes; 300/400/500hp, though the base one would make the I4 redundant so who knows. I know I can’t wait until 2020 at the earliest for it though.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member
Unhappy

I think the I-6 will never happen. Soon JLR will realise that setting up production for 2 or 3 years until they switch to electric or hydrogen is a bad investment : production numbers will be too low to recover the investment.
Enjoy th V6 / V8, maybe buy a new one if you think petrol will remain readily available after 60-80% of the new cars are electric or hydrogen of hybrid...

Last edited by Dan_NL; 01-21-2018 at 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 01-21-2018, 07:03 PM

I’m hoping you’re wrong, I also don’t think Jaguar is a brand that can completely abandon ICE for electric/hydrogen only. We have yet to see how the I-Pace performs for them.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member

I'm hoping I'm wrong too.. ..just ordered new 4 cylinder...
But I think petrol will be sold at least another ten years, maybe fifteen. Diesel I'm not sure. For private cars diesel could be banned in cities in Europe as soon as 2022...

Also here I hope I'm wrong : still holding on to my D3 from 06 , no DPF...

Old 01-21-2018, 07:16 PM

I think the I-6 will never happen. Soon JLR will realise that setting up production for 2 or 3 years until they switch to electric or hydrogen is a bad investment : production numbers will be too low to recover the investment.
Enjoy th V6 / V8, maybe buy a new one if you think petrol will remain readily available after 60-80% of the new cars are electric or hydrogen of hybrid...
Was
I'm hoping I'm wrong too.. ..just ordered new 4 cylinder...
But I think petrol will be sold at least another ten years, maybe fifteen. Diesel I'm not sure. For private cars diesel could be banned in cities in Europe as soon as 2022...

Also here I hope I'm wrong : still holding on to my D3 from 06 , no DPF...
Congrats on the purchase!! I’m going to hold out until I find a V6 with the stick for the right price but if an I6 does come out with the stick I think I’d have to have that. Here’s to hoping!!

Old 01-21-2018, 07:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

From what I have read JLR have no plans to go "full" electric let alone hydrogen for a long time yet, all they have said is that by 2020 every JLR car will have an electric motor and they have implied that the vast majority of these will be hybrids still with an ICE motor, and most likely "mild" hybrids. A mild hybrid doesn't use the electric motor(s) to drive the car without the ICE, instead it works in parallel with the ICE and uses it/them mainly to power everything else - HVAC, infotainment, lights etc.

Old 01-22-2018, 03:36 AM
Veteran Member

Given the developments in energy storage [ cheaper batteries ] a transition could go fast. The biggest problem has been the grid before, and capacity in powerplants. But if systems like Tesla's home storage [ MB, Nissan, Renault and other offer this too], everybody can cover his/her roof with solarcells and store it as well. Believe me ; I think the global warming is a natural phenomena [ earth just still heats up after the last ice age ]. What worries me is the extinction of forests and jungle. Together with the warming of the sea the production of oxygen is decreasing [ decrease of algae] , meaning sea level rising is not our main concern much longer. We are in a conflict of interest between increasing world population [ hence food demand] and the need to re- forest as much land as possible...
These are deep thoughts for a car forum. Believe me, I am not at all against fossil fuels. Its all a big hoax and everybody in the [real] scientific world nows it all too well. The result is all governments are so much focussed on global warming that oxygen depleetion is beyond them. The crunch will be that inhabitants from lowlands ar forced inland due to sea level rising [ not 20m but maximum of 8m due to gravitation, too far beyond this forum], and the oxygen depleetion driving inhabitants down from the mountains. All populus will concentrate above 12m and below 1800m [estimate]. But it will be at least 50 years from now until this starts to becomes reality. Although all of this are estimates. There are no reliable models for this, Everything stated as facts by the 'global waming mob' is based on models. Models are a simplification of reality, based on a number of KNOWN factors. Also the predictions are EXTRAPOLATIONS from these models, so BEYOND boundaries within which the models were developed. This makes me sceptical about the accuracy in the predictions. Simply said : in the range the model was developed, a relation can appear to by lineair [ for example], while for real its exponential... So I don't believe in global warming caused by human polution, but fear at the same time results of human meddling in nature can be fastly worse from the darkest nightmare scenario...

Last edited by Dan_NL; 01-22-2018 at 03:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jayt2 (01-22-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 09:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

So I don't believe in global warming ....
Good...that concept died years ago. You need to look into climate change.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:00 AM
Veteran Member

@Unhingd. If the old wont sell they rebrand it, but a lemon with another label is still a lemon. Even if they paint it orange..

Old 01-22-2018, 04:08 PM
Received 84 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Bellanca_XF
I’m hoping you’re wrong, I also don’t think Jaguar is a brand that can completely abandon ICE for electric/hydrogen only. We have yet to see how the I-Pace performs for them.
I have this hope as well, but to be honest it is government regulation that is forcing hybridization and electrification. Marchionne and the like can desire never to follow suit in partial electrification, but no OEM to my knowledge has been able to effectively come up with a "key word - profitable" petrol/gas only variant that will meet the staggered strict regulations from world governments. Maybe there are exceptions to that rule.

Old 01-22-2018, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by dmchao
I have this hope as well, but to be honest it is government regulation that is forcing hybridization and electrification. Marchionne and the like can desire never to follow suit in partial electrification, but no OEM to my knowledge has been able to effectively come up with a "key word - profitable" petrol/gas only variant that will meet the staggered strict regulations from world governments. Maybe there are exceptions to that rule.
You've got the only Trump it that game...

Quick Reply: 2018MY updated F-Type? - Spy shots, discussion