F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 R

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 01:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2019 R

Hello all, I just got my R after looking for months. So it appears that my driver seat has an issue. When I take off with speed my seat back pops. It would almost be the sound of something flexing that may have broken best I can tell. It is under warranty and is scheduled to be looked at. Has anyone else had any issues with their seats in this model year? While they are black I would really like to put the newer performance seats in it. I asked my dealer if the seat is damaged and replaced under warranty if they would allow me to pay the up charge for the newer seats. His response was if it needs to replaced they will only replace it as is. Huh

Old 05-04-2022, 02:51 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by s6crappy
Hello all, I just got my R after looking for months. So it appears that my driver seat has an issue. When I take off with speed my seat back pops. It would almost be the sound of something flexing that may have broken best I can tell. It is under warranty and is scheduled to be looked at. Has anyone else had any issues with their seats in this model year? While they are black I would really like to put the newer performance seats in it. I asked my dealer if the seat is damaged and replaced under warranty if they would allow me to pay the up charge for the newer seats. His response was if it needs to replaced they will only replace it as is. Huh

this is the older style seat but just fyi. Some wear but have both sides.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/37371228491...is&media=EMAIL

Old 05-04-2022, 05:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did look for used EBay included. So I realize the new seats are not cheap but does anyone know if the newer performance seats can be ordered from Jaguar for an existing car? Obviously my local dealer would place order if possible. Thx

Old 05-04-2022, 06:31 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by s6crappy
I did look for used EBay included. So I realize the new seats are not cheap but does anyone know if the newer performance seats can be ordered from Jaguar for an existing car? Obviously my local dealer would place order if possible. Thx
I tried to order new seats for our Evoque a few years ago... was told they would have to take them off the assembly line and they were not normally ordered and would be very expensive... will be interesting to see what the dealer does...

The 2019 performance seats are a special design by LEAR corporation for Jaguar and as I'm sure you know are thinner to allow more leg room and have titanium frames... My guess is the dealer could have a good upholstery shop remove the seat back cover and foam cushion on your standard seat, and find what's loose/broken... Your best bet might be to just have custom made leather covers installed over the foam cushions.... here's an example...

https://theseatsurgeons.co.uk/shop/j...type-interior/

also... if you did put in the performance seats you'd also need new seat controllers and door switches to control the 14 way adj... these seats also come with seat cooling as well as the heating and there may be some wiring/connector differences... I have them in saddle tan in my 2019 F-Type and they are great...

Last edited by rtmyers1; 05-04-2022 at 07:14 PM.