Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 06:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,605 Likes on 861 Posts
Default 2020 Jaguar F-Type Ghost Tour. Itinerary + "With Thanks & Gratitude"

2020 Jaguar F-Type Ghost Tour

Thursday Oct 1, 2020

6:00 PM

Kick-Off at Flight Deck Brewing, Brunswick, Maine—named Best Tasting Room in Maine by Down East Magazine—with a Cook’s Takes Flight food truck on the premises as our group settles in for a weekend of satisfying, delicious, and enjoyable activities. Sleep, as usual, optional. www.flightdeckbrewing.com www.cookslobster.com

Friday Oct 2, 2020

8:00 AM

In Oct 2016 Saveur Magazine wrote a piece titled, “Is One of America’s Best Bagels in…Lewiston, Maine?” They were right then but now that Forage Market has a Portland branch also, it’s “double or nothing.”

www.foragemarket.com

10:00 AM

All aboard! All aboard the historic and delightful Maine Narrow-Gauge Railroad. Wanna toot the horn Josh?

https://mainenarrowgauge.org/

11:45 AM

Portland Head Light. Need I say more? I didn’t think so.

https://portlandheadlight.com/what-to-do/the-lighthouse

1:30 PM

How does a 2-hour private charter with Portland Schooner Co. on one of their historic and stunning schooners sound? Lunch, on-board, from The Cheese Iron.

www.portlandschooner.com & www.cheeseiron.com

7:00 PM

A neighborhood favorite for many years—even if it’s not in my neighborhood; although we’ve been coming for years—J.P.’s Bistro is moving, has moved, from Portland to Falmouth; and they’ve done an amazing job recreating the same vibe.

JP's Bistro Portland, Maine

Saturday Oct 3, 2020

7:00 AM

The only question is whether to get bacon and homemade sausage with your Blueberry Pancakes or Eggs Benedict [traditional or with lobster] on Robinhood Meeting House biscuits at Brunswick’s own, Broadway Delicatessen? I know what I do… https://menusinbbt.com/restaurants/b...-delicatessen/

10:30 AM

After breakfast we drive up and spend what promises to be a picture-perfect (fall colors!) visit to Fort Knox Historic Site & Penobscot Narrows Bridge & Observatory. www.fortknoxmaine.com

12:00 Noon

We have to have lunch, don’t we? Of course we do. So we are going to a Castine landmark, MarKel’s Bakehouse.

www.markelsbakehouse.com

8:00 PM

Our destination—worthy of a destination—is Aragosta at Goose Cove on Deer Isle, Maine where we will spend the night and have what promises to be an incredible 9-course tasting menu for dinner. In an amazing location. And…breakfast the next morning.

www.aragostamaine.com

Sunday Oct 4, 2020

6:00 AM (Why not?)

Morning walk/stroll/hike for the early risers in our group.

8:00 AM

Breakfast at Aragosta at Goose Cove

End of 2020 Jaguar F-Type Ghost Tour

(Optional) 11:30/12:00 Noon

It was plainly obvious to me—even back in the day when I actually referred to this as an “Event”, as witnessed by these photos taken during the inaugural 2016 Jaguar Lobster Run—that no visit to Maine is complete without one to iconic L.L. Bean in Freeport, Maine. A nice “pit-stop” on the way out of the Great State of Maine for those so inclined. www.llbean.com

Last edited by RickyJay52; 10-07-2020 at 03:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Phantomf4collector (12-11-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member

The 2020 Jaguar F-Type Ghost Tour would not have been possible without the following—many friends—to whom I give thanks and my gratitude (and, in many cases, my business). I’ve attempted to be brief in my words of accolades but truth be told no words, no adjectives—no pictures, stunning as they may be (and you will be seeing many of those soon)—can adequately do justice or convey what it was we all just actually experienced.

Before the “official” festivities began, we had several early birds arriving so I arranged dinner the night before the entire gang assembled. I decided to bring in Thai food to our home, on our deck, on a spectacular crystal clear fall evening—from one of four of my friend of 22 years Pom Boobphachati’s restaurants—so I picked up a fantastic assortment of authentic and delicious Thai dishes from her Orchid Thai in Falmouth. You’d have to go to Thailand to get better food and even then I’m not so sure. Thank you Pom. www.orchidthaifalmouth.com

Had those arriving early not driven countless miles to get here, in one case over 1,100 miles; one way!—and I just have to give a shout-out to them here and now—I would have taken them to the 2020 Down East Magazine’s Reader’s Poll winner for Best New Restaurant (although not new to us) Water Street Kitchen & Bar in Wiscasset, Maine. Owner/Chef Ed Colburn and General Manager Shane McCarthy knock-it-out-of-the-park with just a stunning—food!, service, setting—manner. Truly a world-class act and as phenomenal a meal as anyone, anywhere, can have. Yes, it is that special. Take a bow gentleman, you definitely deserve it. www.waterstreetmaine.com

P.S. Several on the Ghost Tour stuck around Sunday night so Sunday night we had dinner at…you guessed it…Water Street Kitchen & Bar. And thanks for letting us park in the employee parking lot.

Each “early-bird” came bearing gifts to our house—and I am not a good gift “getter”; but, of course, extremely appreciative—but jaguny really hit it out of the park with not only a stunning arrangement of flowers from Wendy Herrick Floral Designs [& Tuxedo Rentals], in spite of neither he nor his son David wearing one (did I or did I not mention to you, when you texted me “what is the attire this evening?” I replied “tuxedo?”)—but our absolute favorite red and white wines; a 2014 Oddero Barolo and a beautiful 2019 Hermann J. Wiemer Vineyard Riesling from the Finger Lakes Region of NY which jaguny gave every attendee on the Ghost Tour. Molto generoso. http://www.wendyherrickfloraldesigns.com/www.oddero.itwww.wiemer.com

Breakfast the following morning, for our early birds, was at Union in The Press Hotel in Portland and Executive Chef, and my buddy, Josh Berry was personally on hand to make sure everything—including the most incredible Lobster Eggs Benedict (which everyone had with the exception of 1 of us)--- was picture-perfect (it always is here) thanks to his culinary passion, genius, and his total commitment to food. Thanks also to Executive Sous Chef Matt Duley and Director of Food & Beverage Karl McElligott always for their friendship, talents, and hospitality. Kudos and thanks also to the The Press valets who always rock and take such great care of me. www.unionportland.com

Co-Founder and Owner Nate Wildes, who was there sporting our “unofficial” LOGO’d shirt, and Tasting Room Manager Josh Larrabee for giving us the red-carpet treatment—and their lawn to park all our cars—as we kicked off our event at Flight Deck Brewing in Brunswick, Maine under yet another fantastically clear, crisp, and full moon fall night. Located in the former small arms range of the former Brunswick Naval Air Station and named best in Maine tasting room by Down East Magazine, our event took flight here to great and universal acclaim along with outstanding beers and incredible company. www.flightdeckbrewing.com

To say I was pleased to learn Cook’s Lobster & Ale House on Bailey Island was under new ownership would be an understatement. And that was only solidified and magnified after I met owners/husband and wife Jen and Nick Charboneau. To now say that I have been back a few times would also be a terrible understatement and that goes for Cook’s Takes Flight (mobile) which is conveniently located at Flight Deck Brewing and where we had a splendid dinner that night (can you say countless Lobster BLT’s?). Shout-out to Stephen and for cooking up a storm for our crowd. That Jen was there, also wearing one of our shirts, was a special and added bonus. www.cookslobster.com

Attendees received a very nice group rate and VIP treatment for two nights (three in some cases) at Fairfield Inn & Suites in Brunswick, Maine and for that I would like to thank General Manager Jason Greene and Director of Sales Meghan Riley for their exceptional hospitality. www.marriot.com//pwmbw A quick shout-out to my friend and GM Alen Seric at Hyatt Place Portland Old Port for helping me get that great rate.)

Breakfast on Friday morning was at what Saveur Magazine in 2016 rhetorically asked “Is One of America’s Best Bagels in…Lewiston, Maine?” Forage Market. And while the article was referring to their original location in Lewiston it can just as easily apply to their beautiful location in Portland (where we had part of our 2018 Blueberry Blast even before they were officially open to the public) too. Thanks to Allen Smith for having absolutely one of the best bagels in all of America—DJS claimed his Breakfast Sandwich, on a Forage Market bagel of course, was the best he’s ever had--and General Manager Whitney Pelletier for putting on the Ritz; and I’m not talking cracker. www.foragemarket.com

While on the subject of Forage Market, I also would like to give thanks to Maine Craft Distilling, Portland, and Head Distiller/Founder Luke Davidson for allowing us to use their fabulous outdoor and tented area in the back of Forage Market (which remains closed to the public for obvious reasons) for our bagel breakfast. Super nice of them to provide that space and allowing us to use the…eh…facilities and added thanks to Allen for making that happen (and doing such a spectacular job of “catering” to us). www.mainecraftdistilling.com

All aboard! Who would not get excited hearing those words? We certainly were upon boarding the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad in Portland. Thanks to Director Wesley Heinz for arranging this wonderful and enjoyable visit. And for allowing our very own Josh to not only toot the train whistle but ride up front on the outgoing trip up with the engineer Fred. Talk about making someone happy. 45 minutes extremely well-spent. Toot toot. www.mainenarrowgauge.org

No visit to Maine is complete without a visit to the most iconic, most visited if not photographed lighthouse, in the world, Portland Head Light in Fort Williams Park, Cape Elizabeth, Maine. So, we did. A huge thank you, once again, to Museum Director Jeanne Gross and her staff for arranging such a very special visit. Flowers are on the way. www.portlandheadlight.com

If you think taking an 88-foot schooner, named Wendameen (one of 3 historic schooners owned by Portland Schooner Co.)—designed by famed yacht designer John Alden and built in East Boothbay, Maine in 1912--in and around Portland harbor is special…well…that is exactly the way each of us felt during day-2 of our festivities. Thanks to owner Michelle Thresher and her outstanding crew—watching them work and hoist the massive sails was a marvel--for a most memorable sail. www.portlandschooner.com

Lunch onboard Wendameen came from the one and only The Cheese Iron—owned by long-time friends, the finest cheesemongers I know, and husband and wife Vincent Maniaci & Jill Dutton—and a more tasteful, literally and figuratively, lunch we could not have asked for. Mille grazie Vincenzo and Jill. www.www.thecheeseiron.com

Speaking of one and only and the standard by which all bakeries should be measured by—although few do—we had Standard Bakery’s signature and famous Lemon Tarts as complimentary dessert (for the fourth year in a row) onboard Wendameen courtesy of my dear friends, owners and husband and wife Matt James & Alison Pray. We thank and salute you both, even with sticky fingers. www.standardbakingco.com

A quick thanks and a shout-out to all my friends—including the Commander, Sector Northern New England Captain Brian J. LeFebvre —of the United States Coast Guard for being there, figuratively and literally. They are always ready—Semper Paratus—and always have our backs. Sorry; our bows, sterns, ports and starboards. A more outstanding group of women and men I have rarely, if ever, met. www.uscg.mil

You would think that after an extremely satisfying breakfast, lunch and dessert that one might, might, want to skip dinner? Not on my watch. Not when we had reservations at J.P.’s Bistro in Falmouth where one never, ever, leaves less than fully satisfied—“fully” being the operative word. And, of course, absolutely delicious. Thank you, J.P. and Teri,—and her famous “Teri’smisu”—and the entire staff for a perfect dinner to cap a perfect, full, day-2. www.jpsfalmouth.com

There aren’t many places who would open an hour earlier than they normally do—never mind breakfast was on Saturday morning at 7:00 AM (you read that right, 7)—to accommodate us but, then again, I’ve been going to Broadway Delicatessen and friends with owner Nancy Bigelow and her entire fantastic family for as long as I’ve been in Maine; 22 years. And she is still talking to me! Love you Nancy and your whole family. Even Jess. Fantastic breakfast—fantastic sun-drenched morning--as always. https://www.facebook.com/pages/categ...1241651930701/

After our extremely satisfying, and early, breakfast we drove about two hours to an extremely satisfying, and beautiful, “must-see”; Fort Knox Historic Site & Penobscot Narrows Bridge & Observatory. Words cannot describe the special time we had there. And while Director Dean Martin will not getting flowers from me—truth be told, he’s such an AMAZING guy he deserves them---he does get our profound thanks for providing us with an incredible VIP visit. Pictures simply will not do justice to our time here. www.fortknoxmaine.com

The 2020 Jaguar F-Type Eating….I mean Ghost Tour continued it’s way up to our eventual destination (see below) taking in several extremely picturesque stops along the way (see above), but first we just had to stop at MarKel’s Bakehouse–-a landmark in Castine, Maine—for a picturesque, delicious, perfectly timed (of course) and needed lunch. Thank you owners/husband and wife Mark & Kelly Sawyer—and the entire staff—for allowing us to visit and for taking such exceptional care of us. www.markelsbakehouse.com

After lunch and a quick but breath-taking pit-stop at Caterpillar Hill Scenic Overlook, we stopped at the one-of-a-kind Nervous Nellies Jams and Jellies. While the phrase “one-of-a-kind” tends to be overused including by me, not here. Between the hand-made jams (and jellies) and Peter Beerits’s wondrous and stupendous sculptures—one of the owners, his lovely wife Anne being the other—no one on the Ghost Tour will soon forgot our stop here. www.nervousnellies.com

If one is driving 3 hours for a destination, one would expect that that destination is worthy of a drive, especially since all attendees had already driven hundreds if not thousands of miles. I knew exactly what to expect at Aragosta at Goose Cove, Deer Isle, Maine and that is a level of excellence, accommodations, cuisine and views—the very definition of “picture postcard”--which will not soon be forgotten, or experienced, by any of us. Chef/Owner Devin Finigan outdid herself (not sure how that is possible since her stellar reputation precedes her)—dinner was exquisite (an astonishing 9-course tasting menu which was as incredible a dining experience which I have ever had) as was breakfast the following morning. Her entire staff--General Manager & Wine Director Matthew Spector and Accommodations & Events Manager (and we were an event) Dan Marchese---went over-the-top to make us feel welcome; including allowing me to park the car I was driving on their lawn, front and center of the restaurant. Liz and I plan to return. Soon. Massive thanks and love to my dear friend Wendy Polstein for recommending Aragosta in the first place. www.aragostamaine.com

The following is a list of items which I acquired for all attendees to enhance and celebrate the 2020 Jaguar F-Type Ghost Tour. In ALL cases it consists of products which my wife Liz and I buy all the time and for our personal use. No person or place is owed anything except your thanks and no promises of any kind have been made. In my opinion they simply represent the very best of its kind; otherwise it would not be here. I did not pay for any of this nor I did receive any renumeration. The sole goal is to turn you on to something you might not be familiar with and/or to pay it forward. Always pay it forward. In no particular order:

2020 Jaguar F-Type Ghost Tour Performance-Oriented Long Sleeve Shirt sponsored, for the fourth time, by Continental Tire. Why Continental Tire? All 4 of my automobiles are shod with superb Continental Tires and I’m a fan. There’s your reason. [And whenever I get a fifth automobile—just don’t tell Liz—that too will be on Continental]. We now have 75 logo-emblazoned shirts [actually, that number is 100 but that’s a longer story] with your and Bangor Savings Bank logo’s rocking the streets of many cities of the world, including NYC, Great Britain, and Canada. (That includes many of the people wearing them at many of the places we visited). Also, thank you very much Sean and for the uber cool 2018 IMSA racing full field signed Continental shirt I “raffled” off to those F-Types who did not sport Continental Tires. Just my idea of Marketing 101. I just hope the winner, our very own Selman, remembers that the next time he needs tires. www.continentaltire.com

Ghost Pepper Salt from Gryffon Ridge Spice Merchants. All our spices come from Gryffon Ridge and when I learned that they have Ghost Pepper Salt—made from pure sea salt and the infamous Bhut Jolokia pepper (Ghost Chile)—I had to have some. I gifted gifted Chef Berry from Union a jar who used it on my Lobster Eggs Benedict Thursday morning. Thank you, Christine Pistole, for providing all of us with flavor and heat. www.gryffonridge.com

Hand Sanitizer from Hardshore Distilling Company. Yes, the same Portland, Maine distilling company who makes one of our favorite Gins has been making hand sanitizer for several months now and since we can never have enough hand sanitizer on, no pun intended (OK, maybe), hand—never mind now—thank you Jordan Milne. I had to inform all attendees what Jordan told me along with the case he gave me, “treat it like gasoline, as it’s highly flammable.” But effective I would add. JUST DON’T DRINK IT! (Or use it for gasoline.) www.hardshoredistilling.com

While on the subject of “hands”, as much as I love what I consider to be the enjoyable and sensual experience of cleaning or detailing my cars I always wear protective gloves while doing so. And my glove of choice—the only one I use--is Get-A-Grip “High Performance Examination Grade Nitrile Gloves with Diamond Pattern Technology”. All I know is I love and use them for everything automotive-related and then some. And thanks to Summit Glove, who makes Get-A-Grip, each attendee was provided with sample packs (4 to a pack) in L and XL. 50 packs of each were sent and given out. www.getagripseries.com

Invisible Glass from Stoner Solutions. Whether on my cars or on my homes—both our house in Maine and in Mexico (yes, I actually bring them with me) Invisible Glass—Residue Free Glass Cleaner and safe on tinted glass—is THE ONLY glass cleaner I ever use. Period, full stop. www.invisibleglass.com

ICE Seal N Shine & ICE Spray Wax from Turtle Wax. Practically by accident I came across a review, or two, followed by a video, or two, about both these products—their “Improved formula”--and while I am not usually swayed by anything other than personal experience I did go out and buy both. I was so floored by the results—as well as how beautifully they went on and came off (used sparingly and one section at a time…and you should always read the instructions)—that I promptly bought 7 more bottles. If that’s not endorsement enough I do not know what is. I’m sold. And thanks to Turtle Wax, each attendee received a bottle of each. Fabulous stuff. I did, separately—and each attendee is on their own for this—buy their ICE Spray Detailer since that’s exclusively used as a quick detailer. Who knew Turtle Wax was so au courant and, can I say, state-of-the-art? Now you do. www.turtlewax.com

2020 Jaguar F-Type Ghost Tour Stickers [featuring my very “unofficial” design] courtesy of Marko & Tamela Bourne for the fifth time—in six events—which provides each of us with a nice touch and je ne sais quoi. Thank you, Marko and Tamela and for providing me with enough to pass out liberally.

2020 Jaguar F-Type Ghost Tour L.L. Bean Boat Tote Bags—beautifully embroidered with our “unofficial” LOGO as well as that of Scarborough Jaguar/Land Rover—part of the Goodwin Motor Group—and General Sales Manager Ronald McIntyre. Unfortunately, and for the first time in 4 “posted” events, L.L. Bean could not provide us with their always-popular L.L. Bean Boat Tote Bags for free this year. Stepping in to fill that gap comes my dealer—the best I’ve ever had; and I’ve had many over the years—without hesitation. Every attendee’s wife, since everyone tells me their wives confiscate them—including yours apparently—thanks you Ron & Co. Also, thanks to Jason Tropp, Director of Marketing & IT at Scarborough J/LR for starting the ball rolling on these bags. www.jaguarme.com

Speaking of L.L. Bean, let’s give a shout-out to this most iconic Maine retailer as well as the President’s Office and the Executive Assistant to the President for putting me in touch with their business-to-business people who helped me to make those smashingly good looking bags…and for reserving/blocking one of their parking lots—as they have in the past—exclusively for our F-Types. Now that’s what I call brilliant customer service. www.llbean.com

Justin AlleyParts Manager at Scarborough Jaguar/Land Rover—for the cool and fantastically useful, which I use all the time, 100% Cotton JAG BAG’s everyone on the tour received. Thank you Justin. www.jaguarme.com

Bangor Savings Bank for generously sponsoring our dinner—sans alcohol of course--@ J.P.’s Bistro, Falmouth. Hands-down the best bank I have ever used (and I’m from NYC…home of countless, nameless, banks) and one of the most thoughtful, generous and wonderful people I know, my friend and President/CEO Bob-Montgomery-Rice. Thank you very much BMR and BSB!!! www.bangor.com

I’ve known and been friends with the lovely Sarah Richards, the owner of Homegrown Herb & Tea in Portland, for almost as long as the tea shop has been in business, 14 years. Going there has always been a welcome respite, although I’ve never ordered tea there. Why? Simply because I always leave it to Sarah to provide me with the perfectly mixed—on the spot--and brewed tea and I have never ever been disappointed. So when I mentioned, in passing, that we were having this get-together she generously offered to make up some samples—”The Jaguar Cup Blend”—for each of our attendees to enjoy. Any and all of which makes the perfect cup or pot of tea but delightful, mail-order, gift. Someone will thank you. www.homegrownherbandtea.com

You know…one day we won’t have to wear a mask. So I thought it might be nice to gift—yes, I paid for them--not only each attendee but many of the people and places we went to, including some friends and family members, so I had 75 of these 22” X 22” American-made 100% Cotton Bandana’s produced by Bandana’s Online. www.bandanasonline.com

And, finally, a few words of personal thanks:

As always, to my wife Liz for putting up with me.

To General Sales Manager of Scarborough Jaguar/Land Rover Ron McIntyre 1) for his hospitality every time I come into the dealership for whatever reason; everyone at Scarborough treats me like a VIP. 2) for giving each attendee a metal dealer badge—in all my years of car ownership, I’ve never ever had a dealer put their sticker on but this is entirely different and quite beautiful IMO. I’ll post a photo of it at a later date; and after this post pops up on the F-Type forum. 3) providing me with a stunning 2019 white with tan interior Jaguar F-Type P380 convertible to use throughout our event so that I can lend my car to our friend, attendee, and sponsor Sean McDermaid, Director of Sales for Continental Tire, who I thank for attending along with his lovely wife Heidi. Thanks too for Ron and Scarborough Jaguar/Land Rover Business Manager and my dear friend Debbie Frend for attending the kick-off at Flight Deck Brewing Co. Shout-outs to Service Manager Dan Babb—Dan is the man!—and his outstanding Service Advisors Brian Copeland and Lisa Donahue.

I imported, at great expense, not one but two Doctors to have with us to make sure we stayed on the straight and narrow, even if the road curved; Dr. Justin Held for our physical well-being and Dr. Christine Muller-Held for our mental well-being. Thank you to both for making the trip and for the splendid “Fiona” ornament which you had planned to give out at the 2020 Queen City Run.

To our friend Mike O’Rourke—who was sadly unable to join us—who provided me with the extraordinary recommended itinerary and suggestions for our Saturday drive up to Deer Isle. YOU made the Saturday drive as spectacular as it was. Fabulous choices all. Roads and all. We all missed you Mike, no one more than me.

To all our men and women in blue. While I did not reach out to many of my friends in law enforcement as I have in the past, I would like to thank the Portland Police Department as well as the South Portland Police Department for their valued assistance in getting us from “Point A to Point B”, as well as my very own Brunswick Police Department for stopping traffic after we departed Broadway Deli. Thank you for what you do each and every day.

Hats off and a big thank you to my friend John Peverada who helped arrange getting all our cars parked together, safely, and beautifully—waterfront no less—for our schooner and train ride in Portland. No easy feat but, then again, John IS the man!

Last but not least, to all the intrepid Ghost Tourers who drove many, many miles to join me, and to those who intended on attending but due to “life” did not (boxes are on the way gentlemen), on this unique adventure during this most extraordinary year (everyone acting appropriately and responsibly--everyone with the exception of that jerk in the 2019 white with tan interior F-Type P380 convertible who will not be invited back)--and made this event* a pleasure to organize.

Thank you all very much,

Jay

*The…last…event.

P.S. There very well may be an omission or two I’ve made here and I will correct and/or clarify it as it becomes necessary and/or apparent.

Last edited by GGG; 10-09-2020 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member

When it comes to this forum, GGG is.

Thank you very much Graham for making this thread look exactly as I intended. I will now (when I get the chance) post just a few photos from this event—I intentionally did not take many as I knew our trusted friend, attendee of all 6 of my events, and “official” photographer DJS would be covering most of the bases and shots. That and I was pretty busy doing...well...everything else. Others too will be joining in and adding to DJS’s DropBox which is sure to appear in these pages soon.

Unfortunately many of you will not be seeing some of the pictures taken for reasons which are better left unspoken or unwritten. And I will leave it at that.

Best regards,
RJ52

GGG (10-06-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 996 Likes on 746 Posts

My hat is off to you for pulling this together. You certainly packed it as full as can be. I've only been to Maine once, and this reminds me of how beautiful it is.

Old 10-06-2020, 11:30 AM
Veteran Member

It came together quite nicely and provided attendees with memories to last a lifetime—at least that was and always has been my intention—in spite of a few of our “usual suspects” unable to attend. I operate under the premise if these people drive hundreds and thousands of miles to attend one of my events, I owe it to them to show them an extraordinary time. And, this event was actually a bit more relaxed than previous events I’ve hosted although sleep was, as usual, in very short supply. Nevertheless it’s in the bag and I am just now—literally now—starting to come up for air.

I’ll post just a few pictures today here and there and then leave the rest fo DJS and others.

Taken from the International Space Station? Not quite but the top of the amazing Observatory at Fort Knox Historic Site & Penobscot Narrows Bridge

It’s not the Dirty Dozen but the Clean Dozen at Broadway Deli before our drive up towards Deer Isle.

A “lucky” 13 were at the “official” kick-off on Thursday night (several early birds arrived on Wednesday) at Flight Deck Brewing Co. with the addition of the GM Ron McIntyre and Business Manager Debbie Frend of Scarborough Jaguar/Land Rover in attendance.

You might have to enlarge it to see but how’s this for a First Class 9-Course Tasting Menu at the EXTRAORDINARY Aragosta @ Goose Cove in Deer Isle, Maine? Even without the very “unofficial” LOGO printed on the menu.

The following 3 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
Itismejoshy (10-08-2020), Mbourne (10-06-2020), Phantomf4collector (12-11-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 11:36 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,123 Likes on 1,418 Posts

More later, but here’s a link to my Dropbox, with 308 photos and a few videos. Enjoy! I sure the hell did, and will continue to do so.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h4ns9ozs9...icKnD7qia?dl=0

Jay usually exceeds expectations, not because our expectations are low (not a chance), but as I told him, “Jay goes to 11.”

The following 3 users liked this post by DJS:
GGG (10-06-2020), Itismejoshy (10-08-2020), Mbourne (10-06-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 01:11 PM
Veteran Member

11! Out of 100?!!!

I’m sure there are those—“by-standers”—who would love to fire a cannon at that car. Thankfully I wasn’t driving it.

While not as impressive as my parking my car on the lawn of the Winslow Homer Studio on Prouts Neck, Maine—trust me, it’s massively impressive—this ain’t too shabby.

I wish I could take credit for this shot—I guess I can (Selman won’t mind)—which pretty much epitomizes what the Great State of Maine is all about.

I’ll leave the rest of the photos to the rest of the group. Enjoy.

Best regards,
Nigel

DJS (10-07-2020), Itismejoshy (10-08-2020), Phantomf4collector (12-11-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 01:27 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,499 Likes on 1,130 Posts

Sounds like Jay starts at 11!

Old 10-06-2020, 05:27 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

Some favorites (also appearing in the Dropbox)...

The Head Ghost making a brief announcement

2016-2017 are on the other side

Masks were removed briefly for photo purposes, for those wondering

Don't worry...

...we're among friends

Portland

Very nice gift from Continental Tire

Breakfast at the Broadway Deli (outdoors) as the sun comes up - what could be better?

I didn't know the Penobscot Narrows Bridge existed 'til we drove up to it.

Pigeon's eye view

I'll have what they're having.

The Maine Maritime Academy's training vessel

Note the critter checking out the cars

Last edited by DJS; 10-06-2020 at 05:41 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by DJS:
GGG (10-07-2020), Itismejoshy (10-08-2020), Mbourne (10-07-2020), NavyBlue (10-08-2020), Phantomf4collector (12-11-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 08:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 601 Likes on 413 Posts

Great event...GREAT pics!

Ichi Ban (10-12-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 08:40 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

Forgot one of my favorites...

Yellow and green highlights are reflections from fall foliage

The following 5 users liked this post by DJS:
ferrral (10-07-2020), Itismejoshy (10-08-2020), Jim F (10-08-2020), Mbourne (10-06-2020), Unhingd (10-07-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 11:28 AM
Received 77 Likes on 49 Posts

Looks like an amazing time. Envious!

Old 10-07-2020, 02:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW ! Looks like a great time . I wish they had events like this near me : )

Old 10-07-2020, 02:10 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,499 Likes on 1,130 Posts

Originally Posted by Gray Knight
WOW ! Looks like a great time . I wish they had events like this near me : )
You're a lot closer than I am!

Old 10-07-2020, 02:32 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

When you say ‘they’, this is a highly motivated individual who put it all together. Most of us met on this very forum. Take it as inspiration, and run with it...

The following 4 users liked this post by DJS:
GGG (10-08-2020), Ichi Ban (10-12-2020), Itismejoshy (10-08-2020), Mbourne (10-08-2020)
Old 10-08-2020, 06:26 AM
Veteran Member

Very well said Dave, although Liz—at times—might question how highly motivated I am about taking out the garbage. She knows I have two speeds, on and off.

Here are but a few other photos DJS doesn’t have:

The studio—which was off-limits for our tour (but not me)—of Peter Beerits at Nervous Nellies, on Deer Isle. A genius!

I gifted our logo’d emblazoned bandana’s throughout the tour. Making sure they sat straight was out of my control. (Although I tried).

Nice shirt. Not only was the Observatory at Fort Knox Historic Site and Penobscot Narrows Bridge “over-the-top” but so too is its Director Dean Martin. Fabulous guy!

Director of Sales for Continental Tire Sean McDermaid taking pictures of all the cars to determine who is on Continental Tires and who is on anything else.

Itismejoshy (10-08-2020), Mbourne (10-08-2020), Phantomf4collector (12-11-2020)
Old 10-08-2020, 06:37 AM
Veteran Member

Cars schmars. No event I would be hosting would be lacking in amazing food.

Lobster Eggs Benedict at Union in The Press Hotel, Portland. Yeah, as amazing as it looks. I even had Executive Chef Berry sprinkle some Ghost Pepper Salt—which I gifted him—from Gryffon Ridge Spice Merchants on mine.

Lobster BLT at Cook’s Takes Flight, located at Flight Deck Brewing Co., Brunswick. (I took the tops off just to take the photo).

“Everything” bagel—open face—with chive cream cheese at Forage Market, Portland.

Crab-stuffed mushrooms at J.P.’s Bistro, Falmouth.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 10-08-2020 at 12:32 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
Itismejoshy (10-08-2020), Phantomf4collector (12-11-2020)
Old 10-08-2020, 06:48 AM
Veteran Member

You want more? I’ll give you more.

Fish Chowder at MarKel’s Bakehouse, Castine.

Wild Blueberry pancakes with house-made sausage “built” into the batter with, of course, real Maine maple syrup, at Broadway Delicatessen, Brunswick.

Littleneck clams over linguine at Water Street Kitchen & Bar, Wiscasset.

3 fantastic hand-roll sushi from Mr. Tuna, Brunswick. Sorry. That was lunch yesterday.

And these merely scratch the surface of what those on the Ghost Tour had to enjoy.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 10-08-2020 at 07:07 AM.
Itismejoshy (10-08-2020)
Old 10-08-2020, 07:03 AM
Veteran Member

Just a few more DJS doesn’t have (at least I don’t think he does).

My picture of DJS taking a picture of Nancy Bigelow & crew at Broadway Deli, Brunswick.

Taken just before I decided to rob these passengers on the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad, Portland.

Beautiful drone shot of Tamela & Marko Bourne at Portland Head Light, Cape Elizabeth.

Itismejoshy (10-08-2020), Mbourne (10-08-2020), Phantomf4collector (12-11-2020)
Old 10-08-2020, 09:47 AM
Received 149 Likes on 75 Posts

Finally getting a few minutes to catch up on the after glow of another amazing weekend! Like everyone, i can not thank Jay or any of the "sponsors & venues" enough, its just not possible. If you have never been to a "Jay" event your ability to comprehend the amount of adventure experienced will inherently be skewed. We show up after a long drive (some of us 10+hrs) to an always fabulous location and from that moment on are treated like celebrities. The visited locations are always exquisite, the activities are bucket-list status, the food is out of this world, and the people involved become lifetime friends. We all hear at every event Jay repeat over and over how this is "his pleasure" and "really no work at all" fully knowing that this is 100% the mastermind of a talented individual putting in hours and hours of time and calling in many favors he has likely been saving for years. Between the police escorts, the pre-established parking for 15+ cars (photoshoot status every time), the dinning arraignments, the "off limit to the public" places we visit, and overall quality of everything we do it must be "his pleasure" as i don't believe anyone else could make this level of greatness happen. I am to the point of planning my other vacations/trips around this event, and i know this is the "LaSt oNe" but i am already looking forward to the first emails about getting together next year. All of this is why thanking Jay and everyone involved feels underwhelming, what i can do however is rave to all my friends/family and on all the google reviews hoping that in someway my account of how gracious all of these people/places we have been will help directly impact their futures. To another Jay-Maine trip

The following 5 users liked this post by Itismejoshy:
AaronLin (10-11-2020), jaguny (11-08-2020), Jim F (10-11-2020), Mbourne (10-08-2020), Phantomf4collector (12-11-2020)

Quick Reply: 2020 Jaguar F-Type Ghost Tour. Itinerary + "With Thanks & Gratitude"