2021 Front License Plate Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2023, 12:10 AM
Cgo
Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump
I *highly* recommend the Sto-N-Sho front license plate bracket:

https://stonsho.com/collections/f-ty...ept-svr-sns139

There is already a bolt dead center under the front splitter, so you just take off the one bolt, put the bracket receiver under the splitter and then reinstall the bolt. Mount your plate to the frame and then keep it in your hatch (or install it on the front of the car if you really want to). Should you get stopped, you can just say you took it off for washing and forgot to put it back and you can offer to put it back while you're stopped on the side of the road. It takes less than 10 seconds to insert the plate/bracket into the receiver to give you a front plate again. It's an ingenious design, excellent quality, and--most importantly--preserves the nose of your F-Type from the hideous front plate. MA has a similar law and I've yet to have my Sto-N-Sho plate on the car and I've never been stopped for it. But if I am, I can fix it in seconds.
this! This is what i use on my 21 R. Works great and i use it at all speeds with no rattle. I just check the tightness of the bolt periodically that holds the sto braket in place. The 3m tape is a bit iffy, but that just keeps it from getting crooked since it's held on my a single bolt.

The following users liked this post:
Portlander (12-04-2023)
Old 12-04-2023, 11:10 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've also got the Sto and Sho and It is indeed a 10 second job to stick it in place. I keep it in the storage space under the trunk floor just in case I get pulled over. But I don't think it will ever happen as I have never put the front license plate on my 2007 Infinity M45, so 16 years of ownership and never a problem with CHP.

Old 05-13-2024, 06:24 PM
Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TigerJag1987

I'm late to this post, but I found an easier method - use needle nose pliers to break all the outer retaining points on the bracket, then unscrew the outer bracket until the rear retaining bolt loosens. Then use your needle nose pliers to turn the bolt by grabbing the threads. After a few turns, you should be able to maneuver the back "wing" of the bracket that is behind the grille face to a horizontal position and work it out through the grille. I couldn't figure out how to get a wrench behind the honeycomb without scratching it - as long as you intend to toss the brackets, this is a good 10 minute operation.
What exactly are the "outer retaining points" that you're referring to? I just bought a car with these dreaded things installed and I'm aching to take them off.