F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Jaguar [F-Type] Magical Mystery Tour; Itinerary & “With Thanks & Gratitude”

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 10:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

Here, GGG is.

So added to my “With Thanks & Gratitude” is mine to GGG—my dear friend—for making sure this thread looks as good as it does because without him, it surely wouldn’t.

I will be posting an Addendum/Epilogue to wrap things up soon.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 10:37 AM
Received 101 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Prince? Hardly. But thank you for the compliment.

My beautiful wife, at Saturday’s breakfast, was telling someone how much she loves the children our neighbors next door have—I actually gifted the not even 3 year old boy one of the Jaguar Racing shirts which, while a little big, looks fantastic on him—and ended her comment with, “I love children, that’s why I married Jay”. I couldn’t let that comment rest—and there were many of them along that vein during our 5 days together, and informed everyone of it during one of my dreaded announcements.

So, no, thank you, not a Prince. Not even a man according to my wife. (There IS a reason she calls me “JayBoy”).

Maybe a Wizard? Yeah, that’s it. And I have an incredible hand-knitted hat—more on that later—to prove it.

Some final comments to come….
Last night I posted that it was a "badass tour", and then today I see the Captain's log you posted along with the additional pictures, and now I'm just stunned and amazed at the awesome adventure you put together, well done sir!

RickyJay52 (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member
Default Addendum/Epilogue

Some random thoughts and musings…

I suspect that all those in attendance will agree with me that no matter how fabulous any of the photographs you’ve seen or will see—DJS will undoubtedly be posting a DropBox with many more—it simply cannot compare and/or do justice for the actual experience in being there. Not even close. Plus, due to the nature of the “Magical Mystery Tour” you will not be seeing some of what we did…and we’ll just have to leave it at that.

The winner of the beautiful driving shoes/sneakers from GrandPrixOriginalsUSA was none other than our very own jaguny.

The winner of the gorgeous “Car Art” from Linear Edge was—accepting sheepishly as he felt he didn’t deserve to be in the drawing; he’s a Porsche guy but I felt he deserved to be included in the drawing—was none other than the Director of Sales for Continental Tire Sean. I hope that Linear Edge still produces an F-Type version as I am sure it will be a big hit! I’m sure they will.

The winner of 4 brand new Continental Tires was none other than Portlander and his stunning SVR. A new convert!

I have to once again give a very special shout out to Mbournes wife Tamela who hand-knitted ALL those amazing hats. They not only came in handy during our nights at Aragosta @ Goose Cove (just a magnificent place) but was a most welcome gift to practically everyone we came across during all 5 days of our event. We were all blown away by her talents and generosity. We bow to you Tam.

Every attendee showed their appreciation for my efforts in various ways—including a number of very generous displays of gratitude by footing the bill for various lunches and dinners (you know who you are)—and I have to give one very special shout-out to [1%er] jaguny for spear-heading a most extraordinary gift to me. I wish I could regale you with the entire story the way he told it so beautifully (one for the books) and he enlisted other attendees to get it made (I’m just disappointed he didn’t ask me to contribute) and it’s THE most stunning custom-made leather jacket—along with hand-made/sewn patches of each past event (with room for two more? Isn’t 7 enough?)—imaginable and I will wear and cherish it for a very long time. Here are the close up shots of the patches:

The attention to detail and the craftsmanship of this leather jacket is over-the-top which, if you think about it, was exactly what this event was.

My thanks to all attendees for coming.

Sincerely,
Jay “Ride On The Coattails Of The Devil”

Last edited by RickyJay52; 09-07-2021 at 03:13 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
Mbourne (09-07-2021), Portlander (09-07-2021), scm (09-07-2021), SVR 575 (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 11:52 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 1,122 Posts

I'm usually quite happy I live in England, but - just sometimes - something comes along that makes me wonder ....

The following 2 users liked this post by scm:
RickyJay52 (09-07-2021), SVR 575 (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 12:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

Our Swag bags. All donated by wonderful companies Jay has already listed. It’s really not about the stuff, but it’s the goodness of those who appreciate this car and the fellowship of these events. Thank goodness that Jay no longer has to store this stuff in his spare bedroom.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mbourne:
Portlander (09-07-2021), RickyJay52 (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for posting that Marko. I thought I would post a close up or two of those beautiful L.L. Bean made—Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough paid—Stowaway Duffle and Stowaway Day-Pack:

Portlander (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 05:25 PM
Veteran Member
Default Linear Edge “Car Art”

After sending an e-mail introduction to both Sean from Continental Tire and Russell from Linear Edge, Russell congratulating Sean on his “win”, he then added, “Jay, when we finish up a couple of projects with some race teams we are working on, the F-Type is next”.

Awesome news.

The following 2 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
GGG (09-07-2021), Mbourne (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 09:01 PM
Received 447 Likes on 241 Posts

The 2021 JFMMT cannot be described in words. Well, Jay just posted 21,621 of them, but he missed the point. The point is the food. No, that's not it. The point is the cars. Nope, not it either. The point is the driving. Nope, that ain't it. The point is the scenery. Sorry, try again. The point is all the abundance of sleep everyone gets. Um, fail. The point is the ridiculous swag. *Bzzzzz* wrong. The point is the people. Eureka!!!! THAT'S IT!

Now that being said, here are a bunch of 2nd rate cell phone photos (almost) completely devoid of people. Enjoy!

Save room for some "stuff" Jay says. Well I hope "stuff" equals a stick of gum, a book of matches, and a fart:

Everyone already posted a bunch of 2021 JFMMT memorable collector's edition swag, but somehow forgot the most delicious one:

Did someone say 'how can we outdo ourselves with each course?' Probably not, but let's try anyway:

Assorted riff-raff:

I drew these with an 8-bit Commodore 64:

Looks eerily similar to two members who shall remain nameless late at night launching side-by-side from a red light on Route 1 in Brunswick:

Parking enforcement had a field day. We single-handedly doubled the budget for Fiscal Year 2022:

You'd be amazed how much a good loogie looks like a Rorschach when it hits the hood from this height:

Just a normal Thursday morning at the Brunswick Mickey D's Drive-Thru:

Y'all will see this photo about 21 more times. But it's worth it

If M. Night Shyamalan, Stephen King, and Elvira had a LCD-laced three-way and produced a 5-acre love child:

Seriously, I now have to sleep with the night light on:

I tried to pray for all the tarnished souls on the 2021 JFMMT, but turns out I would have had to be here for about 9 weeks to cover everyone, so I bailed:

He pointed at my shirt and said, "Those things fall apart faster than a piano in the woods. Good luck with the resale":

Culture and stuff:

You can almost see the entire length of Jay's wizard hat from this vantage point:

Portland Head Light from an unusual vantage point. How did they do that?:

The following 4 users liked this post by Thunder Dump:
DJS (09-08-2021), Jim F (09-10-2021), Mbourne (09-07-2021), SVR 575 (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 09:07 PM
Received 447 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS

Low tide
Lest you all think DJS is only in it for all the hot photographer groupie tail, I assure you he regularly ignores his own personal welfare and safety just to capture/provide the evidence at trial of our (mis)adventures. Rub some dirt on it:

Last edited by Thunder Dump; 09-07-2021 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump

Everyone already posted a bunch of 2021 JFMMT memorable collector's edition swag, but somehow forgot the most delicious one:

You can’t post a photo of something you ate before taking a picture of it 😎

Old 09-08-2021, 02:57 AM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump
The 2021 JFMMT cannot be described in words. Well, Jay just posted 21,621 of them, but he missed the point. The point is the food. No, that's not it. The point is the cars. Nope, not it either. The point is the driving. Nope, that ain't it. The point is the scenery. Sorry, try again. The point is all the abundance of sleep everyone gets. Um, fail. The point is the ridiculous swag. *Bzzzzz* wrong. The point is the people. Eureka!!!! THAT'S IT! ......
Delighted to see you've filled a glaring gap in the reports. Only yesterday I was complaining to the organiser about the lack of food photos this year.

It always take an age to work through the "Thanks" post because I get diverted by Jay's links and go on a virtual gourmet journey around Maine.

Graham

Mbourne (09-08-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 04:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Beyond extraordinary Mr. Levine (and company).

Old 09-08-2021, 05:04 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jaguny
Beyond extraordinary Mr. Levine (and company).
You mean, like this jacket?

🙏

Old 09-08-2021, 05:27 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by GGG
Delighted to see you've filled a glaring gap in the reports. Only yesterday I was complaining to the organiser about the lack of food photos this year.

It always take an age to work through the "Thanks" post because I get diverted by Jay's links and go on a virtual gourmet journey around Maine.

Graham
My dear Graham.

I am quite pleased that someone—delightful newcomers Matt & Diane—posted some of the “food” shots which you appropriately felt were lacking from anything posted thus far. And here I thought—and actually addressed it at the kick-off at our house—that the elephant in the room is whether there will be an event next year? I’ll spare you and everyone the answer to that.

As you might know, I have an expression; “if I am going to eat, I might as well eat well”. And I almost always do. Especially when dining out, one wants to have lingering thoughts of the food one eats and wishes to return. That basically sums up most of, if not all of, the places we went.

For example:

This dish, from Aragosta at Goose Cove tells you all you need to know. It was not only artfully conceived—trust me; without a hint of pretentiousness—but the taste was nothing less than extraordinary. You eat, first, with your eyes and this dish embodies anything and everything you would receive from Aragosta. All our meals during the event were memorable. The metaphor I use is, it’s not like I can have my guests drive vast distances to attend and take them to McDonalds. Although I did. (One of our attendees wrote an e-mail blast saying he was looking forward to “slow cars and fast food” and I wrote him back, quoting Oscar Wilde, “be careful what you wish for, you might get it”).

Thank you Matt for posting this picture of the amazing cookies I had made specifically for our event. I was gifted a box of these from the former Commanding Officer of the United States Coast Guard Sector Northern New England—along with two other designs—and they were so fantastic that I had Mail Drop Cookie Shop make 20 to provide each “car” with one. I know they have a Facebook page as well as an Instagram page so please check them out.

GGG (09-08-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 05:44 AM
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Wow... What an amazing event. Just found out about it in the last few days and now it's the last one...
We would certainly loved to have joined. Hay-ho. What comes off being a recent member.

Old 09-08-2021, 06:31 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Every year is the last one.

Great photos, Matt! Dropbox link coming soon...

Marlow42 (09-08-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 07:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
Just an observation from afar, but Jay is a prince among men.
My SO, Nancy, has dubbed Jay "the King of Maine". Experience of a lifetime! Thanks, Jay!

Last edited by Unhingd; 09-08-2021 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
For example:

The sampling in the upper left corner was a bit tough, but mighty tasty.

Old 09-08-2021, 07:20 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
My SO, Nancy, has dubbed Jay "the King of Maine".
He does seem to be the Maine man!

Old 09-08-2021, 08:26 AM
Veteran Member

Hey, take it easy. While I appreciate all the accolades, I’m just Jay. Nothing more, nothing less. The Dalai Lama, never mind my wife, would not approve of my receiving any attention.

My photoshop skills are vastly improving.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 09-08-2021 at 10:14 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
Mahjik (09-08-2021), Mbourne (09-08-2021), scm (09-08-2021)

Quick Reply: 2021 Jaguar [F-Type] Magical Mystery Tour; Itinerary & “With Thanks & Gratitude”