Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Wireless CarPlay

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 04:53 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

My 2018 XE w/ ICTP was upgraded to wired Carplay/AA. On the ICTP screen, there's a button for launching Carplay. And when in Carplay, there's a button to go back to the Jag menus. I find Carplay easier to navigate my USB music library, so I sometimes go into Carplay to select music, then go back to the ICTP Nav display (which I mostly like.)

Old 11-09-2022, 09:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Found how to Exit Android Auto without unplugging

Originally Posted by hendog
To add a reference point, I just bought a 2023 R-Dynamic, and it does NOT have wireless CarPlay/Android Auto. Well, at least not Android Auto since I have a Samsung, so haven't technically confirmed the lack of wireless CarPlay.

Even the wired version of Android Auto is frustrating. It completely takes over, and you have no way (that I have found) to exit out to your regular menus to do things like adjust audio settings or phone settings, etc. I get that you probably aren't messing with those all the time, but the fact that I am "stuck" in the Android Auto view makes it unusable for me. I will stick with Bluetooth for audio and phone calls and use a phone mount for Waze (I also have been unable to get my SMS messages to display on the Infotainment screen, but I don't mess with that stuff while driving anyway).

Frustrating to be so close but so far away, especially after dropping a pretty penny.
So I was sitting in the car on a phone call and messing with all the settings and dials. I plugged in my phone for Android Auto, and while looking at the apps, I noticed one that said Jaguar. I thought it was the Jaguar Remote app that I had on my phone, but when I pressed it, it exited Android Auto and went back to the Home screen for the Infotainment unit. I was shocked that I had missed this.

So my previous comment about having no way to exit back to the main menu is clearly false. I am now finding Android Auto, even though it requires a cable, to be very nice, and I am using it consistently. I am even removing the Phone holder I bought that plugged into the power outlet since I don't need it anymore, and it did sort of ruin the aesthetic of the interior.

The following users liked this post:
scm (11-09-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 09:53 AM
Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

You can get an adapter so you can go wireless as well.

The following users liked this post:
David ISN (11-09-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts