F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Inventory

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 06:51 AM
Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts
Default 2022 Inventory

There are now nine 2022s listed on www.cars.com. Curiously none are showing in inventory on the Jaguar site.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:37 AM
Received 425 Likes on 174 Posts

Everything I read about the status of the model year 2022 F-Type is curious.
It would appear that there are dealerships taking orders and others saying they cannot submit orders.
There are rumors there will be no more gasoline F-Types (leaves me out as a buyer of new).
I don't know who or what to believe, including my salesman.

Old 09-08-2021, 03:59 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SassySarah
Everything I read about the status of the model year 2022 F-Type is curious.
It would appear that there are dealerships taking orders and others saying they cannot submit orders.
There are rumors there will be no more gasoline F-Types (leaves me out as a buyer of new).
I don't know who or what to believe, including my salesman.
And what does your salesman say?
​​​​​​

Old 09-08-2021, 07:40 PM
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

I agree with you, who can you believe. This time of year is typically where the new model changes surface for the coming year....as you mentioned, the new 2022's. Traditionally, what's "New" in the following model year (again, 2022) should have been announced by now, one would think, especially with the significance of an EV or hybrid changeover if they were planning to release the F type with those changes....that is a really big deal in the car world! With nothing being released from JLR, my bet is the new 2022 will have the same powertrain as the 2021 and possibly a few exterior and interior tweaks. So, take it for what it's worth. just an educated guess based on historical practices.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Fireze22
And what does your salesman say?
​​​​​​
Actually he began by saying that orders would probably be accepted mid-August. That was at the beginning of July. Based on that prediction I sold my 2018 in anticipation of ordering a 2022 for late fall, winter, early spring delivery. I speced my new one and it's on file at the dealership and in the Build Your Own Jaguar site. I'm on the list to submit the order, if and when. As time went on the story morphed into not knowing when orders may accepted, then to not knowing if orders would be accepted; but more should/would be known after their sales manager's conference call with Jaguar execs in mid-August.
I have gotten no updates since mid-July.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:51 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its what I would do based on my experience ordering different cars before:

Find a dealer with existing allocation to model you want. Allocation is the key before placing and order. Many dealers will take your deposit promising to submit your built but they do not have allocation and they hope to get one or trade with another dealership.

Good salesman will show you his screen with allocation and you can see the dates and what features could be changed.

Good luck

Old 09-09-2021, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by tzoid9
I agree with you, who can you believe. This time of year is typically where the new model changes surface for the coming year....as you mentioned, the new 2022's. Traditionally, what's "New" in the following model year (again, 2022) should have been announced by now, one would think, especially with the significance of an EV or hybrid changeover if they were planning to release the F type with those changes....that is a really big deal in the car world! With nothing being released from JLR, my bet is the new 2022 will have the same powertrain as the 2021 and possibly a few exterior and interior tweaks. So, take it for what it's worth. just an educated guess based on historical practices.
JLR has already announce things about the '22 F-type. For the US, they are all a V8 engine variation. There are no more SVR models.
You can build a' 22 F-type on their website and they have actively changed and updated options just in the couple months I've been playing with the configurator.

Old 09-09-2021, 08:43 AM

Actually he began by saying that orders would probably be accepted mid-August. That was at the beginning of July. Based on that prediction I sold my 2018 in anticipation of ordering a 2022 for late fall, winter, early spring delivery. I speced my new one and it's on file at the dealership and in the Build Your Own Jaguar site. I'm on the list to submit the order, if and when. As time went on the story morphed into not knowing when orders may accepted, then to not knowing if orders would be accepted; but more should/would be known after their sales manager's conference call with Jaguar execs in mid-August.
I have gotten no updates since mid-July.
Well, if you are serious, I would try another dealer. Like I've mentioned previously, I spoke with 2 different dealers in 2 different states and neither had an issue taking an order. And of course, you already know how my order worked out.

Old 09-09-2021, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Fireze22
Well, if you are serious, I would try another dealer. Like I've mentioned previously, I spoke with 2 different dealers in 2 different states and neither had an issue taking an order. And of course, you already know how my order worked out.
I took your advice and called another dealer, one that was mentioned by someone on this forum as actively taking orders. I was told that ,no, they are not taking orders per se because they have no allocations for F-Types. They are putting orders in a queue in anticipation of future production.
I swallowed my pride and called my salesman (who apologized for not updating me) and he read me the communique from Jaguar. Short story is that F-Type production is halted through September with no forecast beyond that. Other models are being produced on a limited basis with some features being omitted because of the chip shortage.
I still don't understand why Jaguar does not offer this information to the general public, or at least include a statement on their website to the effect that although one can proceed with the build your own process, it's to no immediate avail.

Old 09-09-2021, 03:30 PM

I took your advice and called another dealer, one that was mentioned by someone on this forum as actively taking orders. I was told that ,no, they are not taking orders per se because they have no allocations for F-Types. They are putting orders in a queue in anticipation of future production.
I swallowed my pride and called my salesman (who apologized for not updating me) and he read me the communique from Jaguar. Short story is that F-Type production is halted through September with no forecast beyond that. Other models are being produced on a limited basis with some features being omitted because of the chip shortage.
I still don't understand why Jaguar does not offer this information to the general public, or at least include a statement on their website to the effect that although one can proceed with the build your own process, it's to no immediate avail.
Oy... That is dire, isn't it?? I guess I should consider myself fortunate to be getting one in December. I know my dealer had 2 already on order (hence the reason I am getting mine).
But I'm guessing other dealers have I coming '22's. Maybe you can find one of those that fits the bill? Fingers crossed for you! This world is a frustrating place these days!

Edited to add: my build date is Oct 22nd and the standard options missing will be keyless entry (can't push the handle closed or open with button on door handle) and powered tailgate. I was upset at first but them I'm like... Eh, those are the 2 to delete if I had to pick something.

Last edited by Fireze22; 09-09-2021 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-10-2021, 04:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

Notice none have pictures, probably cars they have on order for stock and are trying to pre sell while market is full price.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:08 AM
Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

There are now 27 listed.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by bjg625
Notice none have pictures, probably cars they have on order for stock and are trying to pre sell while market is full price.
That's my guess too. My dealer had until 9/2 to finalize the order with the factory.

Old 09-12-2021, 12:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

It appears there are real '22 P450's on the ground. A dealer in Pa. and 2 in Fl. have pictures of their in stock cars! On Cars.com

Old 02-06-2022, 07:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2022 FType Orders

Hello All- Orders open for the 8 cyl FTypes in the beginning of June 2021. I placed my order then with my local dealership in RI. There have been some slowdowns and delays and my order is currently on track to be delivered on 3/11/22. I tried not to get excited ahead of time! It’s been a long wait but I believe my order will leave Castle Bromwich this week on its journey to a port and then across the pond! I am not aware of dealers having any inventory. I believe there are only fulfillment of customer orders occurring at this this point. Maybe that will change soon. I’ll keep ya posted on my delivery!

The following users liked this post:
SVR 575 (02-07-2022)
Old 02-06-2022, 08:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 257 Posts

They are showing up and more on the way.

https://inventory.jaguarusa.com/new/...64&all-makes=1

Old 02-06-2022, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sed2193
Hello All- Orders open for the 8 cyl FTypes in the beginning of June 2021. I placed my order then with my local dealership in RI. There have been some slowdowns and delays and my order is currently on track to be delivered on 3/11/22. I tried not to get excited ahead of time! It’s been a long wait but I believe my order will leave Castle Bromwich this week on its journey to a port and then across the pond! I am not aware of dealers having any inventory. I believe there are only fulfillment of customer orders occurring at this this point. Maybe that will change soon. I’ll keep ya posted on my delivery!
My order was placed on 11/14/2021 and if the Order Details sheet is accurate, the car should have been built Friday last, 2/4/2022. I plan to call my salesman Monday for an update, so I'll relay that info. when available.
I too tried to keep my emotions under control and am still kind of holding my breath just in case. I know how you feel.
Delivery is scheduled for 3/25/2022. Fingers crossed.

The following users liked this post:
Sed2193 (02-06-2022)
Old 02-06-2022, 08:25 AM
Received 126 Likes on 106 Posts

Jaguar’s website is pretty bad for trying to find a car to get interested in. New or used. I found CarGurus to be easier to search with, if not entirely accurate. When I filtered for Automatic Cruise Control, it would show cars that didn’t have it and skipped some cars the did have it. I finally found my F Pace by looking for all V6’s within the distance I was willing to travel and looking at each and every grill picture for the radar’s rectangle.

When researching a tire question on the 2022 R’s I saw tons (relatively) of P450’s and one R in Utah.

Old 02-06-2022, 08:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Correct! A few showing up at dealerships! Exciting!

Originally Posted by bjg625
It appears there are real '22 P450's on the ground. A dealer in Pa. and 2 in Fl. have pictures of their in stock cars! On Cars.com
Thanks for the reply!!!! Waiting with restrained excitement for mine to deliver!!!! Whohooo!

Old 02-06-2022, 06:58 PM
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I got mine off the showroom floor last week. They're around.

Quick Reply: 2022 Inventory