F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Inventory

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2022, 08:59 PM
LMS
Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

My guy told me today mine will be at the dealership today or tomorrow, and I can pick it up any time after Monday!

@SassySarah - any update on yours?

LMS

The following users liked this post:
walko789 (03-25-2022)
Old 03-26-2022, 06:10 AM
Received 425 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by LMS
My guy told me today mine will be at the dealership today or tomorrow, and I can pick it up any time after Monday!

@SassySarah - any update on yours?

LMS
Yes, LMS, thanks for asking and congrats on getting the good news.
I picked it up yesterday--salesperson walked me through all of the electronic nuances and was kind enough to deflate the tires from the shipping PSI of 51. Haha, I thought it rode a bit rough when we took it around the block for the first time.
I'll spend the next few days pouring through the owner's handbook, arranging insurance, enabling HomeLink, etc.
I feel fortunate to have not had to pay any premium above MSRP, all the more so because there were vehicles on the showroom floor with a $25,000.00 "Market Adjustment" added. Yikes, I can't imagine! The lowest Market Adjustment was $5,000.00 and that was on used vehicles.
It's been a long time since I was put in the queque for an allocation--July 2021--but it's nice having an F-Type in the garage again.
I'll post pictures after it's all prettied up.
Confession: I did touch the 100 MPH mark on the drive home but I was well within the break-in parameters since the tach was just slightly above 2k RPM at that speed. It's not quite as raucous as I'd like but I'm hoping that improves after a few thousand miles. I can't wait to put my foot in it.
Give us an update after you pick yours up.

The following 2 users liked this post by SassySarah:
DJS (03-28-2022), scm (03-26-2022)
Old 03-26-2022, 08:57 AM
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SassySarah
Yes, LMS, thanks for asking and congrats on getting the good news.
I picked it up yesterday--salesperson walked me through all of the electronic nuances and was kind enough to deflate the tires from the shipping PSI of 51. Haha, I thought it rode a bit rough when we took it around the block for the first time.
I'll spend the next few days pouring through the owner's handbook, arranging insurance, enabling HomeLink, etc.
I feel fortunate to have not had to pay any premium above MSRP, all the more so because there were vehicles on the showroom floor with a $25,000.00 "Market Adjustment" added. Yikes, I can't imagine! The lowest Market Adjustment was $5,000.00 and that was on used vehicles.
It's been a long time since I was put in the queque for an allocation--July 2021--but it's nice having an F-Type in the garage again.
I'll post pictures after it's all prettied up.
Confession: I did touch the 100 MPH mark on the drive home but I was well within the break-in parameters since the tach was just slightly above 2k RPM at that speed. It's not quite as raucous as I'd like but I'm hoping that improves after a few thousand miles. I can't wait to put my foot in it.
Give us an update after you pick yours up.
cheers to LMS on picking up his new ride soon, and congrats to Sassy on finally getting hers.

I, too, was wanting more of the old school exhaust note. All you have to do is pull the fuse that governs the active exhaust system and you’ll be thrilled with the wicked crackles and burbles. It’s a completely different experience. I did this on my 2022 P450 R-Dynamic and it’s sounds absolutely vicious like they did before Jaguar tamed them.

The following users liked this post:
tzoid9 (03-26-2022)
Old 03-29-2022, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ilyushin79
cheers to LMS on picking up his new ride soon, and congrats to Sassy on finally getting hers.

I, too, was wanting more of the old school exhaust note. All you have to do is pull the fuse that governs the active exhaust system and you’ll be thrilled with the wicked crackles and burbles. It’s a completely different experience. I did this on my 2022 P450 R-Dynamic and it’s sounds absolutely vicious like they did before Jaguar tamed them.
Okay, I've had a couple days to familiarize myself with the car and put a few miles on it--and it's simply too quiet compared to my 2018 base model.
Referring to the fuse box layouts contained in the user's handbook to the actual fuse boxes is to me like comparing apples to oranges. They bear no resemblance one to the other that I can tell. It may well be I'm doing something wrong or looking in the wrong place, but I'm completely confused.
Ilyushin, would you be so kind as to post a picture of the fuse you pulled and highlight it in some way?
Thanks

Old 03-29-2022, 03:30 PM
Received 94 Likes on 52 Posts
Smile

It should be Fuse #15 and is labeled "Active Exhaust" in my '22 F-Type R

It's a 5 amp fuse...I think the engineers were hoping it would "blow" on its own...otherwise they would have made it a 10 amp.

Old 03-29-2022, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by KalamazooJag
It should be Fuse #15 and is labeled "Active Exhaust" in my '22 F-Type R

It's a 5 amp fuse...I think the engineers were hoping it would "blow" on its own...otherwise they would have made it a 10 amp.
I agree with everything you say; and fuse 15 is tan in color. What I'm saying in my inadequate way is that the schematic on page 250 of my handbook bears no resemblance to the layout of the fuses that are exposed when the the two covers on the driver's side under the hood (oops, bonnet) are removed. By two covers I mean the one held down by plastic fasteners that covers multiple items, and the lid of the fuse box itself which snaps on and off..
That's why I asked the other member for a picture if possible.
Thanks for the reply. I'll check back tomorrow.