Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Jaguar Every Thing Ends Tour/With Thanks & Gratitude

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2022, 01:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts
Default 2022 Jaguar Every Thing Ends Tour/With Thanks & Gratitude

Despite the threat(s) of death—one text I received during an aspect (I should say ascent) of the event read: “Jay, I am going to kill you”—the 2022 Jaguar Every Thing Ends Tour concluded late yesterday morning.

As always, I’d like to express my deep thanks and gratitude to all those who helped make this year’s event—my 8th—such a splendid affair. Starting with attendees who drove vast distances to enjoy the natural splendors of Maine and, of course, the people and places (listed below) we visited.

After meeting at our house—where I made my eagerly awaited [read as sarcasm) announcements—we all caravanned to Cook’s Lobster & Ale House on picturesque Bailey Island (it doesn’t get more picturesque than this). Owners [b]Jenn & Nick Charboneau always roll out the red carpet for us—even if we park on gravel; reserved gravel—and between the ambiance, service, and food, attendees got a delightful taste of what the following 4 days would be like. With very little sleep. www.cookslobster.com

A huge thank you, again, to the best bank anywhere on the planet in my opinion, Bangor Savings Bank and my dear friend, President/CEO Bob Montgomery-Rice for footing our dinner bill at Cook’s! www.bangor.com

While I was sorry to see my friend and Executive Chef Matt Duley leave Luna Rooftop Bar at The Canopy Waterfront Hotel—and Maine--I knew not to worry as Matt told me his excellent sous-chef Jamie Moffat would be taking over the reins. And we were not disappointed. Jamie and his staff did an awesome job as breakfast was both plentiful, delicious and memorable (Luna and the hotel are gorgeous). Shout-out to my friend Brandon Hussey—Director of Sales & Marketing for Fathom Companies—for his professionalism and winning personality as well as Canopy Senior Sales Manager Brett Bisson. www.lunarooftopbarmaine.com

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the Portland Museum of Art is second to none. Having long been a fan of the arts in NYC—and member of countless museums—I should know. With a vast selection of extraordinary art, our group had a docent-led tour which left us breathless (and not just due to lack of sleep). Logistics, and time, prevented us from touring the Winslow Homer Studio on Prouts Neck—which the museum was going to allow us extremely rare access to (despite the studio closed to the public this year)—and I’d like to thank Ashleigh Hill, Director of Philanthropy and Greg Norstrom, Membership Service & Group Sales Manager for arranging our very special visit. www.portlandmuseum.org

Speaking of special, Visitor Services Manager John Babin—a longtime friend—is. Rarely have I met a more knowledgeable and enthusiastic gentleman as John; who arranged our visit to the Maine Historical Society and the Wadsworth-Longfellow House and garden. The legacy of “American” poet and educator Henry Wadsworth Longfellow—who’s works include, “Paul Revere’s Ride”, “The Song of Hiawatha”, and “Evangeline”--lives on here and is in the very best of hands. Little did I know that John gifted every person a copy of the beautiful “Henry Wadsworth Longfellow: And His Portland Hotel”, published by the Maine Historical Society. Not that I encouraged such actions. Thank you very much John. www.mainehistory.org

From here we headed, in spirited fashion, to Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough Maine where Ron & Co. hosted a wonderful lunch catered by my very dear friends from The Cheese Iron, Jill & Vince. [more on J/LR Scarborough later in this write up]. www.thecheeseiron.com

After lunch, and before dinner, we headed back to Brunswick and made a wonderful “pit-stop” at the Guinness Book of World Records for the World’s Largest Rotating Globe, called Eartha, in Yarmouth. Really fabulous seeing this globe in action. Thank you Garmin for showing us how truly big our planet is (and how small we really are). www.garmin.com

Don’t try this at home. Try getting a reservation at Portland’s amazing restaurant Scales for 4 people much less 28—and not just in summer. Thankfully—and we are extremely grateful—they welcomed our group back for the 4th time. Shout out to my friends at Scales—they know who they are—for making this happen. Again. www.scalesrestaurant.com

Despite departing for breakfast at 6:55 AM on Saturday morning, everyone was smiling broadly. You would smile too if you were headed to Broadway Deli on Maine Street in my hometown of Brunswick for Eggs Benedict with Lobster, Maine Wild Blueberry Pancakes with real Maine Maple Syrup—with locally-sourced sausage and/or locally-sourced bacon—or any of the other tempting delights here. Thank you to our dear friend Nancy Bigelow, and her staff, for once again opening an hour earlier than usual; thus allowing us to park all our cars together (and yet more great photos and drone shots). www.broadway-delicatessen.com

One of our group—let’s call her Christine—asked me many months ago, after seeing a piece on the spectacular CBS Sunday morning program called Sunday Morning, if I’ve ever been to the Maine State Prison Showroom in Thomaston, Maine? You know I have. And now so too has our group as we made this the second destination on a splendid Saturday morning. Little did anyone know how awesome this shop is, never mind each person receiving a specially and beautifully made wooden “shot-glass” with our logo embossed on it (the picture below is a prototype and the ones we received are even more gorgeous). Thank you Director Ken Lindsey from Maine Prison Industries for your thoughtfulness and generosity. [note: the shop cannot ship items or sell online; but I can…as I am about to for various individuals in our group]. www.maine.gov/corrections/prison-industries

It's been a few years since we’ve visited the spectacular Owls Head Transportation Museum—where else but Owls Head, Maine?—as a group. Featuring more than 150 antique automobiles, aircraft, motorcycles, bicycles, engines and more, no question any visit here—long overdue or not—is a must. A huge thank you to Executive Director Kevin Bedford, Development + New England Auto Auction Director Toby Stinson, and Communications & Creative Director Kat Stuart for welcoming us with open, enthusiastic, arms, . And doors. Or should I say door? One very big door. I would also like to thank Kevin for providing me with his car so I could pick up all our huge lunches from the following.

Lunch that day was take-out from Archer’s On The Pier—famous for beating Bobby Flay with their famous “King of Clubs Triple Deckah!” Lobster BLT. Thank you owner Lynn Archer for making our lunch so deliciously [incr]edible (and for showing Bobby Flay how it’s done). I just wish the sandwich wasn’t so small. www.archersonthepier.com

Hard to imagine a more spectacular spot to enjoy lunch while visiting Owls Head Lighthouse. Special thanks to Bob Trapani Jr.; Executive Directorof American Lighthouse Foundation for making that happen providing two terrific volunteers (when the lighthouse is usually closed). In return we provided a modest donation. www.lighthousefoundation.org

The Director of the Farnsworth Museum, Christopher Brownawell—who happens to also be a customer of Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough (no surprise there considering the caliber & character of the man)—opened the door to a truly spectacular place for us. Featuring more than 20,000 square of gallery space and home to one of the nations largest collections of works by sculptor Louis Nevelson, as well as considered to be the “home” museum for the great Wythe family of artists (N.C., Andrew, and Jamie) no visit to Maine, never mind beautiful Rockland (where we stayed two nights) is complete without coming here. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. Thanks too to our wonderful docents; who loved, admired, and viewed our cars as art. www.farnsworthmuseum.org

We not only stayed two nights at the spectacular Samoset Resort—part of the Opal Collection—on the spectacular coast of Maine, but had a fabulous dinner Saturday night, overlooking the stunning golf course and ocean. The Samoset is the kind of place even someone who lives in Maine retreats to for a very special time. As we all did. Thank you to General Manager Connie Russell, Area Director of Association Sales Catherine Smith and Catering Sales Manager Paul Clement for making us feel so special and at home. www.opalcollection.com

If there is a more iconic diner, anywhere, than Moody’s Diner in Waldoboro Maine, I don’t know it (or want to). Stepping into Moody’s is stepping (back) in history—it all began in 1927—and a more delicious, and ample, breakfast (or any meal) you simply will not find. Special thanks to owner Dan Beck for not only allowing us to come [return] but “jumping” the line. What a guy! What a diner! www.moodysdiner.com

We needed an ample breakfast since after breakfast we all drove to Camden Hills and stunning Camden Hills State Park. Why? Because we all hiked up, some quite begrudgingly, Mount Megunticook—short and a bit steep at times (hence the death threats) but with breath-taking views up top making the effort so massively worthwhile--where there was a proposal of marriage. Wait until you see the photos and footage. Special thanks to Regional Manager Matthew Hamilton and Park Manager Charlene “Sunshine” Hood for the VIP treatment. www.maine.gov/dacf/parks/trail_activities/camden_trail_conditions.shtml

Ask anyone in the State of Maine—or Orlando, FL or Tucson, AZ—including me, name your favorite restaurant in the State and you would likely hear the name Primo. When I first came to Maine over 24 years ago, my wife Liz—then girlfriend—took me to Primo where we not only enjoyed an exquisite dinner but met the charming, beautiful, and incredibly talented Chef/Owner Melissa Kelly. And, after 24 years, NONE of that has changed! Thank you very much Melissa, Front of House Manager Kellie Brooks and the entire staff at Primo for an extraordinary evening. And I do mean EXTRAORDINARY. Quick shout out to Lou and Ann Oliver (you had to be there). www.primorestaurant.com

I’d also like to thank the staff at the Fairfield Inn & Suites—that includes Director of Sales Meghan Riley as well as the GM Shamus Riley—for once again making such great accommodations (at a great rate!) for our group; including special parking privileges. www.marriott.com

Thanks, once again, to Mbourne & Tbourne for supplying our merry men and women—specifically our cars—with “Official/Unofficial” Stickers. It is our “Official” insignia—with a different logo for each of the past events, which the Bournes have generously provided since the inaugural event in 2016--featuring this year’s very “Unofficial” logo.

I live ON Continental Tires—on all my cars—just not IN Continental Tires; contrary to this image. Thanks once again to Continental Tire for sponsoring the making of our [100] Commemorative Event Shirts. Always a big hit, there are worn and enjoyed throughout the world. Just like their tires. Just not sure which gets more mileage, the tires or the shirts.
Talk about a waste of time (mine), effort (mine) and money (mine). Nevertheless, last year the Jaguar Formula E Racing Team provided me with some nice stuff to give out to the group—sadly, nothing this year (despite my trying)—including lanyards. “Problem” was the lanyards came with nothing attached. What was I supposed to do with nothing attached? Not wanting to waste the lanyards, I had VIP ALL ACCESS Badges made to go with them, not that ALL ACCESS (or even limited access) was needed for…well…anything. So why not make them again featuring this year’s event logo? And, wouldn’t you know it but our dear friend Sean from Continental Tire sent me new lanyards to complete the look. In October/Halloween colors no less!

Sean also sent me 3 very useful Gray Pullovers, featuring the Continental Tire logo to give to three recipients. I made an Executive Decision and gave them to three worthy recipients; each of whom bought a set of Continental Tires in the recent past.

Speaking of set, Continental Tire once again provided one very lucky winner—just not me as I’m always disqualified--with a full set of their amazing tires! How awesome is that? How awesome that our very own jaguny won them?

In anticipation of the event, and the holidays, Ron McIntyre and I (and our wives) made 50 of these beautiful Italian-made (out of apple peels) Writing Journals, embossed with our logos, and mailed them out in time for the holidays to attendees and a few individuals unable to be here in person. I dealt with a great guy—Ash Dimant; ash@brandeditems.com

Lunch on Friday was generously hosted by the best dealership I know, Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough ME, part of the Goodwin Motor Group. (They also had A LOT of professional photographers and video staff on the premises). Catered by my friends Jill Dutton & Vincent Maniaci of The Cheese Iron lunch was, of course, a big hit. So too was what J/LR (Ron & Co.) produced to gift attendees for this year’s event. Manufactured by L.L. Bean of Freeport, Maine, the only problem (question) is if the wives will let their husbands share. Measuring a very amble (read: huge), and luxurious, 60 x 80 inches, these custom embroidered Wicked Plush Sherpa Throws…I have my doubts.
My good friend Justin Alley—who also happens to be the Parts Manager at Jaguar/Land Rover Scarborough, Maine (again, part of the Goodwin Motor Group)—doesn’t want to be recognized, or even thanked, in any way for providing each car, again and for the third time, with a simple but immenently useful JAG BAG as well as a beautiful Jaguar Heritage Scarf. But who cares what he wants, we all give our thanks and appreciation to Justin’s continued generosity. Sorry Justin.

That handsome devil shown holding beautiful Track Art (Circuit of Americas, Austin, TX) from Linear Edge is none other than our “Man from Continental Tire”, Sean. At last year’s kick-off, dinner at Cook’s, I started announcing the various winners of the stuff given out (see below for this year’s items) by calling out the winning number for any given item (each item had a separate “hat” with numbers 1-20 in them; same as this year’s prizes). But when it came time for the winner of Linear Edge’s work—which includes Car Art (and I remain hopeful that they will be including an F-Type soon; NEWS FLASH: I no longer have to hope as they are coming out with one this week! Stay tuned. I’ve ordered the first one off the line)—to step forward, there was silence. After some prodding, Sean finally acknowledged that he was the lucky winner. For some reason he felt undeserving; after all he doesn’t “come” with an F-Type. Nevertheless the man—our man—had all intentions of flying in just for the kick-off this year but, in the end, was unable to and his presence was surely missed.
Who in their right mind would pay $175 for a Surge Protector? (You’d be surprised). Me for one. Last year I wanted to buy a new surge protector for my stereo system and came across a brand called Austere. I ordered it and it arrived with a note which essentially read, “Dear Jay, we are sorry but the model you ordered is out-of-stock, so we “upgraded” you to our more advanced model”. [$225]. My kind of company. And, as you can see from the unsolicited testimonial I provided them to use for one of their Instagram posts, I am very impressed with it. It comes with a component guarantee and a lifetime warranty. How nice then that Austere provided one very lucky winner the very same model I received (shipped to them no less since space in our cars come at a severe premium). And, yes, it’s the “end all to be all of any surge protector”.
$175 surge protectors, $125 sweat pants? (P.S. worth every penny). The short story goes that I checked our credit card statement, as I often do, and saw a charge of $250 from Cozy Earth. I ask my wife if it was her purchase and she informed me that it’s a present for me. Cool. So one day I receive and open a box which contains a pair of their Men’s Ultra-Soft Bamboo Jogger Pant. I ask my wife, “did you spend $250 on one pair of sweat pants?!” Her reply was “I think I bought you two pairs” Still, $125 for sweat pants? I thought she was crazy, if generous. Fast forward a few short days and I buy 2 Men’s Ultra-Soft Bamboo Hoodies to go with the joggers. Fast forward another month or two and I bought 2 more complete sets of tops and bottoms. Made from Viscose from Bamboo, I…never…take…them…off. So, yes it’s worth it! And thanks to Cozy Earth, one lucky attendee/winner is being shipped a Hoodie and a Pant even as I write.
For the second year in a row, my friend Jeany Zhao—co-owner of Grand Prix Originals USA—is providing one lucky winner, last year it was LUCKY8 (which F-Type Forum member jaguny won) with their beautifully hand-made (in either Italy or Portugal) Driving Shoes/Sneakers. While they are not “race-legal”—I wear mine all the time (and bought a second pair week’s before the event)-- they are simply awesome. For that matter, so is Jeany. Thank you Jeany!
The conversation, in bed, late at night, went exactly like this:

Wife: Do you think we should buy a new console table for our entranceway?

Me: Sure. I will get right to it. Goodnight honey.

The very next day [morning] I called and ordered a custom-made Live Edge Console Table from an amazing company located in the heart of the Ozarks called Artisan Born. The pictures posted on the website looked fantastic—the website itself looked fantastic—and all the reviews on the website looked fantastic. Too good to be true? Always a possibility. Just not in this case. Not only did it meet my expectations but wildly exceeded them. It’s freakin’ gorgeous. Even the way it comes delivered to your door is impressive. Why am I telling you all this? Because I ended up chatting with the company, primarily to tell them how wowed I was of their craftsmanship—in passing told them about my hosting these Jaguar F-Type events—and they have graciously and generously offered to send a custom-made console table to one VERY lucky, ecstatic, attendee (they sure as heck aren’t taking it with them). Thank you Artisan Born, you truly deserve ALL those glowing reviews.
A beautiful new console table deserves a beautiful new Sisal Rug; I’ve long been a fan of sisal. And that is exactly what we bought and received from Sisal Rugs Direct. Make that two sisal rugs (and sisal is just part of what they sell). Yes, they’re that beautifully made. Yet another impressive website--ordering was a breeze (why can’t all websites be this great?)—and delivery was prompt and the quality top-notch! Best sisal rugs we’ve ever had. What’s not to love? Including calling the company and hearing Steppenwolf’s “Magic Carpet Ride”? Thank you, Koby Jones & Co., for providing one very lucky winner with one of your custom-made rugs. Shipped!

Many of our attendees have Velocity AP Tunes—and we’re not talking songs; although most of our exhausts do “sing”—including yours truly, and/or other various bits of automotive engineering produced by this great company, spearheaded by Stuart Dickinson. Having said that, everyone one of us—and this has been true for the past several years and events—have assorted “mods” (the wearable kind) from Velocity AP in the form of shirts, hats, and hoodies. And this year was no different. Thank you Stuart.

I’d once again like to thank all those who participated in this year’s event and drove hundreds if not thousands of miles to attend. I hope it was worthwhile.

A quick thank you to Stoner Solutions and Steve Walker for sending 2 cases of their fabulous Invisible Glass; the only glass cleaner I would ever use. www.stonersolutions.com

A shout out to my friend(s) at The City of Portland (Parking) who helped arrange special [paid] parking privileges (sparing us getting ticketed). And believe me, we deserved to be ticketed…if not for parking then for…

Speaking of parking, a shout out to Chloe Martin—Operations Manager for Gardner Real Estate Group—and Nick for providing us with amazing parking (wait until you see the pictures!) on the roof of the beautiful (yes, beautiful) Arts District Garage.

I’d be remiss if I did not thank my dearest wife Liz for…well…everything. To know Liz is to love Liz and anyone who has ever met her—or Scarlett—knows that. It brings to mind the Emerson, Lake & Palmer song, written by Greg Lake, “Lucky Man”. I am that indeed.

Lastly and as always, I would like to thank all the women and men in law enforcement for what they do each and every day. Whether we had the pleasure and honor of their accompanying us through any of the many miles we drove throughout Maine or not, we tip our hat to them and no “With Thanks & Gratitude” is complete without mentioning that. A reminder, too, that once the event ends, so too does my responsibility. You’re on your own boys and girls. LEO’s: be advised and on the lookout for a group of hooligans driving F-Types. They were last spotted driving south on Route 1. HA!

Brunswick Police Department
Cape Elizabeth Police Department
Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office
Freeport Police Department
Gardiner Police Department
Kennebec County Sheriff’s Office
Knox County Sheriff’s Office
Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office
Portland Police Department
Rockland Police Department
Scarborough Police Department
South Portland Police Department
Thomaston Police Department
Topsham Police Department
Yarmouth Police Department
Wiscasset Police Department

Last edited by RickyJay52; 10-19-2022 at 09:20 AM.
The following 12 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
Carbuff2 (10-18-2022), DJS (10-19-2022), jaguny (11-04-2022), Jim F (10-19-2022), jpl500 (10-19-2022), Mbourne (10-18-2022), scm (10-18-2022), Sparky H (10-19-2022), SVR 575 (10-18-2022), tepid (10-24-2022), uncheel (10-18-2022), WayneB (10-19-2022) and 7 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-18-2022, 03:36 PM
Veteran Member

Final Thoughts:

Maybe when it comes to playing the guitar, but when it comes to this Forum, GGG is. Thank you my friend for your invaluable help.

Last—at least until I post a picture of the Linear Edge F-Type Car Art—but not least. You should know that I received a request from someone many months ago—a former Marine—asking if he could join our long-standing group. While I did not know him, my impression of him couldn’t have been better—never mind my respect for the military—so, naturally, I did invite him and he accepted.

He called me the Sunday before last telling me that he had to cancel attending. He informed me that he totaled his car the night before, and that he was in the ICU. WTF? And he’s 1) able to call me, at all, and 2) possess the wherewithal to exhibit such courtesy as to tell me that he has to cancel??? What you don’t know—and I am not about to reveal—is that totaled doesn’t even come close to the pictures he sent me (trust me on this; it’s horrific). It’s miraculous that anyone could have survived such a wreck—he is obviously one bad a$$ Marine—and to walk away with only bumps, bruises, and some whiplash (discharged from the hospital in only 2 days!) is extraordinary and testament to the build quality and safety features in our F-Types.

Thankful he is alive.

🙏

P.S. The photographic itinerary—in the related thread I see listed below—is not quite accurate as I had to make some changes along the way. The write up above is what actually happened and where we went.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 10-18-2022 at 05:47 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
DJS (10-19-2022), Mbourne (10-18-2022), Sparky H (10-19-2022), tepid (10-20-2022)
Old 10-18-2022, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

A big thank you to Jay for organizing another successful event, all of the hosts mentioned in various corners of Maine, and to the many generous sponsors!

Particularly, JLR Scarborough should be the "home" dealership for anyone in New England.

Looking forward to the next adventure (though still completing my 1000+ mile journey home).

The following 2 users liked this post by Nati:
jaguny (11-04-2022), Mbourne (10-18-2022)
Old 10-18-2022, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

Sounds like another winner of an outing. Mention of the Wadsworth-Longfellow House reminds me that a branch of my family went to Maine. I'm not sure my direct antecedents made a better choice, but my winters are a bit more clement because of it.

Like Jay, I also have two pairs of the Grand Prix Originals shoes, plus a wallet. The second pair came with a note from the CEO that said something like "Yes, I packaged these myself" and "my favorite!" The latter was referring to the color choice. I, like Jay, wear them as sneakers.

The following users liked this post:
Mbourne (10-18-2022)
Old 10-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

Some photos to accompany Jays report but our official photographer will be posting a link to more

Our fearless leader.

The reason we all climbed that damn mountain! Worth it but I’m still in pain Jay!

K

The following 6 users liked this post by Mbourne:
Cwis (10-21-2022), DJS (10-19-2022), jaguny (11-04-2022), Jim F (10-19-2022), Sparky H (10-19-2022), SVR 575 (10-18-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-18-2022, 08:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like an awesome trip. I saw some of the cars at the Samoset. My wife and I were playing golf on Sunday and it’s fair to say we were sad we didn’t bring our F Type.

Old 10-18-2022, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Rizzo
Sounds like an awesome trip. I saw some of the cars at the Samoset. My wife and I were playing golf on Sunday and it’s fair to say we were sad we didn’t bring our F Type.
Wow that’s bizarre and shows what a truly small world it is!

Old 10-18-2022, 09:03 PM
Received 446 Likes on 241 Posts

Hopefully some photos others didn't capture:

Last edited by Thunder Dump; 10-18-2022 at 09:08 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Thunder Dump:
DJS (10-19-2022), jaguny (11-04-2022), Jim F (10-19-2022), Mbourne (10-18-2022), Sparky H (10-19-2022), SVR 575 (10-18-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-18-2022, 09:08 PM
The following 4 users liked this post by Thunder Dump:
DJS (10-19-2022), jaguny (11-04-2022), Mbourne (10-18-2022), SVR 575 (10-18-2022)
Old 10-18-2022, 09:10 PM

We did it better:

Last edited by Thunder Dump; 10-18-2022 at 09:14 PM.
DJS (10-19-2022), jaguny (11-04-2022), Mbourne (10-18-2022), scm (10-19-2022), Sparky H (10-19-2022), SVR 575 (10-18-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-18-2022, 09:11 PM

Click on this photo for the full experience:

Last edited by Thunder Dump; 10-18-2022 at 09:24 PM.
Awd (10-18-2022), DJS (10-19-2022), jaguny (11-04-2022), Mbourne (10-18-2022), Sparky H (10-19-2022), SVR 575 (10-18-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-18-2022, 09:11 PM
The following 7 users liked this post by Thunder Dump:
cujet (11-16-2022), DJS (10-19-2022), jaguny (11-04-2022), Jim F (10-19-2022), jpl500 (10-19-2022), Mbourne (10-18-2022), SVR 575 (10-18-2022) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-19-2022, 09:14 AM
Received 436 Likes on 178 Posts

My Adbllock Plus must be on the fritz.

The following users liked this post:
Thunder Dump (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 09:42 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

What a great set of photos! Let's see what I can add to the mix. Below is a link to a Dropbox folder, with all my photos and videos (200ish total) from the Tour. Feel free to do what you like with it, other than selling them. (I do this for fun, not profit!) Below are also links to some videos (drone and iPhone)...

Dropbox link. Those with Dropbox can probably copy the whole folder if they like.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l2jawj1lg...RlpzNTSIa?dl=0

Link to a stunning drone video (luck much more than skill.) I checked with the folks around us to be sure I wouldn't annoy anyone (I have a small unlicensed drone.) I'd suggest if anyone wants to talk drones (I'm a novice but got some nice results), we do it in the drone thread.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdzspy355m...posal.MOV?dl=0

Driving video, showing the foliage (and my brother-in-law, and my finger)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/idlqw7d1oj..._5504.MOV?dl=0

Drone video at Cook's Seafood, with significant crosswind - wasn't sure the drone could handle it
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xuiidz3f3m...%20PM.mov?dl=0

Fun drone video at breakfast.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kb09pz5z9n...kfast.mp4?dl=0

And a drone video of the convoy leaving for dinner. Most didn't see the drone they were driving under (or me), and they all drove off into the distance. Eventually someone realized they had to come back for me, otherwise it was fog for dinner.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1dvsjoj9w3...inner.MP4?dl=0

Some photos:

Jay, describing how to tell when a melon is ripe. (OK, I made that up.)

The Penobscot Narrows Bridge wasn't on the itinerary, but it was a nice day and not far, so I drove up to make sure it was still there

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's kitchen

Last edited by DJS; 10-19-2022 at 10:14 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by DJS:
jaguny (11-04-2022), Jim F (10-19-2022), Mbourne (10-19-2022), Sparky H (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 10:39 AM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

It appears that THE Jaguar 2022 Every Thing Ends Tour was an adventure of a lifetime. Thanks to ALL that posted the breathtaking photos. They most capture your excitement, happiness and fellowship in THE LEAPER!
This is your third tour that Ruth and I have followed. Being an Eastern Canada transplant do miss the splendor and beauty of God's Eastern Coast "palette".
My wife Ruth has recent health issues that will not allow such an adventure (at this time). We here in Southwest Utah (all 2 of us!) invite all to please contact us when visiting our countryside OR VEGAS. Hiking, Biking, Fishing, Elk Steaks and Burger...with astounding mountain twisties to conquer!
We would be so pleased to "sport" 2 XL T shirts if available to purchase.
Thanks again for sharing your adventures.
Props to all the cool sponsors that we get to support in our daily "goings on".

Spark and Ruth H.

The following 2 users liked this post by Sparky H:
DJS (10-19-2022), Mbourne (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member

I might—might—have 1 or 2 extra XL shirts (I have very few left; they are always the first to go) and they are not for sale. Please PM me with your mailing address and I will see what I can do.

🙏

To your health!
Jay

Old 10-19-2022, 11:35 AM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

A few more...

The following 2 users liked this post by Jim F:
DJS (10-19-2022), jaguny (11-04-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member
Default New F-Type Car Art

Ladies & Gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to the first F-Type Engraving produced by my friends at Linear Edge. I’ve been asking the owner when he planned to have an F-Type for some time now and it’s finally here. Literally hot-off-the-press (today). This one is mine—I paid full price (I did not ask for any discount)—and I could not be more excited.

It is 16 x 20 inches and precisely crafted from 13 layers of elegant Baltic birch and finished with black laminate; just like all the wonderful Car Art is from Linear Edge, never mind all the other cool stuff they have. Like Track Art, and more.

I also wanted to take the liberty to once again thank those few companies who I reached out to—after I purchased one of their “End All To Be All” products—and who generously provided me with one to give away at the kick-off of the 2022 Jaguar Every Thing Ends Tour. It goes without saying—but I will say (write) it anyway; yours truly has nothing whatsoever to gain from the sale of any items, other than the knowledge and gratification of turning you, yes you, onto something I strongly believe in. Otherwise I would not have bought/paid for it! Stating the obvious.

These companies are worthy of your business:

www.linearedge.com

www.artisanborn.com

www.austere.com

www.grandprixoriginalsusa.com

www.cozyearth.com

www.sisalrugs.com

And since it’s unlikely to be on their website this soon, if interested in purchasing it—$125 plus shipping—please e-mail them at:
Info@linearedge.com

Last edited by RickyJay52; 10-19-2022 at 05:51 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
jaguny (11-04-2022), Thunder Dump (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 05:49 PM
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

When is the event next year and how do we sign up?

Old 10-19-2022, 05:56 PM
Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert R Gilbert
When is the event next year and how do we sign up?
ditto

Quick Reply: 2022 Jaguar Every Thing Ends Tour/With Thanks & Gratitude