F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Jaguar F-Type East-Meets-West Tour

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 07:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 728 Likes on 501 Posts

Mid spring or early fall tend to be the best from my vantage point in PA. Roads are clear, snow is not in the offing and tends to be more availability of accommodations along the way due to schools being in session. Your advantage is that you have some more scenic roads out west coming east. Some of us coming from New England and our southern folks have some great scenic roads. Us mid Atlantic types have only highways.

Old 03-16-2021, 09:30 PM
BHF
Received 94 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Early fall?

As much as I would like to say spring I’m also thinking hail and tornadoes. Especially in Kansas. Spring and early summer the thunderstorms build over the mountains and then head out over the plains. We get nickel and quarter sized and it builds from there as you head east. Early fall is safer. It’s still warm and the hail is usually done. Late August early September.

Old 03-17-2021, 01:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have family in Colorado, definitely going to keep an eye on this thread and see where life has me closer till.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:27 AM
BHF

Spring time in the Rockies.

Doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, $$$.

The following users liked this post:
Jaguar1611 (03-18-2021)
Old 03-17-2021, 06:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 561 Likes on 361 Posts

I seem to remember some pretty great roads through the Appalachian Mountains. There must be some good roads if you step off the interstates.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member

I don't want this to drop too far down.

I'm thinking of doing a scouting mission this year. Maybe try out some routes on a road trip to Colorado. 2022 Pre-run.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:56 AM
BHF

Originally Posted by eeeeek
I don't want this to drop too far down.

I'm thinking of doing a scouting mission this year. Maybe try out some routes on a road trip to Colorado. 2022 Pre-run.
Let me know when you are in Co. I'd love to help with the scouting.

Sparky H (03-25-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 10:19 AM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

sign me up!....thanks

Old 03-25-2021, 10:30 AM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts

Sounds like we've got a quite a few people interested and the fall time frame probably makes the most sense. Should we start a list of names and your current location so we have a better view of who's interested?

Also, any interest in planning a track day when we're all able to meet up in one central location?

1. Dat - DC area
etc.

The following 2 users liked this post by datriani:
Mbourne (03-25-2021), Sparky H (03-25-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 02:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

This is our plan. Marin to Boulder to visit a bunch of micro-brewing, band playing, happy college friend families now just struggling with the impact of the shooting. We'd planned this to be our post-vaccine 1st trip, anyway, but now it's more important. A Monterey/Santa Cruz local NPR person also lost her Dad at the King Soopers, a store I actually used to shop at. Then, the next morning, my wife is driving to Calistoga and gets re-routed in Yountville because of a purported active shooter (it turned out no shooter was discovered, but 3 women were murdered at the Vet hospital by a PTSD case a few years back, and the program there deals with some complex poor people).

I know this isn't about me, but the notion that mass shootings would be peripheral to *my* life here in Marin, Sonoma, Monterey, or Boulder is truly ****ing insane. When the bubble pops, it's goes fast. Tragic.

BUT THE HAPPIER SIDE of a post-vaccine pandemic is that we will then head up to take some comp nights at FS Vail, then Dunton Hot Springs, then Amangani on the way back. Might ruin the experience with a night at FS Vegas too. Dunno. (Wife works for FS, but it does happen we were pretty loyal to them prior to her working there. Aman, Montage, and FS are no brainers.) =)

So if the roads are definitely clear, I'll pull up in the back of the pack somewhere along the line! Let's take the 50 East! =)

This was my initial route, but man I've taken the 80 so many damned times, and Southern Utah deserves it's own state vs SLC. =)
https://goo.gl/maps/5RJUEbzpSSu3yunr8

This was our 4K+ National Park trip, a few years back (we took many detours). I helped design/dev/rehab a historic building in the Presidio National Park of San Francisco, so checked out other lodges. It was the most wonderful thing. My energy level for road tripping has never been higher. Just need my jab.
https://maps.roadtrippers.com/?a2=t!...54746326465425

Sparky H (03-26-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 02:29 PM
BHF
Default Track day!

Originally Posted by datriani
Sounds like we've got a quite a few people interested and the fall time frame probably makes the most sense. Should we start a list of names and your current location so we have a better view of who's interested?

Also, any interest in planning a track day when we're all able to meet up in one central location?

1. Dat - DC area
etc.
BHF- Brian Colorado Sprsite.ings
High Plains Raceway is 2 hours east of Colorado Springs, an hour east of Denver. Check out their web

Old 03-25-2021, 06:19 PM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts

1. Datriani - Dat - DC area
2. BHF - Brian - Colorado Springs

Cool Brian, I'll check it out.

Old 03-25-2021, 08:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 728 Likes on 501 Posts

Originally Posted by datriani
1. Datriani - Dat - DC area
2. BHF - Brian - Colorado Springs

Cool Brian, I'll check it out.
3. Mbourne - South Central Pennsylvania

Old 03-26-2021, 09:41 AM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
Default St George,Utah HOOKUP

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
This is our plan. Marin to Boulder to visit a bunch of micro-brewing, band playing, happy college friend families now just struggling with the impact of the shooting. We'd planned this to be our post-vaccine 1st trip, anyway, but now it's more important. A Monterey/Santa Cruz local NPR person also lost her Dad at the King Soopers, a store I actually used to shop at. Then, the next morning, my wife is driving to Calistoga and gets re-routed in Yountville because of a purported active shooter (it turned out no shooter was discovered, but 3 women were murdered at the Vet hospital by a PTSD case a few years back, and the program there deals with some complex poor people).

I know this isn't about me, but the notion that mass shootings would be peripheral to *my* life here in Marin, Sonoma, Monterey, or Boulder is truly ****ing insane. When the bubble pops, it's goes fast. Tragic.

BUT THE HAPPIER SIDE of a post-vaccine pandemic is that we will then head up to take some comp nights at FS Vail, then Dunton Hot Springs, then Amangani on the way back. Might ruin the experience with a night at FS Vegas too. Dunno. (Wife works for FS, but it does happen we were pretty loyal to them prior to her working there. Aman, Montage, and FS are no brainers.) =)
I am in on this route. there are soooo many BEAUTIFUL and EXCITING sub routes along the way (with twisties!!) ...Our Vegas friends may join also!

Sparky
So if the roads are definitely clear, I'll pull up in the back of the pack somewhere along the line! Let's take the 50 East! =)

This was my initial route, but man I've taken the 80 so many damned times, and Southern Utah deserves it's own state vs SLC. =)
https://goo.gl/maps/5RJUEbzpSSu3yunr8

This was our 4K+ National Park trip, a few years back (we took many detours). I helped design/dev/rehab a historic building in the Presidio National Park of San Francisco, so checked out other lodges. It was the most wonderful thing. My energy level for road tripping has never been higher. Just need my jab.
https://maps.roadtrippers.com/?a2=t!...54746326465425
Beautiful scenery, sweet twisties and BBQ at our pad. Our Vegas friends 1 hour away may be interested.

Spark-o-matic H.

Uncle Fishbits (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,000 Likes on 747 Posts

Originally Posted by Sparky H
Beautiful scenery, sweet twisties and BBQ at our pad. Our Vegas friends 1 hour away may be interested.

Spark-o-matic H.
I'm fond of Hwy. 12, especially the section between Torrey and Escalante. I highly recommend it.

The following 2 users liked this post by lizzardo:
Sparky H (03-27-2021), Uncle Fishbits (03-26-2021)
Old 03-27-2021, 02:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 735 Likes on 470 Posts

4. 1of19 central Wisconsin.

Old 03-27-2021, 06:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 625 Likes on 424 Posts

I seem to remember some pretty great roads through the Appalachian Mountains. There must be some good roads if you step off the interstates.
The Blue Ridge Parkway is scenic, but the speed limit might dampen your enthusiasm (25-45 MPH). If you haven't seen the Top Gear episode, here's the short version...

Old 04-07-2021, 03:48 PM
Veteran Member

Speed limits are just suggestions, aren't they?

Bump back up. Vaccinations are rolling out. I'm really feeling the need to pre-run this thing.

Old 04-08-2021, 01:41 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

LA Here. Lets goooo I am more than ready to help set up.

Old 04-13-2021, 01:59 PM
Received 95 Likes on 53 Posts

I love this idea...my '21 F-Type R won't arrive until August '21, but I anticipate looking for all opportunities to drive...anywhen and anywhere. I'm in Kalamazoo, MI. I saw Wisconsin in this thread among others. I suggest Davenport, IA as a good meeting place for others in the North & Northereastern-Midwest?

Quick Reply: 2022 Jaguar F-Type East-Meets-West Tour