F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd Engine Mount Just replaced (Fingers Crossed)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 07:36 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 3rd Engine Mount Just replaced (Fingers Crossed)

Hey all,

Just picked my car up from the shop today, after taking it in for a THIRD replacement driver's side engine mount. I left the car with them for an extra day to see if they were able to spot an underlying reason on why that side keeps breaking, but they found no answers. Has anyone else had this issue?

The weird thing is that I rarely do any hard launches in my car, and I'm meticulous with maintenance. The only culprits I can think of are bumpy Seattle roads, and maybe this pothole I hit the other day, but I really can't put a finger on what it might be.

-C

Old 12-11-2021, 02:45 PM
Received 260 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by ccambrid
Hey all,

Just picked my car up from the shop today, after taking it in for a THIRD replacement driver's side engine mount. I left the car with them for an extra day to see if they were able to spot an underlying reason on why that side keeps breaking, but they found no answers. Has anyone else had this issue?

The weird thing is that I rarely do any hard launches in my car, and I'm meticulous with maintenance. The only culprits I can think of are bumpy Seattle roads, and maybe this pothole I hit the other day, but I really can't put a finger on what it might be.

-C
Went looking and there are not a lot of engine mount threads here....like none. (I tried ...)
Is it absolutely certain that is the issue? Saw a youtube video on a GT4 in the UK that hit a pothole and the thing needed a new shock tower mount/wheel area welded into the car.....it sounds just odd....perhaps, just perhaps, have another top tier shop take a look.... One..ok. Two...hmm....Three...what the heck is going on.

Good luck.

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 12-11-2021 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-11-2021, 04:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 379 Likes on 256 Posts

Are they using OEM mounts for the replacements? If not could be the reason.

Also is there an issue with the transmission mounting system? If that is loose or misaligned that could cause the mounts to break.

Have you had any off-road misadventures that would throw something out of alignment?

There was at least one engine mount thread here if you search you should be able to find it.

Found it:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...mounts-221412/

Last edited by RGPV6S; 12-11-2021 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-14-2021, 01:12 PM
Obi
Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey all,

-C
Engine mount failure is common on our platform. Not sure why only your drivers side is failing though.

Only thing I may suggest is consider buying them from FCP euro. They give a lifetime warranty

Old 12-14-2021, 01:44 PM
Obi
Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey all,

-C
Engine mount failure is common on our platform. Not sure why only your drivers side is failing though.

Only thing I may suggest is consider buying them from FCP euro. They give a lifetime warranty

Old 01-03-2022, 02:04 PM

They're definitely using OEM mounts, and when they checked the trans mounts, those appeared to be good to go as well.

Only misadventures I could think of would be the few times I've hit potholes or gone over rough seattle roads!

Old 01-03-2022, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Obi

Oh yeah, this is a really, really good plan.

With all of the torque this engine makes, I'd get why the lifespan of the mounts is a bit less than in other cars, but I've had two driver's side ones break in under 3K miles. That's nuts, IMO

Old 01-03-2022, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Went looking and there are not a lot of engine mount threads here....like none. (I tried ...)
Is it absolutely certain that is the issue? Saw a youtube video on a GT4 in the UK that hit a pothole and the thing needed a new shock tower mount/wheel area welded into the car.....it sounds just odd....perhaps, just perhaps, have another top tier shop take a look.... One..ok. Two...hmm....Three...what the heck is going on.

Good luck.
Definitely ended up being the engine mount!