F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

400 Sport tunning

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2023, 03:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400 Sport tunning

I own a 2018 F type 400 sport 7,500 miles and the warranty in place. I'd like to tune it. I'm looking at the pulley swaps and remapping along with intake and cats on exhaust. In anyone's opinion will I get much more from the upgrades on the 400 sport? My fear is voiding the warranty for things like electronics that will fail. I see the dealership has to prove your aftermarket parts caused a problem that I would be making a claim for. I do not plan on being unethical with the car. So in your opinion would you tune a 400 sport? Would you wait till warranty is over than tinker? I feel at the minimum I want to remap with the paramount performance kit. I would just hate doing all this then getting a problems in the future with the car from these upgrades. What is your opinion and experience? Will I get huge gains? thank you. Doom

Old 07-06-2023, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 559 Likes on 359 Posts

My thoughts: The 400 is already factory tuned to a pretty good level. The lower pulley and corresponding tune is what's going to gain you the most noticeable difference.

Old 07-06-2023, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by eeeeek
My thoughts: The 400 is already factory tuned to a pretty good level. The lower pulley and corresponding tune is what's going to gain you the most noticeable difference.
thats what im seeing too. Just do lower pulley and remap. Not upper pulley at all. A with lower and remapping, new air intake and cats for exhaust, you get huge gains almost unlocking 100 hp and more torque. Thank uou!

Old 07-06-2023, 01:12 PM
Received 856 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by DrDoom80
I own a 2018 F type 400 sport 7,500 miles and the warranty in place. I'd like to tune it. I'm looking at the pulley swaps and remapping along with intake and cats on exhaust. In anyone's opinion will I get much more from the upgrades on the 400 sport? My fear is voiding the warranty for things like electronics that will fail. I see the dealership has to prove your aftermarket parts caused a problem that I would be making a claim for. I do not plan on being unethical with the car. So in your opinion would you tune a 400 sport? Would you wait till warranty is over than tinker? I feel at the minimum I want to remap with the paramount performance kit. I would just hate doing all this then getting a problems in the future with the car from these upgrades. What is your opinion and experience? Will I get huge gains? thank you. Doom
Having now tuned several thousand of these engines, I would say that you can reasonably expect for there to be few problems with warranty issues on unrelated items. If your window regulator fails, you aren't going to have much trouble getting it warrantied.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 07-06-2023, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Having now tuned several thousand of these engines, I would say that you can reasonably expect for there to be few problems with warranty issues on unrelated items. If your window regulator fails, you aren't going to have much trouble getting it warrantied.
thank you. There is just so much grey area. Can't really find answers online. You need real people like you with real world experience. Thank you

Old 07-07-2023, 08:12 AM
Received 395 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by DrDoom80
thank you. There is just so much grey area. Can't really find answers online. You need real people like you with real world experience. Thank you
if you are in the US, review this: Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia

Essentially, they cannot deny you a warranty claim on one thing that is completely unrelated to the tune. Like Stuart mentioned above, if something like radio, window regulator, etc fails during the warranty, by law, they would have to take care of it. Now you have an issue related to the powertrain of the car, all bets are off.

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-07-2023, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by skizot
if you are in the US, review this: Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia

Essentially, they cannot deny you a warranty claim on one thing that is completely unrelated to the tune. Like Stuart mentioned above, if something like radio, window regulator, etc fails during the warranty, by law, they would have to take care of it. Now you have an issue related to the powertrain of the car, all bets are off.
more great information. Thank you. This has been all my conclusion as well. You hate to lose that money. we all spend so much on these cars..

Old 07-07-2023, 05:48 PM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

I was also concerned when I purchased my 2017 V6S. Qualified members here suggested that IF I were to commit while under warranty, VAP was the ONLY choice. Lower Pulley and Tune woke me up quick. I learned that the tech support alone is well worth the cost. I then added the Transmission Tune ....WOWW. If you think that your ride is quick now....hang on and SMILE.
Sparky, a dumb old cowboy

Old 07-07-2023, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky H
I was also concerned when I purchased my 2017 V6S. Qualified members here suggested that IF I were to commit while under warranty, VAP was the ONLY choice. Lower Pulley and Tune woke me up quick. I learned that the tech support alone is well worth the cost. I then added the Transmission Tune ....WOWW. If you think that your ride is quick now....hang on and SMILE.
Sparky, a dumb old cowboy
omg I cant wait. Lol thank you. Sound amazing. Love the jaguar so much. I see the transmission tune. I feel it absolutely needs it. Glad to get your input. I just like the v6 as a daily driver