Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4th Annual Tail of the Dragon Event

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 589 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by MellieR
sent you a note. Please keep the reservation -I need 2 seats!
Got you covered. Hope the weather prospects improve.

Old 05-15-2022, 06:51 PM
Received 133 Likes on 90 Posts

this was an awesome event! thanks to Scott and all those behind the scene that helped organize this. my daughter and I had a blast. see you next year!

am not a big photo taking person but here's one I captured myself. I'm sure others can/will add.

The following 3 users liked this post by Craaaazzy:
Jagauf (05-15-2022), MellieR (05-17-2022), uncheel (05-16-2022)
Old 05-15-2022, 09:31 PM
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Craaaazzy
this was an awesome event! thanks to Scott and all those behind the scene that helped organize this. my daughter and I had a blast. see you next year!

am not a big photo taking person but here's one I captured myself. I'm sure others can/will add.

Saturday went great! The weather held off for us and the day was beautiful! Hopefully next year, Scott can make it and everyone's cats cooperate and behave! Thanks to everyone who came out for making the event so successful!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by Jagauf:
sklimii (05-17-2022), uncheel (05-16-2022)
Old 05-16-2022, 08:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,351 Likes on 1,851 Posts

That is the most F-Types I have ever seen at one time and location!
Thanks for that.

Old 05-16-2022, 09:01 AM
Received 377 Likes on 174 Posts

For those who do not know, I was unable to attend after my father in law passed away this weekend, however huge thank you to Richard and Melanie for stepping in, among others, to help organize and run things. While we always were organizing this event together, I would have loved to have seen it through and been there. The pictures, videos I have received so far are great. Amazing turn out, best yet, for this event with over 40 Jaguar F-Types in attendance and driving on the Tail of the Dragon, among other great scenic routes throughout NC.

The following 4 users liked this post by skizot:
Mark7Seven (05-16-2022), sklimii (05-17-2022), SVR 575 (05-18-2022), uncheel (05-16-2022)
Old 05-16-2022, 09:35 AM
Veteran Member

Scott - Everyone appreciated all the work you did to prepare the Dragon experience. It was a great gathering of cats that wouldn't have been the same without tireless preparation. You were definitely missed and we'll hope to see you next year. I believe a few rounds of beer are in order!

The following users liked this post:
skizot (05-17-2022)
Old 05-16-2022, 09:38 AM
Received 133 Likes on 90 Posts

my condolences and prayers to you and your family Scott. hope to be able to meet you next year.

some low res pics from killboy/129...am still waiting for hi res pics.

The following 2 users liked this post by Craaaazzy:
MellieR (05-17-2022), skizot (05-17-2022)
Old 05-17-2022, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by craaaazzy
my condolences and prayers to you and your family scott. Hope to be able to meet you next year.

Some low res pics from killboy/129...am still waiting for hi res pics.

looks great!!!

Old 05-17-2022, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by uncheel
Scott - Everyone appreciated all the work you did to prepare the Dragon experience. It was a great gathering of cats that wouldn't have been the same without tireless preparation. You were definitely missed and we'll hope to see you next year. I believe a few rounds of beer are in order!

Thank you so much. We are excited to continue to do this in the future. We learned a lot and hope the next event will be even bigger and better.

Old 05-18-2022, 11:49 AM

The 4th Annual, 2022 F-Type Forever, Tail of the Dragon Rally (Drive and Dine) has come to an end and was wildly successful. We cannot thank everyone enough for making this past weekend’s event one to be remembered. Drivers from all over the country joined us to embark on some of the best scenic roads in North Carolina, along with good food and great community.

We had north of 40 cars join us this year, our biggest turn out yet, including not only Jaguar F-Type owners, but other makes and models as well.

The feedback so far has been incredible. Many stating this was by far the best driving event they’ve attended and looking forward to future events such as this. We are already having conversations on what is next and when the timing is right, so please stay tuned.

We raised over $1500 in donations with our raffle prize drawings, all proceeds to benefit Dream Cars 4 Kids Organization.

Events like this are not possible without the support of our sponsors. We cannot thank you enough for your generosity and support this year. Our drivers did amazing to represent your brands well. From the adornment of our event shirts, to the installation of our livery on the cars, we know our sponsors received some great recognition. There were many other automotive enthusiast groups that asked us a lot of questions about our sponsors and how we were able to organize our event so well. For this I am most proud!

In addition, I must thank our host, The Historic Tapoco Lodge. Especially Valerie Frapp, for all they did to welcome us and host our event this year. We look forward to future partnerships with them as we begin planning for next year and beyond.

Lastly, I just want to send a personal thank you. As most of you already know, my father-in-law passed away this passed weekend and I was not able to be in attendance. An event, I, along with Melanie and Richard, have spent months planning for. Although I was not there, everyone made me feel like I was sitting shotgun, with all the great chat, videos and pictures. Along with an impromptu video call at the start of the event. Thank you for all the prayers and wishes for my family.

To Richard and Melanie, we make a great team. Planning an event like this is not easy, we learned a lot this year and will apply all that to the future. However, my sincerest thank you for stepping in and running this even with my absence. I am sorry it fell all on your shoulders and I was unable to do my part. With that said, this was never a one person show and we did this as a team. What an incredible turn out and outcome!

Last edited by skizot; 05-18-2022 at 11:58 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by skizot:
DJS (05-18-2022), uncheel (05-19-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 11:50 AM
bcbruno (05-18-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 12:13 PM
Received 333 Likes on 200 Posts
Default Dragon tails (tales)

Skizot sorry for your loss. Great event. Here are a few static pics. Drivers meeting one was only about half of the room. Only casualty was a gent who closed his door after the first run and did not remove his finger. Wrapping it up I can say the doors of the 'F' are NOT forgiving! The pic of the pre run lineup is just a part. There were so many the entire street was full!

The following 2 users liked this post by Coventry Foundation:
bcbruno (05-18-2022), Thunder Dump (05-18-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Coventry Foundation

Skizot sorry for your loss. Great event. Here are a few static pics. Drivers meeting one was only about half of the room. Only casualty was a gent who closed his door after the first run and did not remove his finger. Wrapping it up I can say the doors of the 'F' are NOT forgiving! The pic of the pre run lineup is just a part. There were so many the entire street was full!
George, sorry we did not get a chance to meet, thank you for your support. I got your VM too, we will be in touch!

bcbruno (05-18-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member

When you take on the Dragon, the Dragon wins...

Crash on notorious road known as ‘The Dragon’ starts wildfire in Smoky Mountains park
A motorcycle crash near ignited a wildfire that has spread to 100 acres inside Great Smoky Mountains National Park, according to Tennessee Officials

Tennessee State Highway Patrol video screengrab:

Tennessee State Highway Patrol video screengrab:

[img]file:///C:\Users\X1-Yoga\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image 001.png[/img]

A motorcycle crash on the notorious stretch of road known as “The Dragon” ignited

a wildfire that has spread across 100 acres inside Great Smoky Mountains National

Park, according to Tennessee officials.

The fire was 90% contained Monday, Nov. 9, and some ongoing “rain is likely to help

tremendously,” the Tennessee State Highway Patrol reported on Twitter.

All lanes of U.S. 129/State Road 115 from mile marker 5 to mile marker 11 were

closed near the Tennessee-North Carolina state line, the Tennessee Department of

Transportation says.

The two-lane stretch of highway is known as “The Dragon” and “Tail of the Dragon,”

and has a reputation for being one of the most “exciting” and dangerous roads to

drive on in the country.

The wildfire was first reported around 11:30 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 6, about 2 miles west

of Parson Branch Road, near Chilhowee Lake, National Park Service officials said in

a news release.

“The fire is located near Cattail Branch in the backcountry of the park and is not

near any hiking trails,” the park said.

Details of the motorcycle crash were not released, including whether anyone was

hurt.

“The Dragon” is considered a thrill ride for motorcycle and sports car enthusiasts. It

gets its name from its curves like a dragon’s tail.

“This stretch of two-lane road has become a hugely popular destination for

motorcyclists and sports car drivers,” according to Dangerousroads.org.

“The road features 318 curves in just 11 miles. ... With hundreds of blind curves, long

blind crests, and high degrees of camber, this claustrophobic scenic forest road

presents plenty of opportunities to leave the pavement both laterally, and

longitudinally.”

Old 11-07-2022, 10:09 PM
Received 163 Likes on 104 Posts

cool pics but why are you guys all over the handicapped parking zone ... that leaves a sour taste . Apologies if there is actually genuine handicapped drivers there.

Old 11-08-2022, 07:37 AM
Received 333 Likes on 200 Posts

Since we took the pictures we can assure you that no one was parked in the HC zone. It was just the only place all could get in and only for a few mins. You would have to see the venue and how full the lot was. Perhaps the sour taste comes from something else. It was a great event and will possibly be better this year. The best part was everyone was very positive and just looking for fun--there were no Debbie Downers in the group.

The following 2 users liked this post by Coventry Foundation:
skizot (11-08-2022), zochmenos (01-29-2023)
Old 01-28-2023, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member

Any word on a 5th running?

winstonsalemncxk (02-04-2023)
Old 01-28-2023, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by uncheel
Any word on a 5th running?
Unfortunately due to other organizers no longer owning an F-Type and other commitments I do not believe there will be a 5th anniversary (at least this year).

Old 01-28-2023, 12:20 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear that, but many thanks (again) to all who put together the last event. Great memories.

The following 2 users liked this post by uncheel:
skizot (01-29-2023), winstonsalemncxk (02-04-2023)
Old 02-23-2023, 01:12 PM

@MellieR will be hosting a 5th annual event, please reach out to her if interested in attending or supporting.

Quick Reply: 4th Annual Tail of the Dragon Event