F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

500+ miles in 2 days over Thanksgiving

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 04:08 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default 500+ miles in 2 days over Thanksgiving

Over Thanksgiving weekend I put 500+ miles on my F-Type in 2 days. It was combination of interstate and some awesome back roads.

The F-Type did great! The long range comfort was great for a sporty car, even though I don't have the adjustable suspension and my active exhaust is always in loud mode.

I will say again what a huge difference the stereo fix did for me and now I can really enjoy my music. I ripped a few CDs for the "CD Changer" and they sound awesome as does streaming Spotify. If you have the coupe, this fix is a must. Also, I noticed that on back roads people would get out of my way when I caught up to them, which definitely does not happen in my other car

Sorry no pics, but thought I would report on how the base F-Type does for longer trips.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:43 PM
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

can i ask a question ?

how is the stereo fix ? i go to service the car on december is something free update ?

Old 11-28-2017, 09:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by indietor
can i ask a question ?

how is the stereo fix ? i go to service the car on december is something free update ?
If you have the Coupe, ask your dealer about the JTB00537 sound system fix. On this side of the ocean the exact bulletin is JTB00537NAS2 (North America version 2), but you will have a similar bulletin number in Europe.

The following 2 users liked this post by Unhingd:
indietor (11-29-2017), LI Jag (11-29-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 09:14 PM

thx guys your help is precious

i came from porsche world and the f-type in italy is really rare and i have some difficult to find info

and i need to say here in italy f-type is considered one of the best sports car !!!

Old 11-29-2017, 12:23 PM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

The long range comfort was great for a sporty car, even though I don't have the adjustable suspension and my active exhaust is always in loud mode.
Cool. I had the same experience on a recent 900 mile trek to Quebec City. For me the suspension is calibrated perfectly between road-feel firmness and long range comfort. I wouldn’t want to change it. “Well-judged” as they say. I’m also riding on 18s, mostly because of the New England roads and wanting to drive year-round, so that’s a factor too.

Also, thought I might regret not getting the performance seats but the sport seats have been fine.

Also, I noticed that on back roads people would get out of my way when I caught up to them, which definitely does not happen in my other car
+1. The F-Type definitely has good “closing presence.” People move over more.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
If you have the Coupe, ask your dealer about the JTB00537 sound system fix. On this side of the ocean the exact bulletin is JTB00537NAS2 (North America version 2), but you will have a similar bulletin number in Europe.
ok i try to do when 6 december i go to service