F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

770 Meridian Sound System - Speaker Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Received 150 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by pistol
I heard from the San Jose, CA dealership today that "a friend of mine" drove all the way from Arizona (that's close to 15 hours of driving) to have his speaker rattle fixed the same way - and they did fix it.

So dear Arizona friend, raise your hand here and tell us about the experience
Pistol, was the San Jose dealer actually able to fix your speaker buzzing issue. I have a new R and I am having the same issue. British Motors of San Francisco says they do not know anything about this problem, so I am thinking of taking it to San Jose for service. How were the overall results? It is sad that my previous car, Infiniti G35, had a better overall sound than my F-Type.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:31 AM
Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by zmoothg
Pistol, was the San Jose dealer actually able to fix your speaker buzzing issue. I have a new R and I am having the same issue. British Motors of San Francisco says they do not know anything about this problem, so I am thinking of taking it to San Jose for service. How were the overall results? It is sad that my previous car, Infiniti G35, had a better overall sound than my F-Type.
Yes they did fix it for me. It sounds much better than before, though not what you'd expect for the R price tag.

I would suggest you call them specifically about the issue. The customer service there isn't good but you can mention they fixed it on mine, they already know others came in to get the same fix and the dealership has had their earful with me and my car so they'll know what you're talking about. Also the tech that did the work was Drew, he's really great.

The following users liked this post:
zmoothg (11-23-2016)
Old 11-23-2016, 02:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, that's SO FRUSTRATING... :-( :-( :-( :-(

I'm getting my amp replaced next Monday... which is actually pretty stupid because "we" know in the meantime that it is only a software issue and therefore EASY TO RESOLVE...

I don't understand why JAG is not doing anything here... I'm driving around in a SUPERB CAR for about a whole year now, bought the TOP sound system (which wasn't cheep!!!) and it sounds like a 5 USD plastic radio... HEY, we're talking about a car which is (here in Switzerland) over 150k USD!!!

Errors can happen - I fully understand that - but WHY the hell is it taking more than ONE YEAR to solve the problem? ...actually the problem isn't solved yet!

I thought about switching to a F-Type SVR (have an F-Type R AWD now)... but as my dealer and JAG are always telling me that "they can't do anything" or "there is no problem with your car" I really have to think about switching to another brand...

I don't feel threaten as a customer at all by Jaguar! That's a pitty.

If anyone from Jaguar Switzerland is readying this - you're welcome to contact me... anytime!

slojotaa (11-23-2016)
Old 11-23-2016, 04:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Hi Tom-R
I am so sorry to hear about this, and can say that I can't believe the software fix isn't being applied to your car! This is terrible, and the mere fact that my car has gone from a "good" stereo system to a "Superb" one with the software fix is mind boggling that others can't get this applied as well. I feel the pain for you, as I now have infotainment problems galore on my F-Pace. I get one fixed and the other should never have been released under the current infotainment problems that they have. It is horrible and killing brand image. I do trust that they will get it right, but this should be right out of the gate, and even if not right out of the gate, within a reasonable period it should be made right.

Again, there is a fix here in NJ that has been experienced by several of us, and Jaguar needs to get this same fix out to the global customer base quickly for the F-Type.

Good Luck!

Old 11-23-2016, 04:18 PM
Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

So...i've had this problem ever since i've had my 2015 R. I've had it in for two extensive visits for a total of over 4 weeks of work (new speakers, new amp, padding/tape added...) and really, zero improvement. I am not going to keep taking in my car to have them tear it apart to keep giving it back to me saying 'it's fixed', and it clearly is not. this is crazy.

so a couple weeks ago, per a forum post from a Jaguar representative that reviews the posts, i reached out, as they said to do. I eventually then get a call from someone from Jaguar corporate offices to offer assistance...'great', i think, this will help with the situation.

well...jaguar customer service strikes again. the grand sum of her help was that she called my dealership that did the work, got the work records, which said 'fixed' and said that there is nothing more they can do for me.

It is amazing how they are eroding the brand with this issue that is ******* so many cars and they are making it worse through inept customer relationship/service.

she said that if i heard another dealership has been successful in fixing this, i could try to take it there. brilliant... no offer of facilitation, no assistance...just, 'you're on your own here'.

it infuriates me every time i fool myself into trying to invest time to fix this issue!

Jaguar has lost any reference-ability from me. such a shame with a premium brand that is trying to put a dent into the more successful brands, that have realized the importance of customer satisfaction and relationships.

The issue is not that we have experienced a problem with the car...it's all about jaguar's inability to provide any dialogue and solution around it.

slojotaa (11-23-2016)
Old 11-23-2016, 04:32 PM
Received 170 Likes on 79 Posts
Default I guess I'll wait until next year...

Gents,

I too am very disappointed in the way JLR has chosen to address this issue. It has been front and center on record for several years now. I simply cannot fathom why JLR has chosen to respond in this way to the problem and their customers' concerns.

However, this being the case, I have just notified my dealer that I am cancelling my order for a custom built SVR until JLR takes these concerns to heart and develops a comprehensive solution for this problem.

This level of inferior quality is not acceptable for any car manufacturer - let alone one that aspires to be considered "World Class"...

The following 2 users liked this post by FeralSVR:
jaguny (11-24-2016), slojotaa (11-23-2016)
Old 11-24-2016, 03:50 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by tom-r
Guys, that's SO FRUSTRATING... :-( :-( :-( :-(

I'm getting my amp replaced next Monday... which is actually pretty stupid because "we" know in the meantime that it is only a software issue and therefore EASY TO RESOLVE...

I don't understand why JAG is not doing anything here... I'm driving around in a SUPERB CAR for about a whole year now, bought the TOP sound system (which wasn't cheep!!!) and it sounds like a 5 USD plastic radio... HEY, we're talking about a car which is (here in Switzerland) over 150k USD!!!

Errors can happen - I fully understand that - but WHY the hell is it taking more than ONE YEAR to solve the problem? ...actually the problem isn't solved yet!

I thought about switching to a F-Type SVR (have an F-Type R AWD now)... but as my dealer and JAG are always telling me that "they can't do anything" or "there is no problem with your car" I really have to think about switching to another brand...

I don't feel threaten as a customer at all by Jaguar! That's a pitty.

If anyone from Jaguar Switzerland is readying this - you're welcome to contact me... anytime!
Good morning Tom-R,

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of your comments and concerns and would like to investigate this further for you with your relevant market.

In order for me to do so, can you please kindly provide your contact and vehicle details via PM.

Many thanks,
Amellia

Old 11-24-2016, 03:08 PM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by CRC@Jaguar
Good morning Tom-R,

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of your comments and concerns and would like to investigate this further for you with your relevant market.

In order for me to do so, can you please kindly provide your contact and vehicle details via PM.

Many thanks,
Amellia
Amellia, unfortunately Jaguar is completely missing the point on this. I have been speaking to Sharon, one of your colleagues in the CRC, about this matter (since last week), but so far it has proved fruitless. I have shared with Sharon all the details around this issue, the background, the relevant links to the posts on this forum, where not only have many many owners (myself included) continually discussed the very poor audio quality of this allegedly "premium" stereo system, but we also have discussed the software fix that has now been identified by one specific dealership and applied to customer cars with apparently great success.

I have pointed Sharon in the direction of the forum post on here which describes the software fix carried out by the Madison County dealership in New Jersey.

There is clearly a fix out there, which if issued as a TSB by Jaguar would make a LOT of owners very happy indeed, but so far the only official advice is for each individual owner to take the car to their local dealer and engage in a fruitless battle almost certainly resulting in no stereo resolution (unless you live in New Jersey, in which case you can use the services of the one dealership that has managed to figure out the issue and resolve it).

Addressing a single customer at a time ignores the ill-feeling that many F-Type owners share towards Jaguar this issue...this is not a one-car issue nor even a few-car issue, but a much bigger issue with a large % of F-Types globally.

JLR needs to get on top of this and roll out the fix that we now know exists, instead of continually fobbing owners off, and this one act will make a lot of people very very happy indeed.

Obviously not a rant aimed personally at you, but definitely a rant aimed at JLR.

Last edited by CaptainHam; 11-24-2016 at 03:12 PM. Reason: rant-induced typo corrections
jaguny (12-01-2016)
Old 11-24-2016, 03:24 PM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Amellia, details of the Holy Grail of F-Type audio fixes can be found here. Your technical department has already told me (via Sharon) that they are aware of no pending fixes, and have also said that the codes mentioned within this forum post are not relevant to the F-Type, but the real-world evidence says otherwise.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...inally-171963/

And you only need to look just a few posts up on this very thread to see exactly what is behind my rant:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...7/#post1574020

Last edited by CaptainHam; 11-24-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainHam
Amellia, details of the Holy Grail of F-Type audio can be found here. Your technical department has already told me (via Sharon) that they are aware of no pending fixes, and have also said that the codes mentioned within this forum post are not relevant to the F-Type, but the real-world evidence says otherwise.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...inally-171963/

And you only need to look just a few posts up on this very thread to see exactly what is behind my rant:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...7/#post1574020

Amanda, you need to understand as does your Jaguar enterprise that there is a fix, I had the fix done to my F-Type R, and the audio is 'off the charts" awesome now. How you cannot recognize Don from Madison Jaguar as a master mechanic and the master of the fix for me originally and several of my colleagues getting the same fix is a gross headache for me trying to figure this out. There is no logic, and if somebody would pick up the phone and ask for "exactly" what was done, you have the fix period end of story.

Dealers guessing, rejecting, or whatever is a gross travesty, and one that you need to forward to your management for a solution!!!

I am now off to the problems with my infotainment system on the F-Pace, and this is another issue that blows me away, a story for a separate forum, and a separate day. Jaguar NA is helping me with this, but my confidence in your Quality Control at the factory level is questionable at best!!!

Good luck all f-type owners, hopefully this and the previous post to Jaguar gets it right once and for all! I have experienced this first hand and am a happy camper as a result. We all should be this lucky to get our dealers to apply "uniform fixes", but obviously this isn't the case.

Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless you all!

Old 11-28-2016, 02:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

Here is an update I found today for the tweeters

SSM73060 - Buzzing Sound From Tweeter Speakers (Coupe Only)

MP_JLR_L0045

Old 11-28-2016, 03:00 PM
Veteran Member

Model: 15MY - Onward F-TYPE Coupe

Issue: The customer may express a concern where a buzzing sound can be heard from the tweeter speakers.

Cause: Audio Amplifier Module (AAM) equalizer file not optimized for Coupe model.

Action: A manual patch has been created to update the software in the AAM until a Technical Bulletin can be created.

Sorry I meant to put those together but this is the file the tech needs to manually download MP_JLR_L0045

Last edited by MaximA; 11-28-2016 at 03:14 PM.
TheStrategist (11-28-2016)
Old 11-28-2016, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by MaximA

Issue: The customer may express a concern where a buzzing sound can be heard from the tweeter speakers.

Cause: Audio Amplifier Module (AAM) equalizer file not optimized for Coupe model.

Action: A manual patch has been created to update the software in the AAM until a Technical Bulletin can be created.

Sorry I meant to put those together but this is the file the tech needs to manually download MP_JLR_L0045
what is the source of this? TOPIx?

Old 11-28-2016, 11:59 PM
Veteran Member

Yes I just noticed it this morning.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:29 PM
Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MaximA

Awesome - could you attach that pdf?

Old 11-29-2016, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member

One moment

Last edited by MaximA; 11-29-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:03 PM
Veteran Member

Here you go

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SSM73060.pdf (261.1 KB, 244 views)
The following 2 users liked this post by MaximA:
jaguny (12-01-2016), pistol (11-30-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 08:06 PM
Veteran Member

I really hope it helps you guys, I'll install it on my car after its back from a detail.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I don't think I will ever bring my car back to Madison Jaguar aka Paul Miller Jaguar. I went to the parts department and they would not even sell me a standard parking light bulb. They said we don't sell you parts here unless your car comes in for service first to diag the problem and then we will sell you the bulb and you pay for labor and the bulb. IT says in the manual what the bulb number is but they won't sell you a simple serviceable blinker bulb even. Pretty sad for a car with a bad standard blinker bulb that is a 2017 and only has 88 miles on it.

That dealership has been a mess for many years and until Paul Miller finishes cleaning house there I won't return there as with all my visits none were a pleasure at all.

Originally Posted by slojotaa
Amanda, you need to understand as does your Jaguar enterprise that there is a fix, I had the fix done to my F-Type R, and the audio is 'off the charts" awesome now. How you cannot recognize Don from Madison Jaguar as a master mechanic and the master of the fix for me originally and several of my colleagues getting the same fix is a gross headache for me trying to figure this out. There is no logic, and if somebody would pick up the phone and ask for "exactly" what was done, you have the fix period end of story.

Dealers guessing, rejecting, or whatever is a gross travesty, and one that you need to forward to your management for a solution!!!

I am now off to the problems with my infotainment system on the F-Pace, and this is another issue that blows me away, a story for a separate forum, and a separate day. Jaguar NA is helping me with this, but my confidence in your Quality Control at the factory level is questionable at best!!!

Good luck all f-type owners, hopefully this and the previous post to Jaguar gets it right once and for all! I have experienced this first hand and am a happy camper as a result. We all should be this lucky to get our dealers to apply "uniform fixes", but obviously this isn't the case.

Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless you all!

Old 11-30-2016, 07:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts
Lightbulb

Thanks for that link, I just looked on there for my new 17 XE and they list mine as having 825 watts and 17 speakers. https://www.meridian-audio.com/autom.../#post-systems

Strange that it seems the 17 speaker locations are accurate except that it shows 2 trunk subs for mine but I only found 1 physically when I was looking as if I have the 380 watt 11 speaker set up. That part I find very strange.

The sound is super and perfect when playing over BT or my iPod but the AM/FM, Sat radio all sound super poor now matter what I try. Mine is going back to the dealer as the whole center console locks up and reboots all the time. Cant even turn of the A/C or have the beck up cam work.

Originally Posted by DJS
I asked a Jaguar rep on another board about speaker sizes and locations. I have the base 380W Meridian system. His response...

I'm assuming the mid-range/bass speakers in the door are coaxial, not separate speakers, and the same for the rear/subwoofer. I may have someone check, not sure I have the ***** to pull the door liner off - always hated doing that.

There is also this:
https://www.meridian-audio.com/en/au...-sound-system/

The center speaker on the dash is only there for the 770W system.

Quick Reply: 770 Meridian Sound System - Speaker Question