Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

770 Meridian Sound System - Speaker Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 04:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Gents and ladies,

The audio, entertainment division of Jaguar needs a housecleaning. Thanks to all of you on the forum working to help all of us. This problem has reached a point of ridiculousness. I look forward to possibly having this fixed.

The following users liked this post:
James Tootle (12-07-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 05:49 AM
Received 4,456 Likes on 2,427 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
Thanks for that link, I just looked on there for my new 17 XE and they list mine as having 825 watts and 17 speakers. https://www.meridian-audio.com/autom.../#post-systems

Strange that it seems the 17 speaker locations are accurate except that it shows 2 trunk subs for mine but I only found 1 physically when I was looking as if I have the 380 watt 11 speaker set up. That part I find very strange.

The sound is super and perfect when playing over BT or my iPod but the AM/FM, Sat radio all sound super poor now matter what I try. Mine is going back to the dealer as the whole center console locks up and reboots all the time. Cant even turn of the A/C or have the beck up cam work.
Two channels into a single sub driver is standard for JLR, it's been like that for more than a decade now...

The system in your XE is the NGI "Next Generation Infotainment" it uses an Ethernet network instead of the MOST fiber optic loop. Actually it's a totally different system the only thing that's the same as the earlier cars is the speakers, everything else is new...

Old 12-07-2016, 04:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by MaximA
Model: 15MY - Onward F-TYPE Coupe

Issue: The customer may express a concern where a buzzing sound can be heard from the tweeter speakers.

Cause: Audio Amplifier Module (AAM) equalizer file not optimized for Coupe model.

Action: A manual patch has been created to update the software in the AAM until a Technical Bulletin can be created.

Sorry I meant to put those together but this is the file the tech needs to manually download MP_JLR_L0045
Hi MaximA,

Did you have this patch applied to your car ?
I'm going to my dealership (in France) tomorrow and would probably ask for it to be done, hoping it would change something...
I really can't stand that shitty sound anymore! But I'm also tired of asking my dealer to fix an issue they even don't recognize (buzzing twitters) : it seems I'm the only one having this issue!!

I already went twice to the dealership for this problem : they updated the software and put dynamat everywhere but of course it didn't change anything (except new vibrations from the doors and back speakers due to disassembly and reassembly of parts...)
I also wanted to try the unofficial "fix" with a good amp placed in my car without calibration.. But I wasn't able to find a F-type without the twitter problem at my dealership! ((... no there is no problems with the audio system! ))

I really love this amazing F-type R but I'm fond of music and I just can't go on with this €3000 crappy audio system! If there is no solution from JLR by spring, I will definitely sell this car and go back to a German brand : they do solve problems (when there are some) and it makes all the difference for me.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

If you have them apply the latest AAM module from SDD 148 you will get it with the configuration and yes for me at least it sounds much better. Three people asked me what changed, and it sounds so much better.

I'm new to the F Type but surprised it took so long to address.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:47 PM
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Get your audio updated peeps.

Just got my car back from the dealer today and I can confirm that the software update did fix the buzzing from the tweeter.

Your dealer should already have the update for the software and the bulletin is literally called "SSM73060 - Buzzing Sound From Tweeter Speakers (Coupe Only)"

Thanks MaximA.

The following 3 users liked this post by tn.dn:
jaguny (12-10-2016), MaximA (12-10-2016), pistol (12-30-2016)
Old 12-19-2016, 01:45 PM
Veteran Member

Here is the final bulletin you can give your dealer.

JTB00537NAS1 - Buzzing Sound From Tweeter Speakers

The following 2 users liked this post by MaximA:
CaptainHam (12-19-2016), Mpowerr (01-18-2017)
Old 12-19-2016, 04:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Here is the final bulletin you can give your dealer.

JTB00537NAS1 - Buzzing Sound From Tweeter Speakers
Thanks for the info...
Lawrence

Old 12-20-2016, 09:00 PM
Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

i'v got an appt after the holidays...fingers crossed!

would you happen to have a link to the full bulletin?

Old 12-20-2016, 09:23 PM
Veteran Member
Old 12-25-2016, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

If you have them apply the latest AAM module from SDD 148 you will get it with the configuration and yes for me at least it sounds much better. Three people asked me what changed, and it sounds so much better.

I'm new to the F Type but surprised it took so long to address.
I couldn't agree with you more! my system has been sounding as good as it gets in a car since they performed this for me 2 months + ago. the fix is out there, and I am shocked that Dynomat, and other remedies are being applied (or denied). SHOCKING to say the least, and MaximA, we know the upgrade is awesome. I write this so that all of you know how good it is and a solution was developed, applied and I can't understand why the fix isn't universally being remedied. Defies all logic!!! I don't blame Jaguar, but the dealerships that are very inconsistent. DON"T DRIVE WITH A SHITTY STEREO.....it doesn't have to be and the fix is available. Be persist. and make it happen.

The following users liked this post:
MaximA (12-25-2016)
Old 01-12-2017, 09:29 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Post Amp update: where to go now?

I figured I should post in this in the thread here because this is a topic that my fellows in this thread probably care about.

Even after most of the issues from the audio system itself are fixed, I still cannot really enjoy my driving experience because of the poor quality of the interior construction. Rattles behind both seats and the center console to begin with.

Dealer looked at it at least 3 times and they 'cant duplicate it' Anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of expert I can take this car to to have the interior gone over with a fine tooth comb and troubleshoot all these rattling issues?

Thanks

Old 01-16-2017, 03:04 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by TheStrategist
I figured I should post in this in the thread here because this is a topic that my fellows in this thread probably care about.

Even after most of the issues from the audio system itself are fixed, I still cannot really enjoy my driving experience because of the poor quality of the interior construction. Rattles behind both seats and the center console to begin with.

Dealer looked at it at least 3 times and they 'cant duplicate it' Anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of expert I can take this car to to have the interior gone over with a fine tooth comb and troubleshoot all these rattling issues?

Thanks
Good morning TheStrategist,

Thank you for your message.

I am deeply sorry to learn of all of the concerns you have raised to myself. I would be more than happy to request that this is investigated in further detail on your behalf.

In order for me to do so, can I please kindly request that you PM me with your vehicle and contact details.

Many thanks,
Amellia

Old 01-16-2017, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by CRC@Jaguar
Good morning TheStrategist,

I am deeply sorry to learn of all of the concerns you have raised to myself. I would be more than happy to request that this is investigated in further detail on your behalf.

In order for me to do so, can I please kindly request that you PM me with your vehicle and contact details.

Many thanks,
Amellia

LOL. Just stop.

Old 01-16-2017, 01:37 PM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Nati
LOL. Just stop.

Old 01-17-2017, 06:37 PM
Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TheStrategist

Thanks
Same here. After many visits, there are still a number of interior quality issues that are a daily nagging reminder of the crappy quality/workmanship. The driving is fun enough to tune it out on a windy mountain road, but when daily driving it throughout the city, the issues become clear. Here's my current list for my next service visit in a few days:

1. Check engine light! [as of yesterday]
2. Right dash creak/tick/buzz [previously fixed, but back again]
3. Roof tick twice a second when applying brake [confirmed, fix attempted, no resolution]
4. Passenger door creak near B pillar [new issue]
5. Breaks too soft/squishy, air flush needed? [last 3 months, previously was told behaves correctly, I strongly disagree]
6. Brake squeaks under light pedal pressure [last 3 months]
7. Front right parking sensor intermittent false alert [last few months]
8. Fuel filling stops early many times at pump [last 3 months]

Plus a seemingly endless number of areas in the doors/dash/seat console that rattle when playing music with some moderate bass.

Keep in mind I've already accumulated over 6 weeks of shop time in just under a year of ownership. I've been starting to seriously contemplate the lemon law.

Last edited by pistol; 01-17-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:59 PM
Received 182 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by pistol
Same here. After many visits, there are still a number of interior quality issues that are a daily nagging reminder of the crappy quality/workmanship. The driving is fun enough to tune it out on a windy mountain road, but when daily driving it throughout the city, the issues become clear. Here's my current list for my next service visit in a few days:

3. Roof tick twice a second when applying brake [confirmed, fix attempted, no resolution]
5. Breaks too soft/squishy, air flush needed? [last 3 months, previously was told behaves correctly, I strongly disagree]

Plus a seemingly endless number of areas in the doors/dash/seat console that rattle when playing music with some moderate bass.

Keep in mind I've already accumulated over 6 weeks of shop time in just under a year of ownership. I've been starting to seriously contemplate the lemon law.
Sounds terrible - you shouldn't be experiencing any of that. My car is a convertible, 3 years old with 18k miles. It doesn't rattle, squeak, display any check engine or other warning lights, brakes are great and don't squeak, zero issues putting gas in. It hasn't ever needed any remediation work in its life.

Hope you can get it sorted as must be very frustrating.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

I frequent different forums and I'd say the Audis have the least issues and the Dodges (specifically Hellcats) also have a low numbers of issues - the ones they do have are serious though.

Glad not all F-types have this many issues - still my favorite car. The first thing I always hear from non-enthusiasts when the word Jaguar is spoken is don't get one they have so many problems .... ugh.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:02 AM
Received 151 Likes on 104 Posts

I have my own list to date.

1. Rattling/vibrating sound in doors when radio is on, even at low volume. (Took it in to get fixed, they said it was fixed but it was even worst. Ended up dynamat-ing and padding both the doors myself, reduced problem by 70%)
2. Rattling noise from the rear wall on any road that is not perfectly smooth
3. Rattling noise from the convertible top bouncing against the plastic side flaps
5. Exhaust issue, right valve doesn't fully open, rattling, clicking in the muffler/silencer (pronounced with valves closed)
6. Battery drain - Low battery indicator every few days (At the dealer being addressed now)
7. Electrical Issue 1 - Car does not always respond to the remote. Need to wait up to 30 secs before it decides to listen.
8. Electrical Issue 2 - The garage opener occasional does not work. Solution: power off the car, and then back on and it works.
9. The alignment on the passenger side rear fender is bad, causes paint to chip where rear quarter panel and bumper meets - fixed but has returned

Old 01-18-2017, 01:15 AM
Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by zmoothg
I have my own list to date.

1. Rattling/vibrating sound in doors when radio is on, even at low volume. (Took it in to get fixed, they said it was fixed but it was even worst. Ended up dynamat-ing and padding both the doors myself, reduced problem by 70%)
2. Rattling noise from the rear wall on any road that is not perfectly smooth
3. Rattling noise from the convertible top bouncing against the plastic side flaps
5. Exhaust issue, right valve doesn't fully open, rattling, clicking in the muffler/silencer (pronounced with valves closed)
6. Battery drain - Low battery indicator every few days (At the dealer being addressed now)
7. Electrical Issue 1 - Car does not always respond to the remote. Need to wait up to 30 secs before it decides to listen.
8. Electrical Issue 2 - The garage opener occasional does not work. Solution: power off the car, and then back on and it works.
9. The alignment on the passenger side rear fender is bad, causes paint to chip where rear quarter panel and bumper meets - fixed but has returned
Sorry to hear... As for #1 have you already had the recent fix for JTB00537NAS1 per my signature? That should be a big improvement. It's a battle I fought for months and fortunately there's a fix for everyone now.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:41 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by pistol

Good afternoon Pistol,

I am sorry to learn that your concerns have resulted in your vehicle returning to your preferred retailer numerous times.

Should you require any further assistance regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact me where I will be more than happy to investigate this where necessary.

Many thanks,
Amellia

Quick Reply: 770 Meridian Sound System - Speaker Question