F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9 Second 1/4 mile F-Type R?!?!?!? That's the plan....

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 10:01 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 9 Second 1/4 mile F-Type R?!?!?!? That's the plan....

Good afternoon all,

Beginning next week, my ftype will be undergoing a full transformation under the direction of DBR High Performance that will include the addition of

1. Tune
2. Suspension lowering
3. Suspension bushings
4. Motor mounts
5. MANIFOLD back switchable valve exhaust
6. 200 cell cats
7.upgraded intercooler radiator
8. Upgraded lower pulley?????? Possibly possible
9. Upgraded upper pulley
10. Upgraded pulley crank (I feel like this might be redundant/the same, I don't know how these damn things work)
11. Upgraded electric cooling fans
12. Upgraded electric water pump (two devices belt free now!)
13. Nitrous system with fully integrated boost modulation and control.
14. Wheels that drop 30+ pounds
15. Track able tires to match
16. Expansion tank upgrade
17. Thermal protection everywhere
18. Air filters upgrades
19. 110 octane blue race fuel

20. YOU TELL ME!

Amy I crazy or is there any reason why this car will not do high 9'school once complete? Goal is under 3 sec 0-60 and under 10 1/4 mile. This seems reasonable correct?

If you know of ANYTHING else that can be moved or improved, please let me know asap.

On a side note, to the octane doubters out there, there IS a difference in performance between 91 and 110 octane. Try it out and see the difference in maintained high rpm acceleration once you get going about 70. Hp stays consistent and high instead of faltering at higher gear high and from low rpm high speed revs.

On a side note, this whole deal will cost about 20k for reference. Paramount performance will be supplying about 85% of the parts. If you have a company that would like to get your logo or brand on the finished product by in turn supplying a part, let me know. Would love to show this as the fastest Jag ever and hopefully get everyone a little publicity. On the other hand the car might just blow up too.

You can also just pop in and say your jealous...

Chris

Last edited by Chris starko; 04-14-2016 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

What's your plan to lose 500 or more lbs? I doubt you'll see 10s.

The following users liked this post:
SinF (04-15-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 11:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris starko
Good afternoon all,

Beginning next week, my ftype will be undergoing a full transformation under the direction of DBR High Performance that will include the addition of

1. Tune
2. Suspension lowering
3. Suspension bushings
4. Motor mounts
5. MANIFOLD back switchable valve exhaust
6. 200 cell cats
7.upgraded intercooler radiator
8. Upgraded lower pulley?????? Possibly possible
9. Upgraded upper pulley
10. Upgraded pulley crank (I feel like this might be redundant/the same, I don't know how these damn things work)
11. Upgraded electric cooling fans
12. Upgraded electric water pump (two devices belt free now!)
13. Nitrous system with fully integrated boost modulation and control.
14. Wheels that drop 30+ pounds
15. Track able tires to match
16. Expansion tank upgrade
17. Thermal protection everywhere
18. Air filters upgrades
19. 110 octane blue race fuel

20. YOU TELL ME!

Amy I crazy or is there any reason why this car will not do high 9'school once complete? Goal is under 3 sec 0-60 and under 10 1/4 mile. This seems reasonable correct?

If you know of ANYTHING else that can be moved or improved, please let me know asap.

On a side note, to the octane doubters out there, there IS a difference in performance between 91 and 110 octane. Try it out and see the difference in maintained high rpm acceleration once you get going about 70. Hp stays consistent and high instead of faltering at higher gear high and from low rpm high speed revs.

On a side note, this whole deal will cost about 20k for reference. Paramount performance will be supplying about 85% of the parts. If you have a company that would like to get your logo or brand on the finished product by in turn supplying a part, let me know. Would love to show this as the fastest Jag ever and hopefully get everyone a little publicity. On the other hand the car might just blow up too.

You can also just pop in and say your jealous...

Chris
8 & 10. The lower pulley is the crank pulley. At 18mm over, Eurotoys has the largest crank pulley. Paramount's is only 10mm over.

With the nitrous, anything is possible for short sprints, but don't forget swapping pistons and rods for forged ones.

Who will be providing the tune? It seems DBR does theirs with nothing but handhelds which means off-the-shelf tunes. With everything you are doing the tune will need to be fully customized.

Eurotoys (04-15-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 11:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

Post pictures of the fire!

The following 2 users liked this post by Nati:
amcdonal86 (04-15-2016), ImNotFamousAnymore (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh
What's your plan to lose 500 or more lbs? I doubt you'll see 10s.
Challenge accepted sir! And if I fail, we'll then fire it is indeed I say.!

The tune will come from Paramount as it will be adjusted to take the part into account. Driving data will then be incorporated once available and taken into account with tweaking. Dbr has a dyno on site. However, I plan on utilizing the viezu database and certainly will test or purchase 3-4 set ups attuned for day driving, drag track etc. I am looking for 0-160, with a focus on 60-120 kph. In other words I want to spank this new hurracan that I keep seeing and loosing to lol.

As the great one Ricky Bobby once saI'd "I wanna go fast . ."

Old 04-15-2016, 12:44 AM

On a side note, I am very open to all suggestions for who you might recommend as a tune alternative. I have only experienced etg tune so far. Thanks unhinged.

9h, and how the he'll do I get my real name to no longer be my user name?! Anyone?

QUOTE=Unhingd;1442360]8 & 10. The lower pulley is the crank pulley. At 18mm over, Eurotoys has the largest crank pulley. Paramount's is only 10mm over.

With the nitrous, anything is possible for short sprints, but don't forget swapping pistons and rods for forged ones.

Who will be providing the tune? It seems DBR does theirs with nothing but handhelds which means off-the-shelf tunes. With everything you are doing the tune will need to be fully customized.[/QUOTE]

Old 04-15-2016, 01:37 AM
Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

10s will be tough let alone 9s. The car just weighs too much. Look at what has been done with the GTR platform for reference (similar weight and AWD).

A 4000 lb car including driver will take more than 900 HP (crank) under perfect conditions to break the 10s.

Fully built motor for sure, including crankshaft, pistons, rods, bearings and head flow work. Much higher boost with twin screw supercharger (or twin turbo) and maybe larger throttle body. Injectors, charge cooler, radiator, oil cooler upgrade. Built transmission and driveline. Weight reduction.

Loosing 500 lb in weight will reduce the HP requirement to about 800 HP.

SinF (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 04:43 AM

The fox/hale/huntington/lrt equation to which your math relates is notorious for underestimating AWD traction and the effect of drastreetable tires.

Keep in mind also that if all you did to the f type was add a nice shot of Nos, you would expect 1-2 second quarter mile improvements at 10mph trap speed faster.

Let's say for instance that 10.5 is a given once we're all loaded up without nos, I am going to put my neck on the line and say with slicks and good sniff of the stuff you will see mid 9's.

Keep in mind also that nitrogen direct ported provides a super intercooler effect on the hot air the super creates which should drop engine Temps significantly.

That's my two cents atleast!

Originally Posted by cbroth1
10s will be tough let alone 9s. The car just weighs too much. Look at what has been done with the GTR platform for reference (similar weight and AWD).

A 4000 lb car including driver will take more than 900 HP (crank) under perfect conditions to break the 10s.

Fully built motor for sure, including crankshaft, pistons, rods, bearings and head flow work. Much higher boost with twin screw supercharger (or twin turbo) and maybe larger throttle body. Injectors, charge cooler, radiator, oil cooler upgrade. Built transmission and driveline. Weight reduction.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by cbroth1

We're on the same wavelength, but after weighing my no-option, base V6 convertible and seeing that it weighs 4000 lbs. with me and a full tank of fuel, I wouldn't be surprised if the AWD V8 is well over 4200 lbs.

Old 04-15-2016, 07:32 AM
Received 321 Likes on 218 Posts

The fox/hale/huntington/lrt equation to which your math relates is notorious for underestimating AWD traction and the effect of drastreetable tires.

Keep in mind also that if all you did to the f type was add a nice shot of Nos, you would expect 1-2 second quarter mile improvements at 10mph trap speed faster.

Let's say for instance that 10.5 is a given once we're all loaded up without nos, I am going to put my neck on the line and say with slicks and good sniff of the stuff you will see mid 9's.

Keep in mind also that nitrogen direct ported provides a super intercooler effect on the hot air the super creates which should drop engine Temps significantly.

That's my two cents atleast!
Please don't be stupid and spray needed 300-350hp shot/shots without rebuilding the engine with strong internals if you really try mid 9. Orginal cast pistons without any thermal coatings give up. Rods are also not real forged ones. Small amount of nitrous is great for cooling, but big shot makes huge extra heat.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:57 AM
Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

Good luck brother...I'll race you to the 9s or blow up trying

already working on it...
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...-steps-161006/

Old 04-15-2016, 09:04 AM
Received 321 Likes on 218 Posts

Virtual beer for the first 10s and bottle of whisky for the first 9s. :}

Old 04-15-2016, 09:08 AM
Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

I think you might be over simplifying what it takes to get into the 9s, let alone mid 9s. One of the biggest nuts to crack is TQ limiters down low. I have scores of passes and the car will not 60' harder than 1.75 on drag radials with NO spin. Will nitrous help? Sure, we're doing a progressive kit - so stay tuned.

Or...will the ecu freak out and limit it anyway? Or maybe we have the nitrous come on at 10mph...who knows.

I too, am on a remote tune...which has been awesome...but I (we?) are getting into unknown territory. Follow the mods going on my car now, it's getting completely retuned on a Mustang dyno for everything.

And I'm keeping Proline on speed dial, should things go awry
Jay

Old 04-15-2016, 09:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

I am very open to all suggestions for who you might recommend as a tune alternative. I have only experienced etg tune so far... and how the he'll do I get my real name to no longer be my user name.
1. PM Cambo with your name change request.
2. I can only speak for the 3 tuners that I have worked with over the past 2 decades, 2 of which no longer appear to be in business for very obvious reasons. The 3rd I can strongly recommend based on a decade long relationship tuning 2 different cars. Unfortunately for you, John Behe with ASM Performance in Hanover MD is not conveniently located to you. He will not do a remote tune. He relies on a true load dyno and lamda readings in realtime to develop tunes specific to a vehicle. Make certain whatever tuner you use is not using an inertial dyno (which are much cheaper).

Old 04-15-2016, 09:12 AM
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

The CV joints in the IRS will most likely be a major weak point when using "track able tires". Good luck

Old 04-15-2016, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 484 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by Nati
Post pictures of the fire!
Ahahahahaha!!!!

Yeah, I also kind of doubt you'll get into the 10s, much less the 9s!

The 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder Is the Quickest Road Car in the World ? Feature ? Car and Driver

Not even the Veyron can do that!

Old 04-15-2016, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 330 Likes on 257 Posts

Foosh and Unhingd have already echoed my thoughts.

For reference, my buddy runs a dedicated drag car; it weighs 3200 lbs and has been dynoed at 805hp.....he runs high 9's on slicks carrying the front wheels through the 60'. The car IS street legal and we destroyed a brand new 911 Turbo S at a 30 mph roll-on.

I think most people completely underestimate how much it takes to run a 10.X second quarter, much less a 9.X second one.

Anyhow, just my observations; I wish you luck,

Dave

Old 04-15-2016, 06:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

There was a thread earlier with a similar tone to this one... perhaps you were the OP of that too. As in that thread, i feel like you're just throwing parts at the car without a real plan. $20k is a lot of money, and you can do big things with that kind of money, but not when the modifications aren't intelligently laid out to complement eachother. Is a larger intercooler radiator needed? Who knows, could be a waste of money... same goes for the motor mounts, expansion tank, etc. I just fear you're going to be really disappointed when the motor blows or you run 10.5 after all is said and done.

Foosh (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 06:53 PM
Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts

So the twist here is the computer and the torque sensor on the input of the trans. I doubt you'll get to a point where the torque needs to be without some override which is not going to be easy.
You'll have to be putting out 700+ at the tires to get your high nine. I hope you can get there. Jump over the the CTS-V forum and see how those guys are getting there. They have more cubes but the concept is identical and perhaps someone can lend a friend some advice from their experiences.

Update: On another post here they state that the torque limit block has been cracked.

Last edited by allenman85; 04-15-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:37 AM

Update!

Port and polishing the super now.

PLEASE KEEP THE FEEDBACK COMING. I kid you not when I say that each and every bit of input is being takend into consideration and acted upon. This is as much a group project as any individual. Everything noted above is invaluable.

Except for your option Stohlen, damn purist! (Smiley face..)

I am terrified also that a v6 was 4k lbs without fuel and passenger!

Quick Reply: 9 Second 1/4 mile F-Type R?!?!?!? That's the plan....